Pelupessy

On 15/03/2021 at 00:04, Rev Owl said:

This is such an Owlstalk thing.

A player gets berated weekly for being rubbish.

Then, either he puts in a good performance or two, or people think they've overdone the berating and suddenly, he becomes a world beater.

It would be nice for a change to have a reasonable, fair and consistent assessment of what a player brings to our team.

FWIW I don't think JP is the right fit here and I don't think we should offer him a new contract. Fresh start all round.

We need to change the mentality of the squad and that means shipping a lot of them out as many are too used to losing.

100%

Was similar with Patterson - scores a handful of goals and was given ‘cult hero’ status by some fans yet within a couple of months is suddenly deemed to be atrocious. Not that I disagree with the latter, but in terms of pelupessy its taken him about 4 seasons to put in a decent string of performances - clearly not ever been good enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/03/2021 at 10:10, Kanye West said:

Genuinely never understood the grief Joey gets on here, he's far far from our worst player and one of only a handful that you can say puts 100% in every game.

He's not even as bad as most people make out, yes he's not the most gifted technical player but that's not what he's in the team to do. You won't see him pinging balls 40/50 yards but he's great at pressing the other team and winning the ball back, it's just a shame that when we have won it back the other players that supposedly are there to create things seem incapable of doing so.

Spot on.

Some of the so called 'creative' players should be shown the door first, they create fizz all.

Edited by Andrew6666

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

For me, JP works hard, closes down and puts a foot when he can, but he’s just not effective enough in that role and for that reason I’m out.

He needs to be in a three in midfield for him to be effective.  Personally I think a midfield three of Pelupessy, Luongo and Bannan would be far to good for League one next season. Providing Moore uses them in the right way.