Pelupessy

1 hour ago, Sticky Micky said:

Some people just can't help stick the boot in with joey can they 

He gives 100% effort every game 

Which can be said than 99% of the scum at this club 

BTW we have a better record this season joey starting than him not 

I'm not sure anyone is criticising him. He is what he is  as certainly tries his best and never neshes a challenge etc.

6 minutes ago, modboy said:

I'm not sure anyone is criticising him. He is what he is  as certainly tries his best and never neshes a challenge etc.

Are you new to this sight 

Joey has taken cristism since he walked through the door 

Granted he ain't makele but he ain't as bad as people say he is 

And always gives 100% for the club and shirt 

He's one of the few players who can hang his head up this season 

And he won't be on a 3rd of what our 'stars' have stolen from us this season 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Are you new to this sight 

Joey has taken cristism since he walked through the door 

Granted he ain't makele but he ain't as bad as people say he is 

And always gives 100% for the club and shirt 

He's one of the few players who can hang his head up this season 

And he won't be on a 3rd of what our 'stars' have stolen from us this season 

He's ok but he has had some poor performances for us. Seems a decent bloke but following the likes of Lee etc was always going to be difficult.

Probably needs a fresh start for all concerned.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

He was flipping good today.

i thought he had a decent game especially in the first half, however compare him to any of the Norwich midfielders.  They all had more awareness, were more creative and got into both boxes more often. That’s part of our problem, we’ve not got a modern day midfielder, many of whom will have a bit of everything about them. Joeys work rate and tackling can often be Championship standard, but his creative side, his goals and assists column, his influence in the match and reading of the game are all L2.  I’m sure few would argue that he’s a level behind Semedo and he struggled at this level.  You can make similar arguments for all our midfielders, Hutch (who for me should be played CH as today or left out of the team) is influential and reads the game well and often his tackling is Championship class, but he doesn’t have the engine and creates very little. Bannan creates, but his assist column has dropped off the scale (partly due to our overall lack of quality, he doesn’t score enough and his defensive side isn’t good enough. 
When you watched that 2nd half we were completely overrun in midfield and they were cutting through us. Our wider players didn’t help (think of how Wallace used to tuck in) and therein lies one of the many problems of this unbalanced side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shandypants said:

Pelupessy my MOM.  I thought he was excellent for us.  

Windass is my chump of the match - stupid and selfish TWICE!  

Both should be gone imo, starting with windass, hes a first rate @osser.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I watched Joey very carefully today. Off the ball he’s actually very good. He hustles, he harries and he’s even fouling at the correct times too. The problems come when he has the ball. He’s quite possibly the worst midfielder in possession that I’ve ever seen at Sheffield Wednesday. Even a two to five yard pass is too much for him and he either miss places it or leaves it short of the player. He should probably start every game from now till the end of the season as at least he cares and fights.

I wouldn’t offer a new contract but as part of Moore’s(if he’s not fired) 4-2-3-1 formation next year in League 1, he might actually be ok.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Thats when I wanted fresh legs on in the form of Shaw for Reach, not that reach was poor, just some one had to come off.

Wonder if we won’t actually see Shaw on the pitch again...

4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Even a two to five yard pass is too much for him and he either miss places it or leaves it short of the player.

Had he not got the best passing accuracy rating out of all of our players this may actually be true.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This is such an Owlstalk thing.

A player gets berated weekly for being rubbish.

Then, either he puts in a good performance or two, or people think they've overdone the berating and suddenly, he becomes a world beater.

It would be nice for a change to have a reasonable, fair and consistent assessment of what a player brings to our team.

FWIW I don't think JP is the right fit here and I don't think we should offer him a new contract. Fresh start all round.

We need to change the mentality of the squad and that means shipping a lot of them out as many are too used to losing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

This is such an Owlstalk thing.

A player gets berated weekly for being rubbish.

Then, either he puts in a good performance or two, or people think they've overdone the berating and suddenly, he becomes a world beater.

It would be nice for a change to have a reasonable, fair and consistent assessment of what a player brings to our team.

FWIW I don't think JP is the right fit here and I don't think we should offer him a new contract. Fresh start all round.

We need to change the mentality of the squad and that means shipping a lot of them out as many are too used to losing.

If we are in League One next season. Pelupessy would be the first player I offer a contract to.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I don't think it's an option for next season but there'd be no better pairing in League One than Loungo & Pelupessy.

It's depressing to say but their combative style would be too much for many teams.

Share the workload, no carrying Bannan. Lets give Alex Hunt a run also

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Had he not got the best passing accuracy rating out of all of our players this may actually be true.

It is true regardless of useless stats. The amount of times he plays a hospital ball is shocking. My suggestion to you is instead of checking stats to support your sarcastic comments, you should actually try and watch a game. It’s very easy to have higher accuracy ratings when every pass is to someone two yards away. Just saying.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
28 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I don't think it's an option for next season but there'd be no better pairing in League One than Loungo & Pelupessy.

It's depressing to say but their combative style would be too much for many teams.

Share the workload, no carrying Bannan. Lets give Alex Hunt a run also

Alex Hunt.... erm let’s not. Lightweight personified!

7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I watched Joey very carefully today. Off the ball he’s actually very good. He hustles, he harries and he’s even fouling at the correct times too. The problems come when he has the ball. He’s quite possibly the worst midfielder in possession that I’ve ever seen at Sheffield Wednesday. Even a two to five yard pass is too much for him and he either miss places it or leaves it short of the player. He should probably start every game from now till the end of the season as at least he cares and fights.

I wouldn’t offer a new contract but as part of Moore’s(if he’s not fired) 4-2-3-1 formation next year in League 1, he might actually be ok.

Just for balance, if you look at passing accuracy over course of season Joey is our highest rated midfielder. Yesterday he again averaged more than 80% pass completion.

They may not be key passes, but he is better than any of our midfielders at getting the ball to another, more talented Wednesday player. He also very rarely plays a 40yrd pass into touch miles away from any possible player, take a bow captain combover! That one was superb.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If we are in League One next season. Pelupessy would be the first player I offer a contract to.

Im so upset that Shaw is leaving as I’m positive a midfield three of Joey, Shaw and FDB would have offered us more energy, combativeness and endeavour than we’ve seen for years. Allowing the wingbacks/forwards freedom to attack whilst controlling midfield. 

Instead I’m petrified we’ll have Bannan being light weight and stick hearing how he’s better surrounded by better players in a league one team strapped for cash because we’re paying ‘stars’ like him 3-4 times the average wage.

12 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

i thought he had a decent game especially in the first half, however compare him to any of the Norwich midfielders.  They all had more awareness, were more creative and got into both boxes more often. That’s part of our problem, we’ve not got a modern day midfielder, many of whom will have a bit of everything about them. Joeys work rate and tackling can often be Championship standard, but his creative side, his goals and assists column, his influence in the match and reading of the game are all L2.  I’m sure few would argue that he’s a level behind Semedo and he struggled at this level.  You can make similar arguments for all our midfielders, Hutch (who for me should be played CH as today or left out of the team) is influential and reads the game well and often his tackling is Championship class, but he doesn’t have the engine and creates very little. Bannan creates, but his assist column has dropped off the scale (partly due to our overall lack of quality, he doesn’t score enough and his defensive side isn’t good enough. 
When you watched that 2nd half we were completely overrun in midfield and they were cutting through us. Our wider players didn’t help (think of how Wallace used to tuck in) and therein lies one of the many problems of this unbalanced side. 

Compare Barry big rounduns Bannan to any of the Norwich midfielders and they are lightyears ahead as well, thought Pelle was our best player today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

It is true regardless of useless stats. The amount of times he plays a hospital ball is shocking. My suggestion to you is instead of checking stats to support your sarcastic comments, you should actually try and watch a game. It’s very easy to have higher accuracy ratings when every pass is to someone two yards away. Just saying.

It is easily the poorest part of his game but he is getting better at it then he was. Bannan plays just as many poor short passes a game as Pelupessy does. Pelupessy's major issue is he never looks comfortable when given the ball under pressure. Which is why players don't tend to give him the ball as often as they should do in situations. But I would play him as off the ball he is our best player.