Doncaster view on Darren Moore leaving them

9 hours ago, T Hardy said:

“One of his mentors, Tony Pulis”

Presumably he’ll have spoken to him about it, can’t imagine glowing reviews from Pulis about us.. I hope Moore knows what he’s getting into and who he’s working for 

I think he's both aware and erudite in as much as the Owls and Donny could easily switch places this close season . But also knows that a longer term plan may well work out and if he can get the stone rolling it will be difficult to stop ! Especially if DC can be encouraged to take more of a back office roll. 

I can see why some outsiders might consider this move career suicide for Moore. We've seen these sorts of things before - like Coleman leaving the Wales job for Sunderland - and they rarely end well for the manager.

But if Moore manages to turn our fortunes around, his stock will be sky high. If that happens (please do!) we shouldn't be surprised when he leaves us for a Premier League job.

Boom or bust awaits for Moore I believe... knowing Wednesday, I fear the latter...

13 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

A manager who pours over minute details, who genuinely holds long term plans and looks deep into the future, has joined a club lacking anything resembling sustainability...hmmmmm

You see, this is what winds me up. A "professional" journalist who doesn't know the difference between pour and pore.

We've had the same happen with staff upping and leaving for bigger clubs, to name but a few:-

Harry Catterick -  manager to Everton, the season after we had been league runners up

Ron Atkinson - to Villa

Steve Cabbage Head  -  to Newcastle.

So get over it Doncaster, know how you feel but that's football. 

On 01/03/2021 at 11:58, T Hardy said:

“One of his mentors, Tony Pulis”

Presumably he’ll have spoken to him about it, can’t imagine glowing reviews from Pulis about us.. I hope Moore knows what he’s getting into and who he’s working for 

We didn't have players to accommodate the dinosaurs rigid tactics. Pulis probably just saw pound signs.

Moore on the other hand plays a style more suited to most of the players in our sqaud, so a far better fit for me.