your Team v Brentford

9 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just from reading comments from our recent games.

Hutchinson hasn't been brill in midfield, playing 2 forwards shows no respect to Brentford.

So we have to start Pelupessy, give him the chance to make up for the silly penalty.

If Thompson wants to keep his job, he starts 1 forward, pays the respect. Keeps us in the game and go for in the latter stages.

I understand what you are saying but don't agree. I think chances are we are going to lose anyway.

I don't want to show them any respect. I want to get in their faces, I want to put them on the back foot from the start.

We're in a situation where winning some and losing some are better than getting a draw.

Guest Jack the Hat
4 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek and knew it would bring you out...

I just think the miss got overlooked and there would have been a meltdown if Paterson or Windass missed it.

It was woeful.

If we are actually watching football instead of stats we can see how bad it is.

But you are like a site bot with your biased stats about Rhodes.

You cannot say games are won and lost based on stats of one player ( completely skewed by that hat trick).

I will give my opinion on players and matches based on watching their game and what they actually do.

Plenty of games he has looked lost, been weak and innefective. And we cannot just change our game to suit one player.

And he hasnt tried to change his game since he signed. 

I would start him tonight and see if his run of goals continues.

I can't imagine there would have been a meltdown if either of those strikers found space and put an effort on target which forced the keeper to save and concede a corner. It was a chance which was saved rather than a miss. Are you advocating our strikers don't put themselves in good positions in case they miss? If you are then you must love Kachunga.

10 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I can't imagine there would have been a meltdown if either of those strikers found space and put an effort on target which forced the keeper to save and concede a corner. It was a chance which was saved rather than a miss. Are you advocating our strikers don't put themselves in good positions in case they miss? If you are then you must love Kachunga.

A bit of a ridiculous leap there. Why the fizz would I advocate that?

And Kachunga has been underwhelming.

It just shows you how well we did last time under Monk against Brentford. OK we lost the game 2-1, but the only difference between the two teams that day was Ivan Toney, a player that I have followed for a few years, hoping that we would make an offer for him. 

The team that day was:-

Dawson, Harris, Odubajo, Flint, van Aken, Reach, Bannan, Hunt (Pelupessy 46), Windass (Dele-Bashiru 51), Marriott (Rhodes 72), Paterson

Surely we can get a team out there today with enough fight in their bellies to get a point out of the game tonight?

If Luongo is fit, I would give Hutchinson a rest from the start, his effectiveness has waned recently and he would benefit from the rest likewise with Palmer and Harris, but effectively there is not a lot to choose between a lot of our players and Thompson has been a good judge of who is playing best, but they need to be up for it tonight, as they had to be in the last two games, when unfortunately they have been lacklustre apart from the usual suspects like Westwood, Bannan, Reach and Lee, who have all grafted hard for the team all season with very few exceptions.

So for what it is worth my team would be similar to recent turnouts, but with fresh legs where available. 

Westwood

Odubajo if fit (or Palmer), Lees, Urhoghide, 

Green if fit (or Harris), Luongo if fit (or Hutchinson), Hunt or Bashiru, Bannan, Reach

Patterson, Rhodes

I imagine that Thompson will pick the most likely 11 to start with some good options on the bench. Hopefully they will not let us down tonight.

UTO!

Guest Jack the Hat
12 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

A bit of a ridiculous leap there. Why the fizz would I advocate that?

And Kachunga has been underwhelming.

Why criticise a striker for putting a genuine chance on target? No way was it a sitter. 

4 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek and knew it would bring you out...

I just think the miss got overlooked and there would have been a meltdown if Paterson or Windass missed it.

It was woeful.

If we are actually watching football instead of stats we can see how bad it is.

But you are like a site bot with your biased stats about Rhodes.

You cannot say games are won and lost based on stats of one player ( completely skewed by that hat trick).

I will give my opinion on players and matches based on watching their game and what they actually do.

Plenty of games he has looked lost, been weak and innefective. And we cannot just change our game to suit one player.

And he hasnt tried to change his game since he signed. 

I would start him tonight and see if his run of goals continues.

Rhodes is nowhere near as good as he was at his peak, we all know that but he comes on and makes more opportunities in ten minutes than whoever we play before him, because he is an actual striker, not a pretend striker which are our only other options up front. Windass, Kachunga Paterson Marriott and Green will never come close to achieving the things that Rhodes does, never mind what he has done in the past, but really they should be hoping to learn as much as they can from him because he knows so much about the first of the three things that really matter in this game - putting the ball in their net (the 2nd is keeping the ball out of your own net and the third is the football that makes the first happen and prevents the second).

I'd go........................,,,,,Westwood

................Hutchinson.......Lees.......Palmer

Harris....Kachunga........Paterson.......Bannon........Reach

......................Windass..................Rhodes

Not entirely sure who's fit and who isn't, so I've gone for the ones I'll pretty sure of.

Was tempted to put Brennan in instead of Kachunga and move Hutchinson and Paterson one step forward, going 3-4-3.....whatever we do I hope Thompson drops Dunkley, because in the last two games he's been shocking and made the defence nervy.