Ryan Lowe?

Got a mate whos a Plymouth fan, reckons it's just a matter of time before he gets the Owls job. Done well for them, but stuck in a bit of a backwater.

Works well with the players and builds a team who all work for each other. Keeps it simple for them.

Would be a smart move to get him.

1 minute ago, Glenn59 said:

he could, or he could turn out to be a total disaster. I think there would be a feeling in football clubs wouldn't touch him, might as well stick Joey Barton in there.

Lowe, if we could get him could potentially do what Wilder had done across town. We need that type of mindset now rather than thinking we are a big club that will attract a fancy name.

I mentioned Lowe as it is simply finding a manager with the right work ethic to do the job at that level and build from there

I hear you. Hopefully who ever comes in it will turn our club around. We need it. Was watching the Leicester and villa game. And if we got a manager like brendan Rodgers it would be great. Every team he has managed he has done well with. Even when he was at Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, Owl ball 1980 said:

I hear you. Hopefully who ever comes in it will turn our club around. We need it. Was watching the Leicester and villa game. And if we got a manager like brendan Rodgers it would be great. Every team he has managed he has done well with. Even when he was at Liverpool. 

yeah just watched it too, seems a billion miles away from us at the moment

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question (and yes it's regarding Chansiri because it's such an important aspect of the club and how it's running)

Does anyone think Ryan Lowe could make us a success with Chansiri and Paxo still here?

Knowing what we know

What do you think?

Can ANY manager work here?

Lamps, as they love a name.

Plus 3 for  price of 1.

And £150 million sponsorship arrives. Backdated.

5 minutes ago, Owl ball 1980 said:

Brendan Rodgers is a Childhood Wednesday fan as well.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Ryan Lowe has done well at a couple of clubs and deserves a step up somewhere.

He will need off field things to be a lot more settled then they are here to have a good chance of success.

I have a feeling no one would leave a job to come to Wednesday at moment. Would probably have to be someone already out of work.

The worrying thing is just who, please not the Cowley Cowboys. It needs the right mentality and work ethic for this job

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question (and yes it's regarding Chansiri because it's such an important aspect of the club and how it's running)

Does anyone think Ryan Lowe could make us a success with Chansiri and Paxo still here?

Knowing what we know

What do you think?

Can ANY manager work here?

Paxo seems to have some kind of  hold on DC. It seems the only explanation for ''season 2s random signings, bloating the squad with older players on big money that just didn't seem like they'd ever play together. It certainly doesn't feel like anyone had a plan when we brought in Winall and Rhodes and failed to address the physical weakness in the squad post Wembley. 

Is there some kind of contract that DC signed with Paxo? I can't think that DC would be confident in any future dealings!! It's all so mysterious and killing us fans not knowing what's going on

In short Probably No lol

7 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

The worrying thing is just who, please not the Cowley Cowboys. It needs the right mentality and work ethic for this job

I don't get the problem with Cowleys. I'd love a manager that has an impressive educational background and actually thinks long and hard about every decision.

For that reason they'd never entertain working for SWFC anyway.

Just now, briggowl said:

I don't get the problem with Cowleys. I'd love a manager that has an impressive educational background and actually thinks long and hard about every decision.

For that reason they'd never entertain working for SWFC anyway.

I just feel they are a bit of a one trick pony, went to Huddersfield thinking there was a pot of gold. I think they will be just lower league managers who will always stay at that level. Some managers thrive in leagues 1 and 2 but wouldn't do it higher up.

We need someone with potential to build a team to get out of league 1 and then steady it and build from there whenever we get back to the Champ

• Like 1

I think too many are looking at this the wrong way round.

We need someone with the experience and skills who can come in and get the most out of what we're left with.

Having a football philosophy isn't any help to us now... and we all know that we can only speak of the short term as things stand.

46 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

yeah just watched it too, seems a billion miles away from us at the moment

It will come back to us. Look at Manchester City a lock of years ago. We are good people and a great club, we are liked around the world from supporters of dif clubs 💪💪👍👍 bar sufc supporters 👀👀

26 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I’m beyond caring who the manager is, who’s in the squad, who makes the tea and how much programmes are - unless DC either does a 100% rethink on his running of the club or sells up everything else is irrelevant.

Sums it up for most I think

We all know that DC is not the sharpest tool in the box by a long chalk, but surely even he must, one day, realise that our current difficulty in attracting a decent manager lies fairly and squarely at his door  - and the way he runs the club ?