Ryan Lowe?

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we fail to pick up 4-6 points from the next 2 I agree we need to start planning for league one. I think we will struggle to attract any manager that thinks anything of themselves with Chansiri in charge. 

I can't see us getting anything at Brentford or Luton, and Rovrum will certainly be fired up, look at earlier in the season when a 3-0 defeat flattered us

37 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

I know he’s done reasonably well as a manager so far, but are we not assessing him through rose tinted spectacles just because he’s a former player ?

If he wasn’t a former player, would he have merited a mention  on this forum ?

regardless of whether he played for us he seems the best option out there, I'd take someone who played for the pigs if he was the best choice.

It's about finding a manager who can build a side to get out of League 1, doesn't matter who they played for, unless you can throw other realistic names into the chat?

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question (and yes it's regarding Chansiri because it's such an important aspect of the club and how it's running)

Does anyone think Ryan Lowe could make us a success with Chansiri and Paxo still here?

Knowing what we know

What do you think?

Can ANY manager work here?

It’s possible of course, but would be in spite of the set up we have rather than because of it.

Overcoming the challenges of managing SWFC would be hard enough in itself and that’s before you even try winning games or playing entertaining football. 

Before yesterday I thought we had a chance of staying up although it would be close, maybe one point in it or even goal difference.

After defeat to Birmingham I can only see relegation looming now and starting in league one ( possibly with another point deduction due to financial "irregularities" ).

We will be shopping in the bargain basement for some time. We need someone who knows the lower leagues inside out and has many contacts there.

Dare I suggest someone like Keith Hill, formerly Rochdale, Bolton Wanders  and now Tranmere manager who over his career has a near 40% win ratio.

Not the most inspiring but a good solid manager. But again I stress  who in their right minds would want to be Wednesday manager with Chansiri's interference and ineptitude.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question (and yes it's regarding Chansiri because it's such an important aspect of the club and how it's running)

Does anyone think Ryan Lowe could make us a success with Chansiri and Paxo still here?

Knowing what we know

What do you think?

No, until Chansiri goes we'll just stagger from one failure to the next.

Why would he come here? 

I keep seeing Plymouth pop up as being one of the better run up and coming clubs in the football league. He’s got a striker on his hands that apparently they want millions for, and presumably he’ll actually get a chunk of that to spend. 

I mean talk about a contrast to here..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we fail to pick up 4-6 points from the next 2 I agree we need to start planning for league one. I think we will struggle to attract any manager that thinks anything of themselves with Chansiri in charge. 

Cant see us getting a point from next 2 tbh..

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Why would he come here? 

I keep seeing Plymouth pop up as being one of the better run up and coming clubs in the football league. He’s got a striker on his hands that apparently they want millions for, and presumably he’ll actually get a chunk of that to spend. 

I mean talk about a contrast to here..

I reckon he’d swap being at Plymouth, simply because we’re perceived as a much bigger club Would imagine he’d want to test himself at a bigger club

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Knowing what we know

What do you think?

Nail on head.

No manager will ever be successful with the current set up above them at the club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I reckon he’d swap being at Plymouth, simply because we’re perceived as a much bigger club Would imagine he’d want to test himself at a bigger club

What are the current benefits of that perceived size at this point? A massive ground that doesn’t have any fans in it anyway? The potential to get a load of flak and/or sacked if we get stuck there like Sunderland are (or worse)? 

Lowe was involved at Bury. He’s probably looking at us and thinking he doesn’t fancy that again. 

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

What are the current benefits of that perceived size at this point? A massive ground that doesn’t have any fans in it anyway? The potential to get a load of flak and/or sacked if we get stuck there like Sunderland are (or worse)? 

Lowe was involved at Bury. He’s probably looking at us and thinking he doesn’t fancy that again. 

Cant argue with any of that Those will be considerations, but I still reckon he’d fancy the challenge. Don’t think we’d end up like Bury

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Cant argue with any of that Those will be considerations, but I still reckon he’d fancy the challenge. Don’t think we’d end up like Bury

You’ve more faith in the current set up than I have. I don’t know how far “bottoming out” goes this time for us but I’m personally not ruling out losing the club. 

“Fancy the challenge” is one way of putting it. As I say, Plymouth are a club going in the right direction, and probably feel like they have a blueprint in what Brighton and Bournemouth have done. Our current trajectory looks more like Bolton and Portsmouth. I think the days of young managers feeling the need to prove anything at a perceived “bigger” club are gone. Ryan Lowe doesn’t need Sheffield Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Glenn59 said:

regardless of whether he played for us he seems the best option out there, I'd take someone who played for the pigs if he was the best choice.

It's about finding a manager who can build a side to get out of League 1, doesn't matter who they played for, unless you can throw other realistic names into the chat?

I understand what your saying. We are not down yet though. But there has been a lot managers linked since pulis was given the boot. All good but 1 stands out for me is Roy keane. Only managed 2 clubs and didnt do too bad with them and was assistant and pundit at min. He has seen and played through alot of football in his  career and is still young  id say he has learnt a lot and it would be good to turn our club around. 

Just now, Owl ball 1980 said:

I understand what your saying. We are not down yet though. But there has been a lot managers linked since pulis was given the boot. All good but 1 stands out for me is Roy keane. Only managed 2 clubs and didnt do too bad with them and was assistant and pundit at min. He has seen and played through alot of football in his  career and is still young  id say he has learnt a lot and it would be good to turn our club around. 

he could, or he could turn out to be a total disaster. I think there would be a feeling in football clubs wouldn't touch him, might as well stick Joey Barton in there.

Lowe, if we could get him could potentially do what Wilder had done across town. We need that type of mindset now rather than thinking we are a big club that will attract a fancy name.

I mentioned Lowe as it is simply finding a manager with the right work ethic to do the job at that level and build from there

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Knowing what we know

What do you think?

If, if we are relegated not many Managers of renown would be willing to take the job, so that leaves us with Managers that are currently doing good work in league one promoted sides would probably keep their Manager, so Ryan may be available,  and knowing the division along with knowing players at this level, and cheap, cheaper than what we have at mo, which would please Chansiri, it could come to fruition.