Seasons not over....

4 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I think it is probable doom, if we stay up we'll probably have a squad well equipped to go down next season given the number of players out of contract coupled with our record of recruitment. Just prolongs the agony IMO unless something changes like the owner.

Can’t disagree at all with that. But have to take thing one season at a time.

We've done well to have taken this far and to potentially take it down to the wire. But the truth is if we go down, it's because of DC and his buddies. Thompson's done well to give us an outside chance of staying up, hats off to Thompson, the rest of the coaching staff and players for giving it a go. If we stay up it will be because of their fight and effort. But ultimately, to be honest I can't see us staying up and even if we do, the future doesn't look bright with DC here and it will probably be end up in relegation eventually the way things are going ever since the failed play off campaigns. Short-termist thinking and shambolic running of the club will be our downfall, as long as DC's still here. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bark1062 said:

We need to average 3 points from every 2 games, would take us above 50 points.which should be enough.

Beat Brum Saturday and we’re still on track.

In other words a 50% win rate which I just can't see.

If we stay up we'll just struggle next season too. 

There is no plan in place and hardly any players left this summer. It'll be another patch up job on the cheap and tread water. 

What else do people see? Us building an attractive side with players full of potential? It'll be a turgid manager on no money, battling against the owner. 

On 16/02/2021 at 21:15, RhodesToNowhere said:

But I can’t help shaking off the feeling we are destined for league one. 

Is anyone actually positive we can stay up after tonight? We have a torrid set of games coming up apart from Birmingham and Luton, but even then, our inconsistency is dragging us into the league below. 

Nope, been as good as certain for weeks

No chance we will stay up, we are one of the 3 worst teams in the league

Would say our chances of staying up this season are evens.

I worry slightly with two games a week with a small squad we will run out of steam.

Also seems to be a feature of modern football of players who know they wont be at a club the next season taking there foot off the gas a bit.

Predict if we are in the Championship or League 1 next season that we will be in a relegation battle.

4 hours ago, Bulldog said:

In other words a 50% win rate which I just can't see.

7 wins and a couple of draws from the last 17 games would be enough.

If we don't beat brum (draw would be no good) than we would need to win half our remaining games.(16) to be more or less certain of staying up.

Up to now we are less than 33% win rate.

Assuming others above don't go into massive freefall.

Coventry and Hudds could yet be the saviours as I don't think we can up our win rate to 50%...35% to 40% maybe.

19 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

7 wins and a couple of draws from the last 17 games would be enough.

If we don't beat brum (draw would be no good) than we would need to win half our remaining games.(16) to be more or less certain of staying up.

Up to now we are less than 33% win rate.

Assuming others above don't go into massive freefall.

Coventry and Hudds could yet be the saviours as I don't think we can up our win rate to 50%...35% to 40% maybe.

I agree, I was questioning the original post of "3 points from 2 game" which is a 50% win rate........which I doubt we'll achieve.

23 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

We have been hopeless in the main this season but surprisingly we are not one of the worst 3 sides.

Without a points deduction we would be in lower mid table. 

Without the 6 we got back we would be second bottom.

This doesn't automatically mean we are one of the worst 3 teams..but having watched us and others  I have only seen Wycombe to be worse

Just my opinion