Seasons not over....

3 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Even if we survive can you imagine what next season would be like, I don’t think we’d get 40pts never mind 50

This! We'll only have 8 players lining up for the first game.

I think we can survive, a couple of wins on the spin and things will look much different, but next season is giving me the chills already.

In fairness, anything from this game or Swansea was always going to be a bonus.

We're back to where we were when Chansiri came in, in that we have little threat up front.

Grey got us to mid-table because of his management skills, but in terms of playing staff we're in a similar place to then.

We finished seven points above the drop zone last season, so subtract six points and we're on the brink.

That's where we are, unfortunately.

It's what happens when you blow your allowance on a squad of 34 players, chosen by an adviser, and don't get over the line.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

I agree, the problem for me is I watch the game and can't help but think we're doomed given the lack of creativity. It's painful to watch. There is nothing to get excited about in 90 minutes of football. 

Yes we are not a very good side.

I worry that we dont really have a good squad and wouldn't be surprised if we start to fade in games from now until end of the season especially with 2 games a week. This has happened in 2 out of last 3 games.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I worry that we dont really have a good squad and wouldn't be surprised if we start to fade in games from now until end of the season especially with 2 games a week. This has happened in 2 out of last 3 games.

You master of the understatement, you.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

And the fact as we get nearer certain players will know they don't have a future with us so don't have the same motivation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alb1owl said:

This! We'll only have 8 players lining up for the first game.

I think we can survive, a couple of wins on the spin and things will look much different, but next season is giving me the chills already.

The thing is, will we be able to spend again?

Mind you, if Paxo's still choosing the players it gives me the chills even if we can.

And imagine him choosing players to play in the Third if we go down...

8 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

I agree, the problem for me is I watch the game and can't help but think we're doomed given the lack of creativity. It's painful to watch. There is nothing to get excited about in 90 minutes of football. 

This is my thoughts.

We just seem to lack any attacking threat in most games. But here comes the inconsistency, because in some games we do take the game to the opposites and have a go. 

I don’t think Rhodes and Pato work together, both are target men. I think we need someone else at the side of either of them. But I’m concerned. 

7 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

The last 3 games will determine our fate:

Derby

Forest 

Middlesborough

If we need anything in those games then you can forget it, players will already be in talks with their new teams and like Fletcher wont want to get injured. 

And believe it or not I wouldn't put it passed a player to feign an injury.

9 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is, will we be able to spend again?

Mind you, if Paxo's still choosing the players it gives me the chills even if we can.

And imagine him choosing players to play in the Third if we go down...

Stop it now! You’re making me hide behind the sofa!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Could go either way.

There are other clubs with problems.

Wycombe are gone. 

Then it's two from...

Us

Brum

Cov

Hudds

Rovrum

Put another way, we have about a 2 in 5 chance of going down, or a greater than 50% chance of staying up. Except that this probably significantly overstates our probability of going down, because Brum is probable to go down, and we have done better than any of the competition over the full season and in recent form. And QPR also remains a candidate. In fact, throw in Derby, QPR, and Forest as collectively one candidate for relegation, so refuse our relegation odds to no more than 1 in 3.

Not ideal, but nothing like certain, or even probable doom.

15 hours ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Put another way, we have about a 2 in 5 chance of going down, or a greater than 50% chance of staying up. Except that this probably significantly overstates our probability of going down, because Brum is probable to go down, and we have done better than any of the competition over the full season and in recent form. And QPR also remains a candidate. In fact, throw in Derby, QPR, and Forest as collectively one candidate for relegation, so refuse our relegation odds to no more than 1 in 3.

Not ideal, but nothing like certain, or even probable doom.

I think it is probable doom, if we stay up we'll probably have a squad well equipped to go down next season given the number of players out of contract coupled with our record of recruitment. Just prolongs the agony IMO unless something changes like the owner.

• Like 1