Sheffield Wednesday Priced out for striker Sam Cosgrove

Guest wilyfox
16 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

According to Transfer Market Sam Cosgrove is valued at 900K, but of course Aberdeen say they turned down a bid of 2.7 million.

Interestingly Stevie May has a better goal scoring and assist record  than Cosgrove this season playing for an inferior team.

Not too fussed if we don't sign him this window TBH.

I don’t get the Stevie May comparison at all. One is a strapping 6’2” target man. The other is small, weak, and slow.

On 26/01/2021 at 11:33, glynnb said:

Sam is from Knutsford in Cheshire, played in the same jnr side as my lad, got picked up by Everton, did numerous (unsuccesful) loans around the NPL then impressed enough to be taken on by Aberdeen. Hes a smashing lad, very strong physical player but whether he is ready to be the main striker at Wednesday I'm not sure. UTO

Yes but was ever with in the city limit's?.

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The only comparison is that they are crap

I think Cosgrove has the attributes for championship football, but we don’t have the cash so it’s irrelevant.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Looks a bit basic to me, but I can’t say I’ve seen an awful lot of the guy

the championship is basic, for the most part. I know people long for incisive football with pace, but that’s more premier league. The champ is still about being competitive in the middle third and effective in both boxes. It’s nothing special. Just a long hard slog.

27 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

According to Transfer Market Sam Cosgrove is valued at 900K, but of course Aberdeen say they turned down a bid of 2.7 million.

Interestingly Stevie May has a better goal scoring and assist record  than Cosgrove this season playing for an inferior team.

Transfermarkt have about as much say in transfer values as anyone on here does.

The bloke who runs it did an interview before xmas saying it's just a load of part timers making up the prices and he can't believe that clubs use it as gospel.

Cosgrove has a very good goal scoring record for a youngster.

I know its Scottish football, but if you have somebody scoring that amount of goals regularly, is his asking price really that laughable? Plus, he still has 18mths left on his contract, so they don't really need to give him away.

I hope we go back in for him tbh, Stoke and also Newcastle have been looking at him apparently.

43 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Whats he like at eating kiwi fruit?

15 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Cosgrove has a very good goal scoring record for a youngster.

I know its Scottish football, but if you have somebody scoring that amount of goals regularly, is his asking price really that laughable? Plus, he still has 18mths left on his contract, so they don't really need to give him away.

I hope we go back in for him tbh, Stoke and also Newcastle have been looking at him apparently.

Hey Tbag. My man. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I don’t get the Stevie May comparison at all. One is a strapping 6’2” target man. The other is small, weak, and slow.

On that basis get Nuhiu back!

The point I was really making is that Stevie May is still banging them in in the SPL and that tells you all you need to know about the overall standard of that league.

46 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

On that basis get Nuhiu back!

The point I was really making is that Stevie May is still banging them in in the SPL and that tells you all you need to know about the overall standard of that league.

18 league goals in 4 full seasons is hardly “banging them in”.

On 27/01/2021 at 20:13, Beauchief Owl said:

Yet he's scored more than Cosgrove this season, the point I made originally.

That’s the same logic that saw us sign May and Rhodes in the first place. For what it’s worth, I don’t particularly rate Cosgrove anyway, but it’s about the other things a player like him, brings to the team 

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

That’s the same logic that saw us sign May and Rhodes in the first place. For what it’s worth, I don’t particularly rate Cosgrove anyway, but it’s about the other things a player like him, brings to the team 

Well if we don't get a CF that scores goals, we're done for anyway IMO, as nobody else can be classed a a reliable goal scorer.

57 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Joined Birmingham for £2m.

It makes you wonder whether there was any truth to this story, as there's no way we were going to be competing with that kind of fee, was there?

No. But if that's the going rate for a bang average striker, then I'm glad we're not competing.