Sheffield Wednesday Response to the Supporters' Trust Open Letter

Guest Grandad

1. Please ask that minutes are kept and responsibilities allocated for all actios agreed.

2. Please insist that other attendees don't answer questions raised from the floor (a CONSTANT problem)

3. Don't insist at the start of the meeting that info is treated confidentially. If its confidential - don't share it

4. Don't insist everything you'd rather not discuss is confidential

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not sure you're aware of the whole picture by the looks of it

This isn't anything 'new' at all that the club are offering

Not new at all

There's nothing positive in it whatsoever until we see something positive actually done by the club off the back of it

Relax.... let it play out... but promise that if nothing comes of it you wont' be as excited as you are this time around

How many steering group meetings were there?

How many actions arose as a result?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not sure you're aware of the whole picture by the looks of it

This isn't anything 'new' at all that the club are offering

Not new at all

There's nothing positive in it whatsoever until we see something positive actually done by the club off the back of it

Relax.... let it play out... but promise that if nothing comes of it you wont' be as excited as you are this time around

Yes aware ; Keep shouting crap that's what you will get, beware what you wish for the grass on the other side of the hill could be worse.

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

Yes aware ; Keep shouting crap that's what you will get, beware what you wish for the grass on the other side of the hill could be worse.

I see these "beware what you wish for" posts a lot

Tell me. What could be worse? We are on the edge of relegation to the 3rd division (again). The club has lost its stadium, is playing for snookers with FFP meaning we can't bring in players to get us out of the mess, we have 15 of our first team squad out of contract and free to leave without a fee in the summer, we have no manager, no genuine sponsors injecting cash, we are struggling to pay our players, we are struggling to refund our fans, those fans and many more are completely disengaged.

Its hard to see how Neil Warnock could take over and make things worse.

So tell me. What could be worse?

Edited by Grandad

Just now, Grandad said:

Tell me. What could be worse? We are on the edge of relegation to the 3rd division (again). The club has lost its stadium, is laying for snookers with FFP meaning we can't bring in players to get s out of the mess, we have 15 of our first team squad out of contract and free to leave without a fee in the summer, we have no manager, no genuine sponsors injecting cash, we are struggling to pay our players, we are struggling to refund our fans, those fans and many more are completely disengaged.

Careful what you wish for

The grass might not be greener on the other side from all that and our impending relegation and exctinction

Keep doffing ya cap to those with a bit more money than you even if they call you a bad customer

Careful.. careful what you wish for

etc

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Tell me. What could be worse? We are on the edge of relegation to the 3rd division (again). The club has lost its stadium, is playing for snookers with FFP meaning we can't bring in players to get us out of the mess, we have 15 of our first team squad out of contract and free to leave without a fee in the summer, we have no manager, no genuine sponsors injecting cash, we are struggling to pay our players, we are struggling to refund our fans, those fans and many more are completely disengaged.

Imagine with all that's happened recently, with the current plight of the club, with the current situation, with no manager, with no new signings of any note, with no accounts published, in the bottom three, staring relegation in the face

Imagine all of that and then ranting at our fans to stop worrying about it because the club (not even sure the chairman is aware of this) has said they'll put in place something that has been proven never to achieve anything, that they themselves ripped up and stopped.

Imagine that

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Tell me. What could be worse? We are on the edge of relegation to the 3rd division (again). The club has lost its stadium, is laying for snookers with FFP meaning we can't bring in players to get s out of the mess, we have 15 of our first team squad out of contract and free to leave without a fee in the summer, we have no manager, no genuine sponsors injecting cash, we are struggling to pay our players, we are struggling to refund our fans, those fans and many more are completely disengaged.

The club still exist bills are paid if you cannot respect that you really need to go back to basics.

Big mistakes have been made but I assure you people would push back against your solutions as much as the existing situations (yes I read your posts, some are good other are well lets say interesting). every one supports when things are going well (Yep you) anyone can criticise when things get messed up, hind sight as they say is the perfect science.  

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine with all that's happened recently, with the current plight of the club, with the current situation, with no manager, with no new signings of any note, with no accounts published, in the bottom three, staring relegation in the face

Imagine all of that and then ranting at our fans to stop worrying about it because the club (not even sure the chairman is aware of this) has said they'll put in place something that has been proven never to achieve anything, that they themselves ripped up and stopped.

Imagine that

I bet the club can't believe their luck with how bloody gullible our fans are.

Fans angry with all that stuff.

Put in place a new steering group - with different people 

FANS REJOICE AND TELL OTHER FANS TO BE CAREFUL WHAT THEY WISH FOR

I genuinely can't think this would happen at any other club. Some of our fans are complete d**ks

Just now, Bucksowl said:

The club still exist bills are paid if you cannot respect that you really need to go back to basics.

Big mistakes have been made but I assure you people would push back against your solutions as much as the existing situations (yes I read your posts, some are good other are well lets say interesting). every one supports when things are going well (Yep you) anyone can criticise when things get messed up, hind sight as they say is the perfect science.  

What a load of utter waffle

Four lines of a paragraph of nowt but hot air and nothing of substance

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Bucksowl said:

Hindsight??

If you read my posts you'll have seen Ive been predicting this absolute mess for 4 years.

(I wasn't referring to you as being a d**k btw - it was a general post)

18 minutes ago, Grandad said:

That's another nine-figure sponsorship deal we can kiss goodbye to, then.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Hindsight??

If you read my posts you'll have seen Ive been predicting this absolute mess for 4 years.

(I wasn't referring to you as being a d**k btw - it was a general post)

Did not think you were. Yes I have read most of your post agree with lots you say but not all. You have good points but in the end we have to engage with then owner and the club (not the same thing at the moment) and nudge (not push ) them in the correct direction. Engagement is the answer not confrontation all I see is you are wrong we are correct it don't work never has never will.

• Like 1