Sheffield Wednesday Response to the Supporters' Trust Open Letter

1 minute ago, Bucksowl said:

The club need to be open, but you cannot have a pre assumed outcome, most on here seem to know the out come they want, this is not a alitame negotiation stance, all out comes are compromises    

I don’t think you understand “engagement”. 

The club “wants” fans to be engaged. The fans tell the club they aren’t engaged and the reasons why. The club then say we disagree. 

DC/the club are entitled to say whatever they want but the fans won’t be engaged. Unless you're willing to accept change then it’s a pointless exercise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Exactly. I honestly don't understand supporter's clubs, I don't get what their aim is. Chansiri owns the club,  whether you like it or not for the time being it's an irreversible fact that he can do what he likes - as he has proven over the years. I understand we have passionate fans who believe they know best for the club, but why waste time demanding meetings and being kept up to speed on things they have absolutely no control over. I think many in the supporter group arena have a rather grandiose opinion of themselves 

No they don't mate - they just care and want to try and help

Let's hope SOMETHING comes of it this time but after 36761947919 times of trying and the club not giving a flying fooooook I'm not holding my breath

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Exactly. I honestly don't understand supporter's clubs, I don't get what their aim is. Chansiri owns the club,  whether you like it or not for the time being it's an irreversible fact that he can do what he likes - as he has proven over the years. I understand we have passionate fans who believe they know best for the club, but why waste time demanding meetings and being kept up to speed on things they have absolutely no control over. I think many in the supporter group arena have a rather grandiose opinion of themselves 

Having no communication means having poor relationship.  If it's taken as a fresh start sure there can be positives from this, if it's just wanting to blame and finger point then doomed to failure.

I think a meeting is needed to decide who should be at the regular meetings. The committee of the first meeting should then decide the committee for the ongoing regular meetings, but perhaps not have them too regular. Maybe once every five years. This will give us time to consider new signings.

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No they don't mate - they just care and want to try and help

Let's hope SOMETHING comes of it this time but after 36761947919 times of trying and the club not giving a flying fooooook I'm not holding my breath

Fair play to them, they've got more patience and willing than I have!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

"He's promised not to do it again. Stop picking on him. You know it's your fault don't you?"

image.png.0bdd8783e6a6accfb35bbd0718c64e1e.png

It's classic Stockholm Syndrome. Even DC himself said people should feel sorry for him - I think he was referring to the amount of money he'd "lost". Perhaps if he had more sense, less ego, larger ears and a less operative mouth, then he may not have lost so much and made so many naïve and foolish mistakes.

Post not poster, but seriously @Bucksowl, wake up and smell the coffee will you.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm genuinely shocked how people are getting excited or calling it new

it's not

It's just putting back in place the stuff that Chansiri tore up and threw in the bn

A step in the right direction from where we are.

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

A step in the right direction from where we are.

A step in the right direction would be a new manager, new players being brought in, the accounts should be released, our fans getting their refunds that are STILL outstanding etc etc

None of those need a meeting with fans

By rights our fans should snub this meeting and call instead for action from the chairman and then and only then will fans be prepared to meet with the chairman.

But as fans we won't do that

Instead there will be meetings and discussions and no actions

Then more than likely the transfer window will close, the new manager will then be announced, no mention of new players, the accounts will be released, and we'll be relegated.

Owlstalk Shop

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A step in the right direction would be a new manager, new players being brought in, the accounts should be released, our fans getting their refunds that are STILL outstanding etc etc

None of those need a meeting with fans

By rights our fans should snub this meeting and call instead for action from the chairman and then and only then will fans be prepared to meet with the chairman.

But as fans we won't do that

Instead there will be meetings and discussions and no actions

Then more than likely the transfer window will close, the new manager will then be announced, no mention of new players, the accounts will be released, and we'll be relegated.

I think your thoughts are clouded by optimism.

Even the longest journey starts with a single step.

You are welcome Grasshopper.

49 minutes ago, heppers said:

I think your thoughts are clouded by optimism.

Even the longest journey starts with a single step.

You are welcome Grasshopper.

I bet there would be more action/response from the chairman if the fans publically snubbed his offer to meet and said no to that and instead asked for:

Refunds
New manager
Accounts published

New players

A plan for the future

If all fans stuck together, snubbed the meeting and instead published an open letter from the fans via the press/media there would be results

Instead fans will go on this zoom call, listen to a load of nonsense, and nothing will happen

#justsaying

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
On 22/01/2021 at 15:31, SWFC Trust said:

Hello all, 

As you may remember the SWFC Supporters' Trust wrote an open letter to Mr Chansiri in later December. The letter was signed by nearly 6,000 people. The letter is available via the link:

https://www.swfctrust.co.uk/news/open-letter

The club have emailed an official response, which you can read below:

"We thank you for sending the open letter and are pleased to confirm a revised strategy on supporter engagement as we navigate some of the most challenging times in the history of our club.

The last thing we want is for a single supporter to feel disengaged or disconnected, particularly during a crisis that continues to engulf our city, the country and indeed the world.

Every one of our loyal supporters can be assured that we are trying our level best to meet these challenges head on and we agree that a new engagement strategy is welcome for all parties moving forward.

To that end, we have devised a formula that we believe will provide a firm foundation for future  relations, incorporating full engagement across all age groups, backgrounds and recognised SWFC fan organisations.

In keeping with our open door policy, we will endeavour to answer all questions presented in a communal, structured meeting environment.

We look forward to introducing this strategy in due course and in the meantime, as always, we thank you all for your support and hope to welcome you back to Hillsborough as soon as it is safe to do so."

Count me in now.

Joining after excellent community initiative on stadium , as per Radio Sheffield last night.

Will also bankrupt Chansiri's Sheffield 3 company as that will reduce stadium book valuation back down to £22.5 million, from £60 million in this new company's assets.

A new owner - even Trust or fans maybe - may be able to acquire at fire sale value.

On 22/01/2021 at 16:44, Bucksowl said:

Can we get off of this crap and sort the fing club.

Yes we know there are issues but we have had positive news from the club re engagement lets get off of the backs of the power that be and engage these comments just do no good at all, fed up of reading them pissed off with all the negativity this is not opinion it is just regurgitated rubbish.

keep clapping.......

On 22/01/2021 at 17:04, Bucksowl said:

The club still exist bills are paid if you cannot respect that you really need to go back to basics.

Big mistakes have been made but I assure you people would push back against your solutions as much as the existing situations (yes I read your posts, some are good other are well lets say interesting). every one supports when things are going well (Yep you) anyone can criticise when things get messed up, hind sight as they say is the perfect science.  

breathtaking nievity & complacency......