Sheffield Wednesday Response to the Supporters' Trust Open Letter

Guest Grandad
Just now, Bucksowl said:

Did not think you were. Yes I have read most of your post agree with lots you say but not all. You have good points but in the end we have to engage with then owner and the club (not the same thing at the moment) and nudge (not push ) them in the correct direction. Engagement is the answer not confrontation all I see is you are wrong we are correct it don't work never has never will.

I agree with every word you say there.

Problem is they have proven that they have never once been influenced by anything at all thats happened in the steering groups or fans forums.

Why do you think this will change now?

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Amazing how Sheffielders doff their caps to folk with more money than them and offer them their 100% buy in and respect

Never understood that

You earn respect through your actions

Chansiri stopped the fans meetings and called fans bad customers

That says enough to me

Did you see the response by the questioners on those meeting he put up with most

Buckowl . The open letter from the trust asked some very reasonable ,open questions and , I thought , was well put together . The response from the club gave no answers to any of it . To suggest ' meaningful ' engagement is laudable , but there has been no previous evidence of ' meaningful ' engagement at all . To say posters are addressing all this with ' hindsight ' is just naive . This is all happening in the here and now and needs addressing urgently now .

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Bucksowl said:

Did you see the response by the questioners on those meeting he put up with most

Yes I did give people a gripe they gripe every 1 good response gets 10+ negative responses its easer to complain than praise , Look I am not happy with what I am seeing at the club just fed up with the continual negativity we are wishing ourselves into excitation and as they say be careful what you wish for.

Re personal comment you may not like it but in post of your post you are playing devils advocate are you not 🙂 

3 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Buckowl . The open letter from the trust asked some very reasonable ,open questions and , I thought , was well put together . The response from the club gave no answers to any of it . To suggest ' meaningful ' engagement is laudable , but there has been no previous evidence of ' meaningful ' engagement at all . To say posters are addressing all this with ' hindsight ' is just naive . This is all happening in the here and now and needs addressing urgently now .

The open letter was pointed and delivered an agenda, I am not saying I disagree but I do follow

Hello everyone,  I've been offline for a hour or two. Will read through later, and if reply specifically if needed to any of the points raised.

In outline though, the Trust's feelings about the statement and the following announcement about fan engagement are as follows:

1) this is positive news and...

2) as the response to our open letter shows we are happy to have played our part in bringing a new approach by the club to fan engagement.

3) the club need to make sure that the structure works, which is an area of concern. We will be putting forward positive suggestions to the club on how they can do that. 

4) we hope all groups will work together and present a unified group, so we can address core problems facing the club. It must be more than just a talking shop. 

5) having had success in one area of our strategy (fan engagement), we will re-double our efforts elsewhere. Look out next week for our latest report on ticketing strategy.

You might have heard us on Radio Sheffield's football heaven last night talking some of this through. We're also going to be on the 'Wednesday til I die' podcast next Monday talking in further detail.

Cheers, and UTO.

17 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I agree with every word you say there.

Problem is they have proven that they have never once been influenced by anything at all thats happened in the steering groups or fans forums.

Why do you think this will change now?

Open and constructive dialog, I have seen the dialog, little of the open sorry most people have agenda's

• Like 1

Blah blah blah. That response is nothing more than lip service that basically says very little from what I can see. Any engagement will be superficial and the bare minimum to shut some people up and tick a box. Meanwhile it's 7 months since the end of last season, 10 months since we've been able to use our season tickets and no refunds have happened. That's before this seasons tickets that were paid for before lockdown/on credit have been talked about. All while we are in a relegation battle with no manager and a squad that's about as balanced as a 3 legged stool in an earthquake. Forgive me if I don't get excited about a group of fans getting to say hello to DC and eating a few socially distanced bourbons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Blah blah blah. That response is nothing more than lip service that basically says very little from what I can see. Any engagement will be superficial and the bare minimum to shut some people up and tick a box. Meanwhile it's 7 months since the end of last season, 10 months since we've been able to use our season tickets and no refunds have happened. That's before this seasons tickets that were paid for before lockdown/on credit have been talked about. All while we are in a relegation battle with no manager and a squad that's about as balanced as a 3 legged stool in an earthquake. Forgive me if I don't get excited about a group of fans getting to say hello to DC and eating a few socially distanced bourbons. 

Sorry but this is part of the problem we all need to understand the situation the club has little or no income other than the owner place him between a rock and a hard plate guss which will break

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No we aren't

We're pointing  out that doffing caps to a chairman that acts like ours does doesn't help anything

Sorry but you're just WRONG on this one

Sorry yes you are, give anyone a place to run or get f***ed they run please understand that. ask the coal industry

2 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

Sorry but this is part of the problem we all need to understand the situation the club has little or no income other than the owner place him between a rock and a hard plate guss which will break 

No offence but get out of here with your fearmongering nonsense

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

He got us Into a massive mess financially, told us our gate receipts basically paid for nothing then blamed us for not paying up for stuff like club 1867 and 10 year season tickets. The club has little to no income because of covid etc, same as every other non prem club, but as he says, we pay for nothing. He chose to do away with traditional streams of income such as sponsorship and corporate so he could put his own money in. He could have done both. He could have had companies names plastered all over the place like every other club does and he could have added his name in other areas and injected cash. He wanted it all him though. Both the rock and the hard place are problems of his own making so don't guilt trip me about not doffing my cap to him. 

• Like 3