Sheffield Wednesday Response to the Supporters' Trust Open Letter

Guest Therealrealist
15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

YEY!!

We got a 'another stick to beat the club with' post!!!

lol

I'm nearly at a full house of cliches

Im waiting on 'hes just had bad advice'..and 'he just needs to get a CEO in to run the club' for a full house 💰💰

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

If the league's financial regulations allow for a maximum deficit of £39m over a rolling three year period and the previous financial year you lost £20m, then it's probably not a good idea to increase your spending by something like 80%, as we did. Nor would it be sensible to outlay circa £10m on a player in a position where you already have six experienced options, even as other areas of the squad are in much greater need of reinforcement. It would also be sensible to ensure that if you came up with a fiddle scheme to  circumvent operate within these rules that you make damned sure you do it promptly and correctly so as not to endanger the future chances of the club to exist at it's current standard. One also has to wonder about a chairman who complains about negative football before appointing one of the most well known exponents of it possible... and then getting rid of him a few weeks later, presumably at considerable expense.

Either no particular hindsight is necessary to discern the potential drawbacks of such actions or I'm far more perceptive than I realised.

Agenda again had we been promoted this would not be an issue. Do not remember you being a critic when we were in the play offs. Hind sight bear boy sorry or girl

• Haha 2

Guest Mcguigan
9 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Good points, thank you. It might be a bit of sloppy wording on my part to call it a new approach. I know that we've had the Steering Group, Fans Forums and other opportunities to meet the chairman in recent years.

Perhaps new opportunity would be a better way to describe it. It needs points three and four to succeed (structure and fans groups speaking with a unified voice). Get that right then of course it needs to club to fully engage with it as well. We are happy that the club intends to do so - but of course the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. 

I saw that fan engagement index. Hopefully, a successful process will help push SWFC up the table. 

Which is all a long way of me saying - it's a beginning. We will do our best to make it work.

It needs the owner to engage with it, not the club.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm genuinely shocked how people are getting excited or calling it new

it's not

It's just putting back in place the stuff that Chansiri tore up and threw in the bn

And he will be all ready to tear this.... Nothing... Up again. 

Thanks to the trust for posting on here too. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The statement from the club earlier in the week was quite interesting. They were looking to source as many groups as possible including the Owls Trust, Wise Old Owls, Disability Owls and all the various age groups Under 20's to over 80's et al. The invites will be to representatives of groups to meet and discuss. 

It is a tried and trusted tactic to bury business under a mountain of documentation and a cacophony of idle chatter the result of which = 0.

IMO Like !     

One of the reasons for our points about it needing a structure and for fans groups to speak with a united voice. I know that fans will disagree on certain things, but the more we can work together, the more chance of this succeeding.  We'll do our best to make it work.

Just now, SWFC Trust said:

One of the reasons for our points about it needing a structure and for fans groups to speak with a united voice. I know that fans will disagree on certain things, but the more we can work together, the more chance of this succeeding.  We'll do our best to make it work.

Then agree a process do not dictate one

42 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Good points, thank you. It might be a bit of sloppy wording on my part to call it a new approach. I know that we've had the Steering Group, Fans Forums and other opportunities to meet the chairman in recent years.

Perhaps new opportunity would be a better way to describe it. It needs points three and four to succeed (structure and fans groups speaking with a unified voice). Get that right then of course it needs to club to fully engage with it as well. We are happy that the club intends to do so - but of course the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. 

I saw that fan engagement index. Hopefully, a successful process will help push SWFC up the table. 

Which is all a long way of me saying - it's a beginning. We will do our best to make it work.

Cheers for the reply.

As you say, points three and four of your earlier post are going to be key if this is going to be anything more than a re-run of previous forums / Steering Groups etc.

Hopefully the opportunity for fans groups to speak on behalf of their members and co-ordinate in advance with a clear, limited and focussed agenda might result in something a bit more productive than we've witnessed in the past. I'd be tempted to try to limit each meeting to just two or three key topics in order to avoid the free-for-all that the Steering Group Meetings appeared to be.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Cheers for the reply.

As you say, points three and four of your earlier post are going to be key if this is going to be anything more than a re-run of previous forums / Stereing Groups etc.

Hopefully the opportunity for fans groups to speak on behalf of their members and co-ordinate in advance with a clear, limited and focussed agenda might result in something a bit more productive than we've witnessed in the past. I'd be tempted to try to limit each meeting to just two or three key topics in order to avoid the free-for-all that the Steering Group Meetings appeared to be.

That's a great point, thank you. Will feed that back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm genuinely shocked how people are getting excited or calling it new

it's not

It's just putting back in place the stuff that Chansiri tore up and threw in the bn

Is owlstalk acknowledged as I've if the supporters groups or is it not a supporters group and just a message board? 

If the latter, then what does it take to become a group?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What do you care?

You've already made your mind up that we should be on our knees doffing our caps to the chairman

What planet are you on, or are you going tom delete this one sorry but conflict resolution was my role for 30+ years (I was a trouble shooter) I know how to get to a resolution you know how to stire enjoy your role.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

And good on you. The way to combat this tactic and I do believe it to be a tactic, maybe to call for a pre meeting caucus even if it means a  meeting open to all interested parties.    

• Like 1