Sheffield Wednesday Response to the Supporters' Trust Open Letter

7 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

sorry on line posts

Sorry if too blunt, was just trying to quickly answer the point. We're in contact with SWFC and some of the other fan organisations already. The aim is to produce a structure that will be effective. There's work to be done, but we're trying. We're certainly not trying to dictate anything, but there does need to be a solid process if this is going to be succcessful. 

3 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

What planet are you on, or are you going tom delete this one sorry but conflict resolution was my role for 30+ years (I was a trouble shooter) I know how to get to a resolution you know how to stire enjoy your role.

Sorry, but Neil knows all about conflict resolution and troubleshooting... Did you see how he dealt with Big Lisa and her potty mouth the other night?

Now that's leadership.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

What planet are you on, or are you going tom delete this one sorry but conflict resolution was my role for 30+ years (I was a trouble shooter) I know how to get to a resolution you know how to stire enjoy your role.

Well you're certainly doing a good job of resolving this conflict.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

And good on you. The way to combat this tactic and I do believe it to be a tactic, maybe to call for a pre meeting caucus even if it means a  meeting open to all interested parties.    

A

And good on you. The way to combat this tactic and I do believe it to be a tactic, maybe to call for a pre meeting caucus even if it means a  meeting open to all interested parties.    

A

And who drives the agenda, what the hell is wrong with a open agenda

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Good idea, thank you, I'll feed back 

1 minute ago, SWFC Trust said:

Sorry if too blunt, was just trying to quickly answer the point. We're in contact with SWFC and some of the other fan organisations already. The aim is to produce a structure that will be effective. There's work to be done, but we're trying. We're certainly not trying to dictate anything, but there does need to be a solid process if this is going to be succcessful. 

Totally agree sorry if I  offended

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Genuine question: when you say it's a 'new approach by the club to fan engagement', what exactly do you mean?

I appreciate that the club have billed this as 'new', but they themselves go on to explain that they've 'implemented numerous variants down the years', with the 'Steering Group' being the most recent version prior to this one. Beyond the fact that this new variant is going to mostly involve supporters' groups, in what way is it significantly different to what's gone before during Chansiri's time at the club?

Also, given that the Fan Engagement Index currently ranks Wednesday 88th out of the 92 league clubs for fan engagement, do you anticipate this 'new' approach making significant inroads in this area, and if so, could you explain why?

88th?! Wow.

3 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Sorry, but Neil knows all about conflict resolution and troubleshooting... Did you see how he dealt with Big Lisa and her potty mouth the other night?

Now that's leadership.

Yes sure she enjoyed lol,  I am sure he is good, but lets see some of the none addenda speak come through if not seek someone new (not me) 

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Are you really surprised, though?

No. But it’s damning. 

Getting DC to listen is near on impossible. I admire the trust for giving it a go, but the blokes not interested in engaging with fans. That’s the problem. He’s been here 6 years and he won’t change. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No. But it’s damning. 

Getting DC to listen is near on impossible. I admire the trust for giving it a go, but the blokes not interested in engaging with fans. That’s the problem. He’s been here 6 years and he won’t change. 

Indeed.

You know it's going well when Mike Ashley's Newcastle are leaving you in their dust when it comes to fan engagement.

2094247475_Screenshot2021-01-22at19_36_52.thumb.png.0767457d4c1f1bd1cf02e103b62186e8.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Indeed.

You know it's going well when Mike Ashley's Newcastle are leaving you in their dust when it comes to fan engagement.

2094247475_Screenshot2021-01-22at19_36_52.thumb.png.0767457d4c1f1bd1cf02e103b62186e8.png

Understand the question the the result ,what was the full question

You can’t have engagement unless the club starts to admit where it’s going wrong and not just dismiss every concern that is raised. 

Ticket prices are too high, you’re pricing out walk up fans. “It’s not my intention to price any fan out, if fans can’t afford it I’m not asking them to come”

Thats just one example but that’s not engagement. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, northeastowl said:

You can’t have engagement unless the club starts to admit where it’s going wrong and not just dismiss every concern that is raised. 

Ticket prices are too high, you’re pricing out walk up fans. “It’s not my intention to price any fan out, if fans can’t afford it I’m not asking them to come”

Thats just one example but that’s not engagement. 

Sorry just not true, incorrect starting point

• Haha 1

Just now, northeastowl said:

What’s not true?

Just now, northeastowl said:

What’s not true?

The club need to be open, but you cannot have a pre assumed outcome, most on here seem to know the out come they want, this is not a alitame negotiation stance, all out comes are compromises    

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm genuinely shocked how people are getting excited or calling it new

it's not

It's just putting back in place the stuff that Chansiri tore up and threw in the bn

Exactly. I honestly don't understand supporter's clubs, I don't get what their aim is. Chansiri owns the club,  whether you like it or not for the time being it's an irreversible fact that he can do what he likes - as he has proven over the years. I understand we have passionate fans who believe they know best for the club, but why waste time demanding meetings and being kept up to speed on things they have absolutely no control over. I think many in the supporter group arena have a rather grandiose opinion of themselves 

• Like 3