Sheffield Wednesday Response to the Supporters' Trust Open Letter

Hello all, 

As you may remember the SWFC Supporters' Trust wrote an open letter to Mr Chansiri in later December. The letter was signed by nearly 6,000 people. The letter is available via the link:

https://www.swfctrust.co.uk/news/open-letter

The club have emailed an official response, which you can read below:

"We thank you for sending the open letter and are pleased to confirm a revised strategy on supporter engagement as we navigate some of the most challenging times in the history of our club.

The last thing we want is for a single supporter to feel disengaged or disconnected, particularly during a crisis that continues to engulf our city, the country and indeed the world.

Every one of our loyal supporters can be assured that we are trying our level best to meet these challenges head on and we agree that a new engagement strategy is welcome for all parties moving forward.

To that end, we have devised a formula that we believe will provide a firm foundation for future  relations, incorporating full engagement across all age groups, backgrounds and recognised SWFC fan organisations.

In keeping with our open door policy, we will endeavour to answer all questions presented in a communal, structured meeting environment.

We look forward to introducing this strategy in due course and in the meantime, as always, we thank you all for your support and hope to welcome you back to Hillsborough as soon as it is safe to do so."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

REVISED STATEMENT

"We thank you for sending the open letter and are pleased to confirm a revised strategy on supporter  customer engagement as we navigate some of the most challenging times in the history of our club.

The last thing we want is for a single supporter customer to feel disengaged or disconnected, particularly during a crisis that continues to engulf our city, the country and indeed the world.

Every one of our loyal supporters customers can be assured that we are trying our level best to meet these challenges head on and we agree that a new engagement strategy is welcome for all parties moving forward.

To that end, we have devised a formula that we believe will provide a firm foundation for future  relations, incorporating full engagement across all age groups, backgrounds and recognised SWFC fan organisations.

In keeping with our open door policy, we will endeavour to answer all questions presented in a communal, structured meeting environment.

We look forward to introducing this strategy in due course and in the meantime, as always, we thank you all for your support revenue and hope to welcome you back to Hillsborough as soon as it is safe to do so."

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Unfortunately says nowt about owt - as usual .

I think you’ll find that’s called acknowledgment 

and what I took from that is they will be announcing how they are going to engage when they have formalised plans to do 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm genuinely shocked how people are getting excited or calling it new

it's not

It's just putting back in place the stuff that Chansiri tore up and threw in the bn

I know a few people that preferred the old shareholders meetings, but whatever they want to call these, and as I said previously, the government told EFL clubs that they had to meet with fans (not saying "engage" unless through taking the P) at least twice a year, yet as far as I can remember we had nothing at all last season. BTW the season was nearly over when Covid stopped it so we should have had at least one meeting by then. 

The club are only going to do what they were told to do before DC spat out his dummy! He thinks that he does not have to answer to anybody. I went to these fake mmetings when MM was still in charge but only attended the last one so that I could watch them squirm when I asked them a question that I knew they would not be prepared to answer. I got so sick of watching grown men fawning over highly paid mercenaries, with no affiliation with Wednesday other than their salaries, that I stopped going. I think DC then started smaller meetings with people who had been vetted by the club to keep the government happy, but did away with that altogether too so he hopefully the EFL have given him a warning, hopefully not in the shape of a season load of cr@p referees that can't wait to give our players cards, or the opposition penalties!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Scarlett said:

REVISED STATEMENT

"We thank you for sending the open letter and are pleased to confirm a revised strategy on supporter  customer engagement as we navigate some of the most challenging times in the history of our club.

The last thing we want is for a single supporter customer to feel disengaged or disconnected, particularly during a crisis that continues to engulf our city, the country and indeed the world.

Every one of our loyal supporters customers can be assured that we are trying our level best to meet these challenges head on and we agree that a new engagement strategy is welcome for all parties moving forward.

We look forward to introducing this strategy in due course and in the meantime, as always, we thank you all for your support revenue and hope to welcome you back to Hillsborough as soon as it is safe to do so."

Can we get off of this crap and sort the fing club.

Yes we know there are issues but we have had positive news from the club re engagement lets get off of the backs of the power that be and engage these comments just do no good at all, fed up of reading them pissed off with all the negativity this is not opinion it is just regurgitated rubbish.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bucksowl said:

Yes we know there are issues but we have had positive news from the club re engagement lets get off of the backs of the power that be and engage these comments just do no good at all, fed up of reading them pissed off with all the negativity this is not opinion it is just regurgitated rubbish.

sort should read support

19 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Sounds to me that Chansiri is willing to move closer to the Trusts requests will be interesting to see how things develop.  Been a critic of the Trust but that sounds more positive so I tip my hat to the trust

Is Chansiri even aware of this?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

I'm not sure you're aware of the whole picture by the looks of it

This isn't anything 'new' at all that the club are offering

Not new at all

There's nothing positive in it whatsoever until we see something positive actually done by the club off the back of it

Relax.... let it play out... but promise that if nothing comes of it you wont' be as excited as you are this time around

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop