A grim reality?

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have not seen any difference really from Pulis taking over.

Last 3 games under Monk 4 points with 1 goal conceded.

First 3 games under Pulis 2 points gained with 2 goals conceded.

If anything we have gone more negative.

Much too early to fully judge Pulis of course but disappointed we have had no new manager bounce like we usually have when changing managers. 

If sticking my neck out I thin we will grind out enough results under Pulis to stop up.

Windass sorted the new manager "bounce" better than Duffy (spit)

Ironic that most of you were saying let monk build his squad. Particularly Neil we have had many a debate on twitter about that very fact. 

The club let monk build his team and he has built without doubt the worst in the championship. 

Kachunga 

Brown 

Marriot 

Paterson 

Windass

Are all very poor players that either aren't fit, can't get fit or have no interest in being fit. 

With the exception of windass who runs alot but literally offers nothing else. 

Wednesday tend to fanny about in the transfer window and I fear the end of January will come too late for us. 

Down this season I'm afraid 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2020 at 07:57, Wor’Jackie said:

Here’s the thing.

Without the -6 points off, we’d be in 19th place on 14 points, only two ahead of the relegation zone.

With the squad as it is it’s probable that this will be our level for the next 18-24 months unless there is an incredible January transfer window that sees three top strikers (and reinforcements on the wings and in holding midfield as well?) brought in.

This job is going to require a lot of deep surgery, possibly even a whole new squad of players long term. 

Nobody wants it to be like that, but the grim reality is we look set to be a bottom 8 Championship side for the next two seasons. 😕

change my mind anyone?

This season yes.

Pulis will overhaul this squad over the next two windows and get better players in and we will win games. Might not be nice to watch but well not be bottom 8 next year if Pulis is still here and he can keep us up this year.

3 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Ironic that most of you were saying let monk build his squad. Particularly Neil we have had many a debate on twitter about that very fact. 

The club let monk build his team and he has built without doubt the worst in the championship. 

Kachunga 

Brown 

Marriot 

Paterson 

Windass

Are all very poor players that either aren't fit, can't get fit or have no interest in being fit. 

With the exception of windass who runs alot but literally offers nothing else. 

Wednesday tend to fanny about in the transfer window and I fear the end of January will come too late for us. 

Down this season I'm afraid 

Yes we do fanny about, and sadly I don’t see that changing. Relegation beckons

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that  Pulis  doesn't produce, fast " sexy " football.  And I hold my hands up, he was not my first choice.

However what he does bring with him is experience, no nonsense approach and a LOT of connections in football. I have no doubt

he has direct telephone numbers with a considerable number of people within the game, both playing and in a wider capacity.

I think of Tony Pulis as a building contractor, someone steeped in tradition and the old methods but methods that work over the long term.

He comes across a dilapidated building. He can either patch it and make mend and generally " paper over the cracks " or he can roll his sleeves up

and just tear the whole lot down including the foundations. Clear the site and start again from scratch. 

One thing you know he will get right is the foundations. Given time and resources ( money ) he will build a good structure that will stand for many years to come.

He has NEVER had a side relegated under him. But this without doubt is his toughest job todate.  Let him show what he can do and let him do it his way.

Foundations are never great architecture but they are absolutely essential to get right. I for one now hope he sticks around for the next two years at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

I think we can all agree that  Pulis  doesn't produce, fast " sexy " football.  And I hold my hands up, he was not my first choice.

However what he does bring with him is experience, no nonsense approach and a LOT of connections in football. I have no doubt

he has direct telephone numbers with a considerable number of people within the game, both playing and in a wider capacity.

I think of Tony Pulis as a building contractor, someone steeped in tradition and the old methods but methods that work over the long term.

He comes across a dilapidated building. He can either patch it and make mend and generally " paper over the cracks " or he can roll his sleeves up

and just tear the whole lot down including the foundations. Clear the site and start again from scratch. 

One thing you know he will get right is the foundations. Given time and resources ( money ) he will build a good structure that will stand for many years to come.

He has NEVER had a side relegated under him. But this without doubt is his toughest job todate.  Let him show what he can do and let him do it his way.

Foundations are never great architecture but they are absolutely essential to get right. I for one now hope he sticks around for the next two years at least.

You can of course look at that analogy a number of ways. His foundations are for a functional, basic 2 up and 2 down. If that's all you want fine. Try and take it onto the next architectural level and you have problems. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Are we destined to be forever a blot on the footballing landscape

Pulis has had three games. In one a sending off changed the game. In the other two we got points against teams that you would expect a team who relegation is beckoning for to have lost too. 

Let him get his feet under the table before we decide we are going down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Pulis has had three games. In one a sending off changed the game. In the other two we got points against teams that you would expect a team who relegation is beckoning for to have lost too. 

Let him get his feet under the table before we decide we are going down.

Don't be daft.  Everybody knows you can turn a team round given a fortnight. 

• Haha 1