A grim reality?

Here’s the thing.

Without the -6 points off, we’d be in 19th place on 14 points, only two ahead of the relegation zone.

With the squad as it is it’s probable that this will be our level for the next 18-24 months unless there is an incredible January transfer window that sees three top strikers (and reinforcements on the wings and in holding midfield as well?) brought in.

This job is going to require a lot of deep surgery, possibly even a whole new squad of players long term. 

Nobody wants it to be like that, but the grim reality is we look set to be a bottom 8 Championship side for the next two seasons. 😕

change my mind anyone?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Here’s the thing.

Without the -6 points off, we’d be in 19th place on 14 points, only two ahead of the relegation zone.

With the squad as it is it’s probable that this will be our level for the next 18-24 months unless there is an incredible January transfer window that sees three top strikers (and reinforcements on the wings and in holding midfield as well?) brought in.

This job is going to require a lot of deep surgery, possibly even a whole new squad of players long term. 

Nobody wants it to be like that, but the grim reality is we look set to be a bottom 8 Championship side for the next two seasons. 😕

change my mind anyone?

If we're in the Championship next season I'll be more than happy.

I don't think we can read a lot into what's happened thus far.

Pulis is simply trying not to lose against some very tough opposition, who, on paper, should beat us comfortably.

Easier games will come, and the addition of a pacey forward would make a big difference.

If we stay up this season then we'll be able to spend next, which is probably why Pulis was prepared to take this job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Django said:

Yep 

The good news is that I’m confident that Pulis will sort it out 

Definitely, he’s the only guy out there that’ll get anything outta this squad, need players back from t’treatment room & have a good January window....quietly confident🤞🏽

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Andysowls said:

Definitely, he’s the only guy out there that’ll get anything outta this squad, need players back from t’treatment room & have a good January window....quietly confident🤞🏽

Me too

As long as we keep in touching distance with Coventry, Rotherham, Wycombe etc until January then we’ll be ok for the 2nd half of the season 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m not convinced long term that the likes of Bannan and Reach will remain but while they are here TP will try to get as much out of them as possible as he will with all the players he has available.

At least when we now go out on to the pitch there is a structure in our play. We might not be scoring goals but we’re not shipping the either. I think Wednesday night will be a test against Reading but the likes of Lees, Borner and Luongo are doing a fine job defensively at the moment.

Hopefully we can have a decent December before TP really gets to work in the January window.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

I'm enjoying the games believe it or not. 

I can see progress. It might not be rip roaring goals galore, but there's a difference compared to Monk. 

You know, Monk talked about tenacious play but I never really felt it. 

But I do now. 

Sure is different

15 shots and 61 percent possession in monks last game in charge

5 shots and less than 40 percent possession yesterday.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Here’s the thing.

change my mind anyone?

If we hadn’t had Garry Monk in charge we wouldn’t have lost to Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe on the bounce, I’m sure of it

• Like 8

The only game that I’ve seen is the Swansea match and I have to say that I was really impressed. I couldn’t believe some of the stuff that we were stringing together in the first half.

We had to contend with the sending off in his first game and as for yesterday, even Kammy was impressed with our defensive organisation.

I’ve changed my mind completely about Pulis, I think that he’s got irons in the fire re: a few potential incoming players, he’ll certainly have more pulling power than Monk, and I reckon that he’ll keep us up.

Next season will be one of far more hope and expectation ... from me anyway !!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Here’s the thing.

change my mind anyone?

At best. League 1 is a stronger possibility.

Don’t think he will turn it around in the January window. But I think he will give us a good idea of the direction of travel. Don’t think he would have signed Marriott or kachunga and I think we will see better attacking options in the new year. Has to work with what he’s got until then. One things for sure he will have a plan. 

• Thanks 1

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

We have to give Pulis a few windows and hope he uses all his nous to keep us up this season.

Since Chansiri took us over we’ve had six managers. Two of the managers have destroyed our club with either unsustainable transfer policies or terrible signings. I have plenty of confidence in Pulis and his ability to turn the tanker around.

However we have to be patient and see what our squad look like come the 1st February. We are currently like Colonel Custer at the battle of the Little Bighorn. It’s time to circle the wagons and wait for reinforcements. If we try and attack I fear we will get slaughtered and every point is vital.

3 hours ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Here’s the thing.

change my mind anyone?

We have a load of players out of contract end of this season too. We could be rebuilding for years, especially with Coco manning the helm

3 hours ago, Django said:

Yep 

The good news is that I’m confident that Pulis will sort it out 

This ^

If Pulis' given time and he's able to do things his way and able to rebuild the squad, with more suitable players he needs. Then Pulis, is clearly a smart appointment, has he's an experienced canny manager, that could in time stabilise us and finish the job Bruce started.

Things have been poorly managed on and off the pitch at the club ever since Wembley. Bruce felt like a kickstart and Pulis has a similar feeling about it but it's going to take Pulis time. But like Bruce, I firmly believe in Pulis, we've now got the right man and something to believe in. 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Here’s the thing.

change my mind anyone?

I think the only thing that can save us from that particular scenario, is that “ incredible January window” to which you allude Other than that, it will continue to be, one step forwards, two steps backwards, with the inevitable consequences Have to say, given our recent transfer dealings, I can’t see that happening

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

If we're in the Championship next season I'll be more than happy.

I don't think we can read a lot into what's happened thus far.

Pulis is simply trying not to lose against some very tough opposition, who, on paper, should beat us comfortably.

Easier games will come, and the addition of a pacey forward would make a big difference.

If we stay up this season then we'll be able to spend next, which is probably why Pulis was prepared to take this job.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

However we ended up in this state, I don't know, it could only happen to Wednesday!

Patience is a virtue and we will all need plenty of that for some time, I'm afraid.

But we WILL improve..........

WAWAW

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hirstyslaces said:

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

However we ended up in this state, I don't know, it could only happen to Wednesday!

Patience is a virtue and we will all need plenty of that for some time, I'm afraid.

But we WILL improve..........

WAWAW

And bore the poo out of everybody in the process. All hail the Messiah.