Moses Odubajo

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

So a wing back playing against a team that for 60 minutes dominated us has only put in 4 tackles was he hiding behind the goal - I would to see his comparison with Palmer the other wing back playing on the left side.

Which team was that last night?.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Tackles:

Odubajo - 4 

Palmer - 0

Interceptions:

Odubajo - 2

Palmer - 1

Clearances:

Odubajo - 2

Palmer - 1

Passing Accuracy:

Odubajo - 75%

Palmer - 69.7%

I am sure I saw Palmer make a great tackle in the 1st half to stop a Swansea player getting a shot/cross in, and picking up a slight injury too?.

But, then to some posters, Palmer can do nowt right. Full stop.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I am sure I saw Palmer make a great tackle in the 1st half to stop a Swansea player getting a shot/cross in, and picking up a slight injury too?.

These figure don't come from 'some posters', though - they come from whoscored.com:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1487474/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2020-2021-Swansea-Sheffield-Wednesday

246215339_ScreenShot2020-11-26at14_35_36.png.d0946ba2b9e0f3624925d14804b3f2f3.png

Maybe they've just got it in for him as well though. eh?

🙄

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

40FBD108-DEA8-4670-BBC5-95B665BBE2B5.jpeg

It’s still strange to me how modern football now means that a player making just four tackles can be the top tackling player on the pitch

Mad that when you think about it 

Thats because most times a player is tackled nowadays the opponent falls on the floor and rolls around screaming in agony like they may require an amputation only to get up and run around seconds later. Therefore most tackles are nowadays probably classed as fouls.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

4 hours ago, hirstysfags said:

I guess it's down to what one person's definition of a "tackle" is compared to someone else.

Looking back at the incident in question, whoscored.com clearly saw that as an 'interception' rather than a 'tackle', as technically the Swansea player hit his cross, which Palmer blocked from close range, rather than Palmer tackling him before he got the cross in.

It's a minor technicality I suppose, but it at least explains why Palmer's showing as having made no tackles all game!

250749675_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.0185e740fc64a1e8082a34460f3c9bb2.gif

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Looking back at the incident in question, whoscored.com clearly saw that as an 'interception' rather than a 'tackle', as technically the Swansea player hit his cross, which Palmer blocked from close range, rather than Palmer tackling him before he got the cross in.

It's a minor technicality I suppose, but it at least explains why Palmer's showing as having made no tackles all game!

250749675_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.0185e740fc64a1e8082a34460f3c9bb2.gif

Load of bollaks 

• Like 1

There was a moment in the second half where for some reason he just let the ball drop in our box and was lucky not to get punished by their player. 

Too much of a liability in defence, and Pulis has probably already made his mind up on him in that regard. Don’t get me wrong he’s still got a future here, but more in midfield.

22 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Tackles:

Odubajo - 4 

Palmer - 0

Interceptions:

Odubajo - 2

Palmer - 1

Clearances:

Odubajo - 2

Palmer - 1

Passing Accuracy:

Odubajo - 75%

Palmer - 69.7%

Results - Palmer as has been said for years is not good enough. 

He has improved but if were playing wing backs Odubajo and Penney