Dawson

14 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Poor punch, accepted.

But has anyone mentioned the two admiring statues stood three yards in front of him or Reach who plodded alongside him then threw his arms up after it had gone in to mask his own embarrassment?

Reach was on the edge of the d, nothing to do with him

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

The Preston commentators said exactly the same thing tbh...and he slipped again b4 hoofing it up top..might have had his slippers on thinking he wer still sat at home watchin tele

Monday morning, wildsmith knocks on pulis’s door and asks - so boss, can you tell me why you dropped me for Westwood? erm, erm, ah urgh.

Wildsmith then says - so after what’s happened to me in the last few days I’d like to be put on the transfer list immediately.

Pulis has made a big error of judgment in my opinion.

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, brian joicey said:

Didn’t realise at the time that he wasn’t under much/any pressure! 

I realised straight away...even b4 their geezer fired it back in I screamed ‘catch the f00kin thing’

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, GLOwl said:

Monday morning, wildsmith knocks on pulis’s door and asks - so boss, can you tell me why you dropped me for Westwood? erm, erm, ah urgh.

Wildsmith then says - so after what’s happened to me in the last few days I’d like to be put on the transfer list immediately.

I don’t beli3ve it has anything to do with watching them in training...I believe as soon as he took the job he was goin to bring westy back in

Just seen the goal for the first time. I agree the punch could have been better, but the defenders did not react fast enough. In the premier league the goal would have been disallowed, two Preston forwards were stood offside directly in front of Westwood, so they were interfering with play !!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Wildsmiths problem goes beyond this Westwood decision. Both he and Dawson have had chances to establish themselves beyond doubt. 

If Westwood leaves tomorrow, that doesn’t mean we aren’t going to replace him with a new number 1. If Wildsmith was on the transfer list tomorrow, does a decent Champ side come in for him? 

that probably says enough about our goalkeeping situation. 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't believe that you really honestly believe it was the defenders at fault for that goal

I didn,t say the defenders were to blame, BUT they should have reacted quicker to try and block the shot or put the scorer off his shot !