Dawson

1 minute ago, HarryPlopper said:

Do you not berate Westwood at every possible opportunity.

Do you not slate people for backing him?

Nope

Relax mate - you're clearly very upset

Trying to blame ME for Westwood punching a tame cross with fluffy hands straight to their striker on the penalty spot just sounds desperate mate

Go have a cup of tea

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, coopswfc76 said:

Whose hating Westwood ffs? He's just made the same mistake Dawson has been getting pelters for that's all.

I wasn’t impressed with it.. he seemed to lose his footing a bit beforehand. It’s a mistake but the other two make mistakes after mistake. 

Generally we look quite organised today defensively despite the 10 men and Westwood definitely contributes to that as he’s constantly talking at the defence.

I’d make the decision to stick with KW for a run of games as we know he can do it whereas the other two we know they can’t 

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I wasn’t impressed with it.. he seemed to lose his footing a bit beforehand. It’s a mistake but the other two make mistakes after mistake. 

Generally we look quite organised today defensively despite the 10 men and Westwood definitely contributes to that as he’s constantly talking at the defence.

I’d make the decision to stick with KW for a run of games as we know he can do it whereas the other two we know they can’t 

I'd definitely stick with him as not 1 for dropping players for 1 mistake.

Surprisingly though we don't concede many anyway its other end where a lot of the problems are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I thought he lost his footing too. I think he was looking to catch it but was a bit unbalanced due to the slip. I think he was a bit unfortunate. Like you, I’d give him a run of games as he is a good organiser.

4 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I thought he lost his footing too. I think he was looking to catch it but was a bit unbalanced due to the slip. I think he was a bit unfortunate. Like you, I’d give him a run of games as he is a good organiser.

I'd give him a run if games but he didn't slip and he's cost us a point with a ******** poor punch putting ball back in the danger zone.

Just like when Dawson does that daft parry thing back in to danger zone.

Given he hasn’t played for a year you’ve got to give him 5+ games and just expect there will be some rust in there.

If he’s still making mistakes after 5-10 games then fair enough, but both Dawson and Wildsmith have had opportunity to establish themselves as number 1 and neither of them have.

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

I'd give him a run if games but he didn't slip and he's cost us a point with a ******** poor punch putting ball back in the danger zone.

Just like when Dawson does that daft parry thing back in to danger zone.

Fair enough, I thought he slipped slightly before the punch when he was trying to position himself. Maybe slip wasn’t the right word but he looked to lose his footing. Anyway, largely immaterial now.

Absolutely no dig at Westwood here, more at the decision to throw him straight in. Just shows how desperate we are for a good keeper. 

Love westwood but he needs a good run of games before he gets back to his best. 

That decision to punch straight to their player to volley it in is a sign of rustiness which is expected considering he’s not played a single game all year. 

Sorry Tony but it wasn’t a risk that needed taking today and it cost us the game. Even with windass off, we still wouldn’t have scored.

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Given he hasn’t played for a year you’ve got to give him 5+ games and just expect there will be some rust in there.

If he’s still making mistakes after 5-10 games then fair enough, but both Dawson and Wildsmith have had opportunity to establish themselves as number 1 and neither of them have.

Have to blame Monk.. I mean Dawson over Wildsmith for a start was a bad decision. If anything Wildsmith has looked decent in spells then has other spells of making errors. He should have been first choice over the last year so we could better judge him as number 1, instead Dawson has played 75% of the games and never looked up to it

My only possible complaint is that he could have caught it. 

But when he punches it he has a Preston player right in front of him so he is set to make a save not a catch. A punch is a reasonable thing to do. The return shot is one of those things. 

Dawson would have done the same. 

We have learned nothing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Have to blame Monk.. I mean Dawson over Wildsmith for a start was a bad decision. If anything Wildsmith has looked decent in spells then has other spells of making errors. He should have been first choice over the last year so we could better judge him as number 1, instead Dawson has played 75% of the games and never looked up to it

Exactly this. People can argue all they want about Westwood now, but in a year or twos time the question is will Wildsmith or Dawson be good enough to be our future? They’re not kids anymore.