Dawson

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why hasn't that applied to Wildsmith who has just kept 2 clean sheets on the trot and not put a foot wrong?

Because its a new manager who has his own ideas. 

He's going to want to come in and do what he thinks from the get go, rather than just play someone because they'd be doing ok before he arrived. 

The same way some new owners generally pick their own new manager straight away regardless of how the current one is doing. 

Not suggesting I didn't think it was a bold decision to throw him straight in over Wildsmith, who i thought it was harsh to drop at the start of this season for Dawson if im honest. 

But the new manager has to do what he thinks is right from the get go, not stick with decisions the previous manager made if he doesnt agree with it 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But hasn't he done exactly that with the outfield players?

I don't look at the bench today and think theres an awful lot screaming to change if im honest, Rhodes aside potentially, but I think it highlights we havent a great deal of quality. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why hasn't that applied to Wildsmith who has just kept 2 clean sheets on the trot and not put a foot wrong?

The manager picks his best goalkeeper. TP’s best goalkeeper isn’t Monk’s best goalkeeper obvs. Not that even Monk knew who his best goalkeeper was.

He did know what a successful dressing room looked like though. Presumably he had photos of it from his visit to Anfield.

Just now, theowlsman said:

The manager picks his best goalkeeper. TP’s best goalkeeper isn’t Monk’s best goalkeeper obvs. Not that even Monk knew who his best goalkeeper was.

He did know what a successful dressing room looked like though. Presumably he had photos of it from his visit to Anfield.

Ah well 

So long as Pulis knows what he's doing, picking a player who'd not played a game in a full year after being dropped for multiple clangers, and then played Paterson in midfield 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

This thread is pointless - it wouldn't have mattered who was in goal today. In fact it was miraculous that we only conceded one goal with ten men for 73 minutes, does anyone honestly expect any of our keepers would go through 90 minutes without making one slight error?

But sure, let's just go for some petty points scoring rather than pull together during dark times eh?

It's the Wednesday way

Just now, Marc_Degryse said:

This thread is pointless - it wouldn't have mattered who was in goal today. In fact it was miraculous that we only conceded one goal with ten men for 73 minutes, does anyone honestly expect any of our keepers would go through 90 minutes without making one slight error? 

Wildsmith was doing ok till  he got dropped

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

And pulis will get pelters for this

I’m not sure he will. No more than if Westwood had put in match winning performance Pulis would not be getting the credit.

But I totally agree with your first points, to pick him when he’s not played a competitive game for a year seems rash. Will do nothing for the mood of the other keepers. 

It was a courageous decision to bring Westwood back, given that TP has only had a few days to assess all 3 goalkeepers. Unfortunately it’s looking like he might have made the wrong call - but let’s see what happens in the next half dozen or so games.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 18.27.20.jpg

Just watching their goal again over and over and pausing it

Can anyone see in the video where Westwood 'slipped' because I sure as hell can't

Still the best keeper at the club.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 18.27.20.jpg

Just watching their goal again over and over and pausing it

Can anyone see in the video where Westwood 'slipped' because I sure as hell can't

It was as the cross came in, I saw it live. He'd just recovered from when the video above starts. Without the slip I'm sure he catches it.