Jordan Rhodes

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

Give an example,cut and paste it from a post i have made,where i have 'started it' or retract your statement.....I have at no time complained to admin,or been the first to resort to personal insult.

What you dont like is someone challenging you for posting insults,so you label,and attempt to belittle by your use of language,...ten a penny in social media,absolutely full of 'keyboard warrior's who wouldn't say boo to a goose to your face...

Lol. 

So you have never called people Einstein sarcastically on here then Jack?

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Lol. 

So you have never called people Einstein sarcastically on here then Jack?

Yes i have,still waiting for the example where i fired the first shot,you i see are joining in with Cookeh in being a 'para' troll.......like a moth to flame ..just cant keep away...See what i mean Hookowl?

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes i have,still waiting for the example where i fired the first shot,you i see are joining in with Cookeh in being a 'para' troll.......like a moth to flame ..just cant keep away...See what i mean Hookowl?

It’s in your pundits thread, feel free to search it yourself. 

You don’t help yourself Jack.

I do love you though, you’re like a dog with a bone , you never let it go no matter how wrong you are.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Think Rhodes will get his chance under Pulis. I know, out of our current crop, I would want Rhodes with a chance in the box.

Couldn’t agree more.

Im really looking forward to Rhodes getting a regular start under Pulis. Hopefully with a right-footer on the right of him and a left-footer on the left of him. Basic simple approach to an attack.

This is partly because I think he is the only one of our five forwards that looks remotely like a striker.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Norwich had him on loan for one season. They barely played him. 
Going up then gave the lm the budget to buy him permanently. They didn’t. Why ?

They’ve come back down to this league with parachute payments, sold a centre half for 3 times what we paid for Rhodes.

If they want him so bad, they’re playing hard to get.

I don’t need an agenda. His goal scoring record here is the only salient fact.

Farke said in his first press conference last season that they liked him as a player and wanted to sign him but he’s a Sheffield Wednesday player and it wouldn’t be right to comment further.

Nothing further came of it because Norwich didn’t want to stump up any money. And that wasn’t a Rhodes thing.. they went to the PL and spent zero.. they pocketed the whole amount to clear debts and get them in good shape financially.

It was reported at the time that they’d asked to sign him on a free transfer and we’d said no. You can argue that we’d have been better off saving the 40 grand a week and letting him leave for free. But it was cheeky because under his loan agreement there was probably a right to buy clause.. DC rightly wanted them to honour that if they were signing him so he told them where to go.

Oh and he barely played because they played 1 up and they had Pukki banging in close to 30 goals. No shame in being selected behind him

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Farke said in his first press conference last season that they liked him as a player and wanted to sign him but he’s a Sheffield Wednesday player and it wouldn’t be right to comment further.

Nothing further came of it because Norwich didn’t want to stump up any money. And that wasn’t a Rhodes thing.. they went to the PL and spent zero.. they pocketed the whole amount to clear debts and get them in good shape financially.

It was reported at the time that they’d asked to sign him on a free transfer and we’d said no. You can argue that we’d have been better off saving the 40 grand a week and letting him leave for free. But it was cheeky because under his loan agreement there was probably a right to buy clause.. DC rightly wanted them to honour that if they were signing him so he told them where to go.

Oh and he barely played because they played 1 up and they had Pukki banging in close to 30 goals. No shame in being selected behind him

And ? 

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

And ? 

You asked why Norwich didn’t buy him as apparently you weren’t aware of what happened

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You asked why Norwich didn’t buy him as apparently you weren’t aware of what happened

Context, if you’re going to jump into a thread, answer it all.
It’s good to have people on here like your good self who know everything about everything in their own world.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Norwich had him on loan for one season. They barely played him. 
Going up then gave the lm the budget to buy him permanently. They didn’t. Why ?

They’ve come back down to this league with parachute payments, sold a centre half for 3 times what we paid for Rhodes.

If they want him so bad, they’re playing hard to get.

I don’t need an agenda. His goal scoring record here is the only salient fact.

They played Pukki or what ever his name is who was scoring for fun at the time. 

You’re argument holds no water as no one at the club has a better record ‘ at this club’ in his position, and or who has proven they can do it previously at this level to even a quarter of the standard he has been at. The fact remains he hasn’t had a consolidated run in the side to afford him the opportunity to get up to pace nor has he had the players around him to support him to his game. 

With this in mind tell me who plays up front till the transfer window opens in January? 

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Context, if you’re going to jump into a thread, answer it all.
It’s good to have people on here like your good self who know everything about everything in their own world.

Dude it’s a forum.. nobody owns the posts and anyone can reply to anyone. If you want to restrict who can reply to you you’d be better off using something like twitter where you can be one of those saddos who has to block anyone they remotely disagree with to maintain the echo chamber.

In the post I replied to the only question you asked was why didn’t Norwich buy Rhodes off us. I answered your question just repeating things that were reported at the time, didn’t really express an opinion either way

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Not sure how anyone can argue that he has been a waste of time and resources.

But he’s a nice lad so it’s all good.

FFS !

The only posters talking about this “nice bloke” thing are his detractors.

Not one poster is saying he’s amazing, or the messiah, and I couldn’t give a flying fig whether he’s nice to his mum, delivers to care-homes and rescues kittens.

HE IS BETTER THAN MARRIOTT, PATERSON, KACHUNGA and WINDASS.

And that’s it. 

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Here’s his most recent starts for Wednesday. And our others for comparison.

Rhodes

This season -1 in 2

This and last season - 4 in 10

Since start of 17/18 - 9 in 26

Windass

This season - 1 in 9

This and last season - 4 in 16

Paterson - 1 in 6

Kachunga - 0 in 5

Marriott - 0 in 4

I’ve included any game where the player played at least 45 minutes. 

Did you mean to quote me?

Just now, Holmowl said:

FFS !

The only posters talking about this “nice bloke” thing are his detractors.

Not one poster is saying he’s amazing, or the messiah, and I couldn’t give a flying fig whether he’s nice to his mum, delivers to care-homes and rescues kittens.

HE IS BETTER THAN MARRIOTT, PATERSON, KACHUNGA and WINDASS.

And that’s it. 

Never said he wasn’t mate.

If you’re not sure read back through my posts. As I’ve  before, it’s a damning endicment of our recruitment policy that we have to use him at some point, particularly when we allowed Joao to leave.

And I don’t see anyone arguing my point that he has been a disastrous signing.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I think so.

I think you were referring to him not being a super-sub.

Yeah, more-or-less. I'm just puzzled how your stats (it's 9 league starts for Rhodes in the last two seasons, by the way) relate to that?