Jordan Rhodes

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Love this thread

Jordan has ‘ earned his chance’.  On one tap in this season , and scoring in one match last season.

I feel I have also earned my chance, as the other week I laced one past my 8 year son in the garden. 

I like your posts because they make me laugh but you seem to dislike pretty much any big name player or manager we’ve had recently while favouring the mediocre ones such as Monk

Never knew this...prob posted somewhere.

And, according to The Metro, Pulis was among the Rhodes admirers after taking charge at Crystal Palace in November 2013.

It was claimed that Pulis hoped a £6m offer would be enough to tempt Blackburn into selling the Owls number 20, whom he had identified ‘to score the goals which can provide Premier League salvation’.

But the then Eagles boss appeared to concede defeat shortly afterwards, stating: “We’ll get linked with every Tom, ******** and Harry from now until the end of the window.

“But the answer is no, we couldn’t afford Jordan Rhodes.”

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Never knew this...prob posted somewhere.

And, according to The Metro, Pulis was among the Rhodes admirers after taking charge at Crystal Palace in November 2013.

It was claimed that Pulis hoped a £6m offer would be enough to tempt Blackburn into selling the Owls number 20, whom he had identified ‘to score the goals which can provide Premier League salvation’.

But the then Eagles boss appeared to concede defeat shortly afterwards, stating: “We’ll get linked with every Tom, ******** and Harry from now until the end of the window.

“But the answer is no, we couldn’t afford Jordan Rhodes.”

TBF Rhodes had loads of admirers in 2013 lol 

29 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I like your posts because they make me laugh but you seem to dislike pretty much any big name player or manager we’ve had recently while favouring the mediocre ones such as Monk

Rhodes is absolutely hopeless, I have to be honest.  I would rather we stuck the kid Hogan up there on Saturday. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Rhodes is absolutely hopeless, I have to be honest.  I would rather we stuck the kid Hogan up there on Saturday. 

The only reason he is still here is due to his generous contract, he’s been an utter drain on club resources and the patience of many.

Now we’ve got a new manager it appears supporters have forgotten his meagre return over the last 4 seasons.

He was brought here to do one thing. He hasn’t achieved it. That is his only consistent statistic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I suggest you watch the tap in again and watch the movement by Rhodes to get in front of the defender.

Might only be 2 or 3 yard but it shows how he scores his goals.

Anticipation , movement and gets a toe end to it.

Might look scruffy but none of our other strikers would have scored it.

What other strikers ?

lol

Think Rhodes has been awful but part of this is due to reasons mentioned in earlier posts. Carlos and 7 strikers. Jos being jos. On loan when Bruce was here monks awful tactics and formation. Still think he could have tried harder. But got a feeling we will get a bit more from him now maybe nowhere near as good from years gone by but enough to hit double figures by the end of the season im going for 12 goals by the end of the season.

8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

What I mean is every manager at some point has given him a spell of games to prove himself and in the end he is back on the bench or even worse out the squad. Are all of them managers wrong. 

I would love it if Rhodes could score regularly for us again. but so far there is more evidence to say this won't happen then it will.

Rhodes is still here those managers are not 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Thats what all my above points have been about. 

Why has no manager and we are talking 4 different ones here, given him a run of matches when he is suppose to be a 20 goal a season striker if he gets a run of games. 

Doesn't that strike everyone as a bit odd.

The same managers that froze out westwood, whats your thoughts on him starting on saturday ? 

42 minutes ago, punkassmofo said:

The same managers that froze out westwood, whats your thoughts on him starting on saturday ? 

They didn't freeze Rhodes out though did they to keep him away from the squad they just didn't play him because they didn't think he was good enough. 

• Haha 2

The desperate lengths people will go to, to defend Jordan Rhodes. Several otherwise sensible posters trying to lump his Norwich stats in with his Wednesday career to pad out his goals per game ratio at Wednesday. Pretty desperate stuff.

At Norwich

At Norwich, he started the first 6 games of the season, he scored a couple of goals, but the team only got 5 points in 6 games. After that, they dropped Rhodes (he started only 3 more games in the league in the whole season) and Norwich won 88 points from 40 games from these 40 games. Their biggest wins that season:

4-0 at Hillsboro (Rhodes ineligible)

4-0 at Bolton (unused sub)

4-0 vs QPR (Rhodes brought on in 89th minute)

4-1 at Swansea (Rhodes brought on in 89th minute)

3-0 vs Ipswich (Rhodes brought on in 88th minute)

In fact, they didn't pick him to start for a single game in the league after October and of the 21 sub appearances he made after October, five were for 1 minute, four were for 2 minutes and 3 were for 3 minutes. Pretty clear he wasn't rated, and Norwich were a much worse team when he played.

At Wednesday

People keep saying he scored a goal in x game and then 2 matches later he was dropped, as if the player that can't hold the ball up, runs like he has treacle in his boots and, since January 2018, has scored in 3 games (out of 33) and contributed no assists in that time would have been a world beater if only he had been given a chance.

I would love nothing more than a Lazarus-like resurrection for Rhodes, but if there is a fully functioning footballer within there, he's kept it well hidden so far. I'd rather see Marriott given more games, at least he can run.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Jesus Christ! Get back down the sweet shop. May have some penny sweets for ya.

Not even funny.... Shocking attempt at humour. And I preferred sherbert pips. 

If we wanted a head patting nice bloke. We could have hired hundreds. He might be a " Nice bloke "  But that's not what he's paid for. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Windass does get into scoring positions I agree he needs to more efficient but Rhodes just seems so lack luster

Windass has some positives but he is a very greedy player. A poor man’s Forestieri. He’ll rarely set up a team-mate if there’s a chance of getting an outside chance of a shot off.

I’m certain Pulis will be on that. 

5 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

The desperate lengths people will go to, to defend Jordan Rhodes. Several otherwise sensible posters trying to lump his Norwich stats in with his Wednesday career to pad out his goals per game ratio at Wednesday. Pretty desperate stuff.

At Norwich

At Norwich, he started the first 6 games of the season, he scored a couple of goals, but the team only got 5 points in 6 games. After that, they dropped Rhodes (he started only 3 more games in the league in the whole season) and Norwich won 88 points from 40 games from these 40 games. Their biggest wins that season:

4-0 at Hillsboro (Rhodes ineligible)

4-0 at Bolton (unused sub)

4-0 vs QPR (Rhodes brought on in 89th minute)

4-1 at Swansea (Rhodes brought on in 89th minute)

3-0 vs Ipswich (Rhodes brought on in 88th minute)

In fact, they didn't pick him to start for a single game in the league after October and of the 21 sub appearances he made after October, five were for 1 minute, four were for 2 minutes and 3 were for 3 minutes. Pretty clear he wasn't rated, and Norwich were a much worse team when he played.

At Wednesday

People keep saying he scored a goal in x game and then 2 matches later he was dropped, as if the player that can't hold the ball up, runs like he has treacle in his boots and, since January 2018, has scored in 3 games (out of 33) and contributed no assists in that time would have been a world beater if only he had been given a chance.

I would love nothing more than a Lazarus-like resurrection for Rhodes, but if there is a fully functioning footballer within there, he's kept it well hidden so far. I'd rather see Marriott given more games, at least he can run.

Just goes to show that Farke ain't no good as a manager dont it. 

It took Jos and Monk, two of the worst managers we have ever had a lot less time than that to work out that Rhodes ain't no good. 

lol

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Windass has some positives but he is a very greedy player. A poor man’s Forestieri. He’ll rarely set up a team-mate if there’s a chance of getting an outside chance of a shot off.

I’m certain Pulis will be on that. 

Is he that bad at it. Forestieri would shot from 30 yards all the time. Dont recall Windass trying that many shots on goal. Maybe you are right about the not passing when it's the better option bit.