England men's fixtures omdt.

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Not sure what it looked like inthe stadium, but that last 10 minutes Romania seemed to move the ball about in a way that England never seem to be able to ..passing through us, moving forward quickly,  releasing wide players with accurate balls round the full backs etc.

That's always going to be an issue for us, I still don't think we get enough positive possession.  

It looked exactly like you described.

We seemed to stand off them & they had twice the speed & skill.

I honestly thought when we conceded that last free kick they would equalise.

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

He’s unplayable around the box. Has the skill to beat 3 men or let gravity do it’s job. Win win. 

I agree.  He's an amazing footballer.  Hope when the opposition tires we bring him on and let him wander in and out from the wings and just get involved.

20 minutes ago, 442 said:

Ben White head and shoulders above Mings & Coady. Can also provide cover for defensive midfield. 

Right addition for me.

That might be true, but begs the question  why our esteemed manager called up Coady and Mings ahead of him?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That might be true, but begs the question  why our esteemed manager called up Coady and Mings ahead of him?

Exactly. White has looked steady enough in the past couple of games (against very average opposition) but if he gets a game ahead of Coady and Mings now, it makes a bit of a mockery of his selection when JWP was arguably the best player on the pitch in the first half yesterday

18 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think he’s been helped by Henderson’s fitness too

You mean complete lack of fitness.

He's played 45 minutes in the last three months. Even a player as naturally fit as Henderson needs more time to get up to speed. 

Even if he was fully fit, I'd have still got JWP in for his set plays and industry. Instead, we've added another CB, which suggests to me Maguire has little chance of being fit until the latter stages, if at all. May also point to the fact he's not confident if we have to rely on Mings/Coady as a pairing.

White call up shows Maguire won't feature in the group stages.  Mings looked poor so hope he doesn't start.

But why call up Mings/Coady and then feel the need to bring White in?  Seems Sir G knows he made a selection mistake with Mings.

JWP should have gone.  Southgate clearly feels Henderson has that spot but can you really expect much from him so soon??