New Season

So this is what I think our first team would look like if we lined up now. 

Dawson

Dunkley

Borner

Iorfa

Odubajo/Palmer

Penney/Reach/Harris

Bannan

Luongo

Bashiru

Rhodes

Hagan

I'd say we need at least 3 front men, along with another CM and probably another RWB. 

Could go 4231

Dawson

Iorfa

Dunkley

Borner

Penney

Bannan

Luongo

Harris

Hunt? 

Reach

Rhodes

That'd be more solid I would think, but would probably need 3 front men again, as well as an AM and 2 new wingers. 

13 minutes ago, bdmfournil said:

The only area the team is weaker is up front. Defence is the same as last season possibly a bit stronger with the addition of Dunkley

Midfield is similar to last season with the addition of the highly rated signing from Man City.  Murphy is a big loss, but he wasn't ours

anyway.  Up front we have lost Fletcher who hardly played after Christmas. Nuhiu, Winnal and Forestieri did not score enough last season

to constitute a loss. Two or three loan signings of a similar quality to Murphy and we will be stronger than last season.

You are comparing our current squad with the post-Christmas squad, whose form was bottom of the table.

If you compare us with the pre-Christmas squad we are a mess. 

But I agree there’s time to bring in some quality up top. 

• Like 1

Have to say I agree with the OP. 
Nothing has happened to make me think that we will suddenly hit the ground running and we certainly need to. 
There may be more of a togetherness and hopefully the attitudes of players will have changed. We currently look like a bang average side on paper. I hope I’m wrong. 
problem is if we lose the first games GM will be under massive pressure. 

8 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

How long is the transfer window open for?   I’m sure they extended it?

Also, there’s the loan market which I can see being very very busy after everything that’s happened!

Transfer window open until 5th October, as I understand from previous postings on EFL site.

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

We've approximately 3 weeks to go until the start of the new season with what looks like our worst squad of players for a very long time. We've released a bunch of players and brought in two teenagers, one that's unproven in this league or even first team football and the other with a history of injuries and recently played for a team relegated from our league. We've got only one recognised striker that frankly is rubbish and simply doesn't score goals. Any player that we did have that had a bit of ability about them have all jumped ship and you can see why. Others such as Hutch that did at least put in a shift have been shown the door or completely excluded from the managers plans such as Westwood. Top all this off with a points deduction start to the season of 12 points (4 wins) and things are looking extremely bleak unless Monk can somehow over the next few weeks find at least 5 or 6 players that are better than we already have then realistically we're only going in one direction. I hope and pray i'm proven completely wrong but things look so bad right now. If we're still adrift at the bottom of the league by around January/February time i think we can safely say it's all over. I would have predicted it being by Christmas had the season started on its normal date in August. 

They should get you on board when they reopen season ticket sales. Inspirational.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

We've approximately 3 weeks to go until the start of the new season with what looks like our worst squad of players for a very long time. We've released a bunch of players and brought in two teenagers, one that's unproven in this league or even first team football and the other with a history of injuries and recently played for a team relegated from our league. We've got only one recognised striker that frankly is rubbish and simply doesn't score goals. Any player that we did have that had a bit of ability about them have all jumped ship and you can see why. Others such as Hutch that did at least put in a shift have been shown the door or completely excluded from the managers plans such as Westwood. Top all this off with a points deduction start to the season of 12 points (4 wins) and things are looking extremely bleak unless Monk can somehow over the next few weeks find at least 5 or 6 players that are better than we already have then realistically we're only going in one direction. I hope and pray i'm proven completely wrong but things look so bad right now. If we're still adrift at the bottom of the league by around January/February time i think we can safely say it's all over. I would have predicted it being by Christmas had the season started on its normal date in August. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7950989

1qeqNS.gif

khSNty.gif

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

image.gif.f619d998922b51e38497120c80d99d0d.gif

• Haha 3

"we need to get rid of the overpaid  losers  "..."we  need a complete overall "......we need younger players who are hungry "....we need the manager to bring in his own coaches"........"we need to change the culture of the club "..........everything we need he seems to be trying to do but he aint going to do it at a stroke .if at the end  of the transfer window  we still only have one striker then its time to hit the panic button but i doubt that will be the case .

• Like 1