Keeper

There's some people in this thread watching this drunken group being sick on the floor, nicking their pints, and scrapping with everyone, then getting thrown out every week, and they're going up to the nightclub manager asking why they can't let that group back in.

Staggering 

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If a player says he has no intention of playing again then that would be grounds for a termination

He doesn’t have to say he has no intention of playing. He just had to say his shoulder hurts, and then the week after the same again.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

How many times in world football have you heard of this happening. 

How many times in world football have you heard of players pretending to be injured to avoid playing?

Most players want to play if given the opportunity. If we got a new manager tomorrow and he asked Westwood to play I’m sure he would want to, and I’m sure he’d give 100% when he did too. He comes across as pretty competitive which is why he’s had a good career in the game. No chance he wouldn’t give his all

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Make your mind up, when I questioned whether you were saying he was purposely under-performing you said that wasn't what you were saying.

I have never said he had. I said if they so choose to underperform not a risk a manager would take hence current debate taking place and on that note I'm out. 

Edited by Donny El

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

How many times in world football have you heard of players pretending to be injured to avoid playing?

Oh it DEFINITELY happens

A lot

And even more get booked/sent off to avoid playing certain games/times of the year/playing during holiday times

Stop being so naive

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's some people in this thread watching this drunken group being sick on the floor, nicking their pints, and scrapping with everyone, then getting thrown out every week, and they're going up to the nightclub manager asking why they can't let that group back in.

Staggering 

Sonds like when I was banned on here and kept asking you to let be back in! 

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - let's look at that scenario...

What do you think would happen to that nightclub over time?

What about the troublecausers - would they feel more empowered by being allowed to do just what the hell they liked?

I wonder what has happened to this 'club' during the course of the time the two managers chucked these characters out? 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh it DEFINITELY happens

A lot

And even more get booked/sent off to avoid playing certain games/times of the year/playing during holiday times

Stop being so naive

I'm sure it does happen but given that this is an extreme case of a player being 'injured' for such a prolonged period of time and it is allegedly not the first time this has happened, surely the club would be in a position to have his fitness judged by their own medical staff and if no underlying injury was found then they would have cause to fine/dock pay/terminate contract?

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Most players want to play if given the opportunity. If we got a new manager tomorrow and he asked Westwood to play I’m sure he would want to, and I’m sure he’d give 100% when he did too. He comes across as pretty competitive which is why he’s had a good career in the game. No chance he wouldn’t give his all

Happens quite often to be honest and for a variety of reasons. Some players are financially motivated and once they sign a decent contract literally don’t care, my wife knows the wife of one such player (now retired).

Some would say fletcher hobbled onto the pitch and then straight off to avoid playing and therefore risking injury before signing for someone else.

As far as KW goes I think like you say he’s very competitive. If you look at his career he played through the lower leagues but then had a period of his career where he was a substitute for a few years, I don’t think he wants to go back to that and would rather either play or do nothing.

• Love 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm sure it does happen but given that this is an extreme case of a player being 'injured' for such a prolonged period of time and it is allegedly not the first time this has happened

If that's true then why are Wednesday fans calling for someone like that to be given a starting place?

Beggars belief

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If that's true then why are Wednesday fans calling for someone like that to be given a starting place?

Beggars belief

I'm saying perhaps it isn't true, otherwise the club would have taken action.

Guest Therealrealist

Wonder if the owner of this 'club' wud start unbarring the 'troublesome' customers if it started gettin less and less visitors every week..

I know we are talking about Westwood here and he is not the same person as Hutchinson. But the latter pretty much said he didn’t want to be associated with the current team anyway. If that has been the take it or leave it attitude amongst senior players I.e. doing us a favour then that is perhaps the issue. I’d be wanting senior players like those two to want to prove a manager wrong and help their team. They don’t have that long left in their career.

With Westwood though I just got the impression we needed to show Dawson he had a future here as his contract was up.

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And how would that play out for the nightclub long term?

If it wer taking good money but there was a little trouble every weekend the owners mite be happy..but as it happens theres a scruffy little nightclub down the rd whats allways been crap..but they brought in this boss who got on with all the customers and now its heaving every weekend..if you can get a good nightclub boss who knows how to get on with everybody..including the odd lary punter..the 'club' would do well

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many times he's been substituted? Clear evidence of what exactly? How many times has he conceded 3 or more this season? Wednesday have conceded 3 or more too many times this season.

If you don’t know that the statement about how many times he’s been substituted is clearly true (irrespective of that actual number - you can look it up if you want) then I’d have to question if you’ve been watching us much when Westwood has been playing 

Just now, Ian said:

If you don’t know that the statement about how many times he’s been substituted is clearly true (irrespective of that actual number - you can look it up if you want) then I’d have to question if you’ve been watching us much when Westwood has been playing 

I'll take your word for it, just as I did when you answered flatly to how many loan spells Wildsmith and Dawson had experienced, while completely ignoring the fact that these were years ago and they barely made a handful of appearances between them.

Any comment on how Westwood managed not to concede 3 or more goals regularly like or other two 'stoppers' this season?

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

If hes done all these horrible things..plus refused to play..faked injuries etc..funny that we havnt been able to terminate his contract innit...

Not funny at all......I suppose naivety is quite a cute trait to have

• Like 1