Keeper

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Because loaning players out isnt a 1 way street.....you have to have a club that wants to loan them out and a club to loan them. You cant just dictate to other clubs that they have to take our keepers.

So you think when Westwood got injured whilst Dawson was at Wycombe and Chesterfield that we shouldn't have recalled him?

You're probably right, other teams probably scouted these 2 at academy level and decided they weren't good enough to take on loan.

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Completely ignoring the question...you are really floundering now.....you are quoting stats from when he was here and playing whilst saying we need to forget about him.

As for you last pathetic throw of the dice.....no one rated Hutchinson more than me......Owlstalk is full of my comments saying hes the best defender in the league

Finally something we agree on, though best defender in the league is stretching it somewhat!

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

Because loaning players out isnt a 1 way street.....you have to have a club that wants to loan them out and a club to loan them. You cant just dictate to other clubs that they have to take our keepers.

So you think when Westwood got injured whilst Dawson was at Wycombe and Chesterfield that we shouldn't have recalled him?

Sorry to p**s on your chips but Dawson went to Chesterfield on a 1-month emergency loan when their keeper broke his arm. 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

So now answer the question then

Hutchinson contributed to a more competitive side, as did Westwood.

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Heres another fact then for you...Dawson played 17 games out on loan in 2014...so the answer to your question is "they were"

Yep, that spell at Alfreton was the making of him, literally no need to gain more sustained experience since then at league level, looks the part now.......

14 minutes ago, Ian said:

His spell at Wycombe was also a short emergency loan and he returned to Hillsborough before Westwood picked up an injury.

You really should check you facts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37026453

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sorry to p**s on your chips but Dawson went to Chesterfield on a 1-month emergency loan when their keeper broke his arm. 

Not sure why that wee wees on my chips.....keepers don’t return from a broken arm in a month......dawson was set for a long loan at Chesterfield and was recalled by us.

Same with Wycombe, whilst the initial loan was for a week, he was recalled by us

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, that spell at Alfreton was the making of him, literally no need to gain more sustained experience since then at league level, looks the part now.......

I see your point.....where shoud we send him next season then.....City, Madrid, Liverpool?

you are just flip flopping your argument all the time now so I’ll leave you to it because this is so easy I might get accused of internet bullying 

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not sure why that wee wees on my chips.....keepers don’t return from a broken arm in a month......dawson was set for a long loan at Chesterfield and was recalled by us.

Same with Wycombe, whilst the initial loan was for a week, he was recalled by us

Not for a Westwood injury he wasn't as you refer to. Got any proof of this information?

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

I see your point.....where shoud we send him next season then.....City, Madrid, Liverpool?

you are just flip flopping your argument all the time now so I’ll leave you to it because this is so easy I might get accused of internet bullying 

What does this refer to?

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

You crack on with getting your stats from the internet......I’ll stick with where I get mine from 

Your mind? 

I wouldn't trust that given you think Hutchinson is the best defender in the league!

17 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I don’t believe that Particular scenario occurred, I’m just saying I don’t think it’s simple and I don’t buy it that’s Westwood is necessarily a wrong un. I had this discussion some months ago with someone. I worked for the same company for 36 years. I gave them my heart and soul and was good at my job. My bosses all appreciated me and I was successful, but I had one boss part way through my career who sent me on gardening leave (because I stood up to malpractice and spoke my mind) and a second one who decided I wasn’t what the company wanted at that point (because I didnt always tow the company line and when I wasn’t given what was promised I said what I thought). 36 years for the same company and I left with my boss not speaking to me once in my last 3 months and no goodbye. Hand at heart all my staff and all my customers were very disappointed to see me leave, but there came a point where if they’d ask me to stay longer I’d have said no. 

Many have had an experience like that,me included,so you have my sympathy(s) Its hard to believe however that two separate Managers just happen to refuse to play the same two players without allegedly there being a very good reason

.What Manager would deliberately leave out Players that might get a result? let alone two...(Bruce doesnt count,wasnt here long enough) NO mate there has been issues in that dressing room that had to be sorted,Will we EVER hear the real story? Who knows..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hutchinson contributed to a more competitive side, as did Westwood.

True,when FIT & not 'injured' and/or 'out of form'.....& there lay the rub of the argument.We have had 'hints' about such....Nando as well i believe was allegedly called out for not trying hard enough in training,& so on...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Many have had an experience like that,me included,so you have my sympathy(s) Its hard to believe however that two separate Managers just happen to refuse to play the same two players without allegedly there being a very good reason

.What Manager would deliberately leave out Players that might get a result? let alone two...(Bruce doesnt count,wasnt here long enough) NO mate there has been issues in that dressing room that had to be sorted,Will we EVER hear the real story? Who knows..

A manager under strict instructions to cut the wage bill for the sake of FFP might, especially if he’s told not to take any prisoners. I do think Bruce counts, he was here for half a season. Also interesting is that the higher paid players didn’t extend their contracts at the end of the normal season. That didn’t happen in many clubs, I still believe this could just as easily be more down to the poor treatment of players causing a reaction than players who are bad uns. I admit I don’t know, I’m just not prepared to come down on the side of thinking they are trouble causers. Having said all that, the club comes before any player (or manager for that matter) and I’ll support them long into the future when the players are well forgotten

28 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

A manager under strict instructions to cut the wage bill for the sake of FFP might, especially if he’s told not to take any prisoners. I do think Bruce counts, he was here for half a season. Also interesting is that the higher paid players didn’t extend their contracts at the end of the normal season. That didn’t happen in many clubs, I still believe this could just as easily be more down to the poor treatment of players causing a reaction than players who are bad uns. I admit I don’t know, I’m just not prepared to come down on the side of thinking they are trouble causers. Having said all that, the club comes before any player (or manager for that matter) and I’ll support them long into the future when the players are well forgotten

We will never mate i expect TBH,all depends on your definition of 'better' players....2 different managers in the same situation,made the same decision....

3 hours ago, parajack said:

We will never mate i expect TBH,all depends on your definition of 'better' players....2 different managers in the same situation,made the same decision....

I know our results over the last 2 years are better when they’ve played and we’ve looked more competitive. 
As for the 2 managers, I’m sorry but as things stand I’ve got no faith in what Jos or Monk did, I had faith in Bruce and he seemed to rate both players. 
Look at what both Jos and Monk did in terms of team selection after dropping Westwood and Hutch, just bizarre at times. Jos went with the no strikers at Millwall, playing Penney as a false 9 at Bristol and Monk was impossible to predict. The more I reflect, the more I think there was a bigger agenda and Westwood and Hutch were casualties of whatever that agenda has been. In fact if the agenda is to reduce the average age, recruit faster younger players, stop relying on players with questionable injury records then I’m all for it, I just still don’t buy it that those 2 were trouble causers to the point where they should be dropped permanently. Remember as well that we started the season by playing Hutch as an advanced midfielder, what was that all about? 
whatever the truth, let’s hope for a better season next year and some hope for more enjoyable times.

• Like 1