Keeper

I think we will persevere to get them the experience. But ideally one or both would be on loan for a season at the top of league one for example Sunderland need a keeper. 

I don’t think we could afford darlow so we’d be looking in this league or below for the balance of age and experience. McGallivray would be my shout

44 minutes ago, 83owl said:

How many players can you name out of all the footballers in the uk that have had their contracts terminated midway through? It very very rarely happens and it’s mostly after they have been found guilty of a criminal offence. Players contracts are watertight, all they have to do is say my leg, shoulder, arm or whatever hurts and nobody can prove otherwise.

Probably about as many as I can name who have been frozen out for such a long period by their club when their club are clearly in need of some experience in that position and gave said player a new bumper 2-year contract only 5 months previously.

We do things differently. 

3 hours ago, Donny El said:

Exactly only 50% of the managers that says more about Westwood's attitude than the managers. Only 1 coach said that and it was Rhodes probably the best keeper coach we have had ,ever. Also got the best out of Wildsmith and Dawson. The problem with KW is he thinks he knows best and that does not fit with managers.

It's more than 50% in his favour if you count Gray, Carlos, Bullen (twice) and Bruce. The two managers who have not been able to see eye to eye with him and have cast him aside have had a fantastic positive impact on the club.... their man management skills are a joy to behold.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's more than 50% in his favour if you count Gray, Carlos, Bullen (twice) and Bruce. The two managers who have not been able to see eye to eye with him and have cast him aside have had a fantastic positive impact on the club.... their man management skills are a joy to behold.

I can see why some might choose that over-simplistic (and intellectually lacking) view mate I really can.

Personally, If I saw different bouncers working at the same nightclub,  I'd be backing those who are chucking out those that are fighting and being sick on the dancefloor rather than the bouncers who just laugh and let em carry on 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can see why some might choose that over-simplistic (and intellectually lacking) view mate I really can.

Personally, If I saw different bouncers working at the same nightclub,  I'd be backing those who are chucking out those that are fighting and being sick on the dancefloor rather than the bouncers who just laugh and let em carry on 

Without knowing the facts (or choosing not to share them to give everyone a more educated view) I would say that is a very simplistic and uneducated view. 

Maybe you could express your opinion in an amusing gif instead.

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Probably about as many as I can name who have been frozen out for such a long period by their club when their club are clearly in need of some experience in that position and gave said player a new bumper 2-year contract only 5 months previously.

We do things differently. 

So the club have frozen him out for no reason? Or he has thrown a paddy again? so the club do what's needed and replace him with someone who is willing to do their best to help the club achieve rather than risk playing someone who is half hearted and not really bothered what happens to the club.

Just now, Donny El said:

So the club have frozen him out for no reason? Or he has thrown a paddy again? so the club do what's needed and replace him with someone who is willing to do their best to help the club achieve rather than risk playing someone who is half hearted and not really bothered what happens to the club.

Where have I said no reason? 

However, choosing to freeze someone out for so long shortly after giving him a new contract is fairly stupid, especially when the alternatives in his position are inadequate.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Without knowing the facts (or choosing not to share them to give everyone a more educated view) I would say that is a very simplistic and uneducated view. 

Maybe you could express your opinion in an amusing gif instead.

I'll elaborate a little for you to make it easier for you understand as you're clearly struggling..

Now....

Imagine there's a nightclub

A new nightclub manager comes in, see's the same lads scrapping on the dancefloor every night, picking fights with other customers, throwing drinks around, being sick on the chairs.

But the nightclub's doing ok but not really succeeding as it needs to. it's busy most of the time. Importantly the ones causing the trouble are the ones that are spending the most too.

A good nightclub manager would chuck em out, make the reputation of the nightclub better, and crack on with a more successful nightclub once they're gone.

A rubbish nightclub manager would just stand by watching them all scrapping, spending their money, whilst the nightclub continues to not succeed

OR

To put it another way

A nightclub exists

The same customer keep getting barred by new managers running the nightclub.

Are those customers just unlucky?

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

However, choosing to freeze someone out for so long shortly after giving him a new contract is fairly stupid, especially when the alternatives in his position are inadequate.

Stupid of the club to let a manager who had no intention of seeing out his own contract offer a player a new contract thinking a leopard can changes his spots then yes. But wise to drop him again yes. A player can't refuse to play as that would go against a contract but a player could if they so wished play poor and make mistakes 😂 that are totally out of character costing the club any way. As well as being disruptive and divisive in the changing room.

Edited by Donny El

21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Has it ever crossed you mind that the contract extension was the cue for behaviour change in the player......good as gold, get a new contract and then revert to type?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Donny El said:

Stupid of the club to let a manager who had no intention of seeing out his own contract offer a player a new contract thinking a leopard can changes his spots then yes. But wise to drop him again yes. A player can't refuse to play as that would go against a contract but a player could if they so wished play poor and make mistakes 😂 that are totally out of character costing the club any way. As well as being disruptive and divisive in the changing room.

Are you suggesting he played poorly on purpose?! Some accusation that.

Just now, Ian said:

Has it ever crossed you mind that the contract extension was the cue for behaviour change in the player......good as gold, get a new contract and then revert to type?

Revert to type? How many times has he been our player of the year? That type?

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Did the same manager who gave him a new contract freeze him out?

No, the one who is proving to more even more useless than the last one who froze him out did.

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'll elaborate a little for you to make it easier for you understand as you're clearly struggling..

Now....

Imagine there's a nightclub

A new nightclub manager comes in, see's the same lads scrapping on the dancefloor every night, picking fights with other customers, throwing drinks around, being sick on the chairs.

But the nightclub's doing ok but not really succeeding as it needs to. it's busy most of the time. Importantly the ones causing the trouble are the ones that are spending the most too.

A good nightclub manager would chuck em out, make the reputation of the nightclub better, and crack on with a more successful nightclub once they're gone.

A rubbish nightclub manager would just stand by watching them all scrapping, spending their money, whilst the nightclub continues to not succeed

OR

To put it another way

A nightclub exists

Are those customers just unlucky?

Thanks for the analogy, in the absence of facts in this particular issue its meaningless.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Thanks for the analogy, in the absence of facts in this particular issue its meaningless.

Ok let's just talk 'people in general' then

A nightclub exists

Is that customer just unlucky?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Completely change my posts as is a familiar trait with you.

As for previously suggesting I am intellectually lacking, it is a known defect of mine - I tend not to look towards people who go on midweek seaside benders on their own and post numerous pictures of themselves on the bog as the natural voice of reason. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Revert to type? How many times has he been our player of the year? That type?

If you want to keep your head in the sand and ignore the overwhelming evidence then carry on.

The answer to your question of how many times has he been our player of the year is, no where near as many as times he's been substituted, which is more than every other Wednesday keep combined in our entire 150 year plus history.