Keeper

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'll take your word for it, just as I did when you answered flatly to how many loan spells Wildsmith and Dawson had experienced, while completely ignoring the fact that these were years ago and they barely made a handful of appearances between them.

Any comment on how Westwood managed not to concede 3 or more goals regularly like or other two 'stoppers' this season?

Hahaha....yes.....he hasn’t f****n played that much......Paul Jones hasn’t even conceded 1 goal this season......that makes him better than Westwood using your criteria

• Like 1

Just now, Ian said:

Hahaha....yes.....he hasn’t f****n played that much......Paul Jones hasn’t even conceded 1 goal this season......that makes him better than Westwood using your criteria

14 games mate. How many has Joe Wildsmith played and conceded? 

Ignoring the point where you failed to refer to their loan 'experience' then.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

14 games mate. How many has Joe Wildsmith played and conceded? 

Ignoring the point where you failed to refer to their loan 'experience' then.

People were saying Wildsmith and Dawson hadn’t been out on loan.....I pointed out that they had 6 times.....that is a fact.....no one asked about how long ago or how many games they played

i also pointed out that the reason Dawson played only a few games for Chesterfield and Wycombe is because Westwood yet again “got injured” and he had to be recalled to cover for him

you seem to struggle with the facts here.....not sure what else there is to say

• Like 1

westwood wasnt playing well and deserved to be left out anyone who thinks differently must be related  to him  ......the other two have come in and struggled to replace him no doubt about that but how can monk now  pick someone who whenever he's chosen for the bench  pulls out with a mystery injury ......players have to buy into the squad system and if they arnt prepared  to sit on the bench the manager doesnt really have a choice but to bin them . 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, parajack said:

Once upon a time,in a land far away,there lived a handsome prince........explain how allegedly recieving wages with every chance of reaching Millionairenstatus whilst at the Club,= treated badly?  You REALLY believe what you have posted? https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/huge-wage-bill-helps-double-sheffield-wednesdays-losses-year-year-337482

I don’t believe that Particular scenario occurred, I’m just saying I don’t think it’s simple and I don’t buy it that’s Westwood is necessarily a wrong un. I had this discussion some months ago with someone. I worked for the same company for 36 years. I gave them my heart and soul and was good at my job. My bosses all appreciated me and I was successful, but I had one boss part way through my career who sent me on gardening leave (because I stood up to malpractice and spoke my mind) and a second one who decided I wasn’t what the company wanted at that point (because I didnt always tow the company line and when I wasn’t given what was promised I said what I thought). 36 years for the same company and I left with my boss not speaking to me once in my last 3 months and no goodbye. Hand at heart all my staff and all my customers were very disappointed to see me leave, but there came a point where if they’d ask me to stay longer I’d have said no. 

2 hours ago, Ian said:

People were saying Wildsmith and Dawson hadn’t been out on loan.....I pointed out that they had 6 times.....that is a fact.....no one asked about how long ago or how many games they played

i also pointed out that the reason Dawson played only a few games for Chesterfield and Wycombe is because Westwood yet again “got injured” and he had to be recalled to cover for him

you seem to struggle with the facts here.....not sure what else there is to say

The facts are our goalkeepers should have had some proper loan spells to gain experience.

The fact is Westwood played 14 games and conceded 15 goals this season. He didn't concede more than 2 in any game.

The facts are Wildsmith and Dawson conceded far more goals per game and regularly conceded 3 or more.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The facts are our goalkeepers should have had some proper loan spells to gain experience.

The fact is Westwood played 14 games and conceded 15 goals this season. He didn't concede more than 2 in any game.

The facts are Wildsmith and Dawson conceded far more goals per game and regularly conceded 3 or more.

At least they put themselves forward to play tho...

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

westwood wasnt playing well and deserved to be left out anyone who thinks differently must be related  to him  ......the other two have come in and struggled to replace him no doubt about that but how can monk now  pick someone who whenever he's chosen for the bench  pulls out with a mystery injury ......players have to buy into the squad system and if they arnt prepared  to sit on the bench the manager doesnt really have a choice but to bin them . 

Where is the evidence that he's refused to play or sit on the bench though? Apart from people spreading rumours on here I haven't seen anything

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

At the risk of repeating myself, as I said 4 hours ago.....

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You seemed to think he had been frozen out for a reason in the post below. Unless you thought he 'threw a paddy again' before being cast aside?

What you are basically saying is you don't know what happened any more or less than anyone else does. Some like you are taking the side of the manager, others like me are wondering why a solution couldn't be reached when it has been clear the other 2 keepers used are not up to the standard required.

What we should all be able to agree on is that the goalkeeping situation is just another thing to add to the list that the club have dealt with badly. So much so that we chose to pay a contract extension to another goalkeeper who has never played for us, will never play for us and was never realistically going to be needed in the last 9 games so yet more money wasted.

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

And yet you want to completely ignore the fact that just when Dawson was due to get a run of games at Wycombe and Chesterfield he was recalled due to yet more "injuries" to Westwood.

The main reason Dawson and Wildsmith haven't had significant spells away on loan is due to Westwood being the most injury prone keeper we've ever had

Do you agree?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Its at times like this i wish i still bought programmes!

How many of those 14 games included having Hutchinson in the team compared to games when Dawson and Wildsmith are in goal?

You seem to want to judge a keeper purely on goals conceded without taking in to account anything else

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian said:

And yet you want to completely ignore the fact that just when Dawson was due to get a run of games at Wycombe and Chesterfield he was recalled due to yet more "injuries" to Westwood.

The main reason Dawson and Wildsmith haven't had significant spells away on loan is due to Westwood being the most injury prone keeper we've ever had

Do you agree?

No I completely disagree. When was the period of injury that meant 1 of these keepers could not be sent out on loan when they were 18-22? Westwood played 44 times in 2014-15, 37 times in 2015-16 and 48 times in 2016-17 then came Jos. Why couldn't one of them have gone on loan this season, we signed Jones as a back up and even signed him again when there was no need to do so.

Them's the facts as you like to say.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Its at times like this i wish i still bought programmes!

How many of those 14 games included having Hutchinson in the team compared to games when Dawson and Wildsmith are in goal?

You seem to want to judge a keeper purely on goals conceded without taking in to account anything else

HUTCHINSON's gone mate, forget about him (as we are often told) besides which he was one of the bad eggs wasn't he, your surely not saying he was actually of use?

No I completely disagree. When was the period of injury that meant 1 of these keepers could not be sent out on loan when they were 18-22? Westwood played 44 times in 2014-15, 37 times in 2015-16 and 48 times in 2016-17 then came Jos. Why couldn't one of them have gone on loan this season, we signed Jones as a back up and even signed him again when there was no need to do so.

You have an exceedingly brilliant mind full of facts 

Genuinely impressed every time I read your debates 

Honestly it’s very impressive 

Owlstalk Shop

Because loaning players out isnt a 1 way street.....you have to have a club that wants to loan them out and a club to loan them. You cant just dictate to other clubs that they have to take our keepers.

So you think when Westwood got injured whilst Dawson was at Wycombe and Chesterfield that we shouldn't have recalled him?

HUTCHINSON's gone mate, forget about him (as we are often told) besides which he was one of the bad eggs wasn't he, your surely not saying he was actually of use?

Wonder if he went to the nightclub we were taking about earlier

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Completely ignoring the question...you are really floundering now.....you are quoting stats from when he was here and playing whilst saying we need to forget about him.

As for you last pathetic throw of the dice.....no one rated Hutchinson more than me......Owlstalk is full of my comments saying hes the best defender in the league

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You have an exceedingly brilliant mind full of facts 

Genuinely impressed every time I read your debates 

Honestly it’s very impressive 

The tinterweb is my friend, not Wiki though, unless its properly fact-checked! :image:

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

. When was the period of injury that meant 1 of these keepers could not be sent out on loan when they were 18-22? Westwood played 44 times in 2014-15

Heres another fact then for you...Dawson played 17 games out on loan in 2014...so the answer to your question is "they were"