Keeper

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok let's just talk 'people in general' then

A nightclub exists

The same customer keep getting barred by new managers running the nightclub.

Is that customer just unlucky?

What about if 3 out of the 5 'new niteclub managers' didnt bar this customer?

Why is it do hard to believe he is a bad egg. There are reasons he has not made it big at any decent club and always the bridesmaid on the international scene when quite clearly the most talented player in his position for his country at the time

Just now, Ian said:

If you want to keep your head in the sand and ignore the overwhelming evidence then carry on.

The answer to your question of how many times has he been our player of the year is, no where near as many as times he's been substituted, which is more than every other Wednesday keep combined in our entire 150 year plus history.

How many times he's been substituted? Clear evidence of what exactly? How many times has he conceded 3 or more this season? Wednesday have conceded 3 or more too many times this season.

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

And the two that did were useless at running the bar!

Guest Therealrealist

If hes done all these horrible things..plus refused to play..faked injuries etc..funny that we havnt been able to terminate his contract innit...

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Donny El said:

Why is it do hard to believe he is a bad egg. There are reasons he has not made it big at any decent club and always the bridesmaid on the international scene when quite clearly the most talented player in his position for his country at the time

Some of us just don’t care if he’s a ‘bad egg’. You’ve basically just admitted he’s a quality player and that’s why we pay our money to watch him play. Couldn’t care less if he goes on a midweek bender every week so long as he plays well on a Saturday, it’s all that matters. 

Instead we have people with application but no ability.. no thanks

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Some of us just don’t care if he’s a ‘bad egg’. You’ve basically just admitted he’s a quality player and that’s why we pay our money to watch him play. Couldn’t care less if he goes on a midweek bender every week so long as he plays well on a Saturday, it’s all that matters. 

Instead we have people with application but no ability.. no thanks

Always said he was a quality keeper that's not the problem but like stated who says he's been frozen out. Could be of his own doing 

Guest Therealrealist

Cmon then il keep asking..why cant we terminate his contract?? We will be payin him another MILLION POUNDS to stay at home..let that sink in

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Cmon then il keep asking..why cant we terminate his contract?? We will be payin him another MILLION POUNDS to stay at home..let that sink in

I literally posted about it 10 minutes ago on the last page. Clubs can’t just terminate contracts. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Donny El said:

Always said he was a quality keeper that's not the problem but like stated who says he's been frozen out. Could be of his own doing 

He has a contract with us to play football until June 2021 though. He can’t just say ‘I’m not playing lads, will stay at home until the contracts done’. That would be breach of contract and given we clearly no longer want him and it’s costing money it would give grounds to immediately terminate the contract. 

The fact that he’s still here and being paid, and given what both Westwood and Monk have said about the situation it’s 100% Monk’s decision that he’s not here. So Monk needs to be judged on whether that’s the right call and nearly everyone can see it clearly isn’t 

I could see the merit in getting rid of him on age, injury or cost grounds but while he’s here he should be part of the squad. It shouldn’t be this difficult but Monk has made it so

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I literally posted about it 10 minutes ago on the last page. Clubs can’t just terminate contracts. 

They can if the player id in breach of that contract..by faking injuries..refusing to sit on bench etc

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

If a player says he has no intention of playing again then that would be grounds for a termination

4 minutes ago, Donny El said:

You seemed to think he had been frozen out for a reason in the post below. Unless you thought he 'threw a paddy again' before being cast aside?

What you are basically saying is you don't know what happened any more or less than anyone else does. Some like you are taking the side of the manager, others like me are wondering why a solution couldn't be reached when it has been clear the other 2 keepers used are not up to the standard required.

What we should all be able to agree on is that the goalkeeping situation is just another thing to add to the list that the club have dealt with badly. So much so that we chose to pay a contract extension to another goalkeeper who has never played for us, will never play for us and was never realistically going to be needed in the last 9 games so yet more money wasted.

42 minutes ago, Donny El said:

So the club have frozen him out for no reason? Or he has thrown a paddy again? so the club do what's needed and replace him with someone who is willing to do their best to help the club achieve rather than risk playing someone who is half hearted and not really bothered what happens to the club.

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'll elaborate a little for you to make it easier for you understand as you're clearly struggling..

Now....

Imagine there's a nightclub

A new nightclub manager comes in, see's the same lads scrapping on the dancefloor every night, picking fights with other customers, throwing drinks around, being sick on the chairs.

But the nightclub's doing ok but not really succeeding as it needs to. it's busy most of the time. Importantly the ones causing the trouble are the ones that are spending the most too.

A good nightclub manager would chuck em out, make the reputation of the nightclub better, and crack on with a more successful nightclub once they're gone.

A rubbish nightclub manager would just stand by watching them all scrapping, spending their money, whilst the nightclub continues to not succeed

OR

To put it another way

A nightclub exists

The same customer keep getting barred by new managers running the nightclub.

Are those customers just unlucky?

Where is this nightclub. Sounds like fun!!!

lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He has a contract with us to play football until June 2021 though. He can’t just say ‘I’m not playing lads, will stay at home until the contracts done’. That would be breach of contract and given we clearly no longer want him and it’s costing money it would give grounds to immediately terminate the contract. 

The fact that he’s still here and being paid, and given what both Westwood and Monk have said about the situation it’s 100% Monk’s decision that he’s not here. So Monk needs to be judged on whether that’s the right call and nearly everyone can see it clearly isn’t 

I could see the merit in getting rid of him on age, injury or cost grounds but while he’s here he should be part of the squad. It shouldn’t be this difficult but Monk has made it so

You are right he can't refuse to play. But he doesn't have to put 100% in neither.

8 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

We could mutually terminate it. Which is what I said earlier I think we may try to do. But he would have to agree to it.

19 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Yeah - let's look at that scenario...

What do you think would happen to that nightclub over time?

What about the troublecausers - would they feel more empowered by being allowed to do just what the hell they liked?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Where is this nightclub. Sounds like fun!!!

lol

I don’t know, sounds a bit like embrace.. everyone knows what makes a successful nightclub is the quality of the birds and he’s not even mentioned that. People will still turn up if there’s people scraping as long as there’s some worldies on the dancefloor

1 minute ago, Donny El said:

You are right he can't refuse to play. But he doesn't have to put 100% in neither.

Make your mind up, when I questioned whether you were saying he was purposely under-performing you said that wasn't what you were saying.