Keeper

9 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I know our results over the last 2 years are better when they’ve played and we’ve looked more competitive. 
As for the 2 managers, I’m sorry but as things stand I’ve got no faith in what Jos or Monk did, I had faith in Bruce and he seemed to rate both players. 
Look at what both Jos and Monk did in terms of team selection after dropping Westwood and Hutch, just bizarre at times. Jos went with the no strikers at Millwall, playing Penney as a false 9 at Bristol and Monk was impossible to predict. The more I reflect, the more I think there was a bigger agenda and Westwood and Hutch were casualties of whatever that agenda has been. In fact if the agenda is to reduce the average age, recruit faster younger players, stop relying on players with questionable injury records then I’m all for it, I just still don’t buy it that those 2 were trouble causers to the point where they should be dropped permanently. Remember as well that we started the season by playing Hutch as an advanced midfielder, what was that all about? 
whatever the truth, let’s hope for a better season next year and some hope for more enjoyable times.

Yes i agree on the hope for a better season,though as it stands,its hard to see much 'hope' anywhere.I dont agree with your summary re Monk,but hey its all rocknroll...Time(IF) he is given it,will tell.Without knowing whats gone off in that dressing room(i doubt we ever will) we wont ever know.

SO all we are left with is opinions!!...WAWAW...?...

• Like 1

Guest Timothy Fields
On 23/07/2020 at 19:57, onlyonedavidhirst said:

you mean the goalkeeper who played almost all the matches in the first half of the year, where we ended 3rd. I agree he dropped more clangers than previously, but we looked far more solid as a team in that period. 

There's a top class keeper at Chessington Zoo, the way he controls 20 monkeys on his own is unbelievable, could do with him, and preferably 4 elephants in the back four, couple of cheetahs on the wing, 3 dolphins up front, 2 Rhino's in midfield, I'll be the manager, just need hay fish and antelopes, 

1 hour ago, Timothy Fields said:

There's a top class keeper at Chessington Zoo, the way he controls 20 monkeys on his own is unbelievable, could do with him, and preferably 4 elephants in the back four, couple of cheetahs on the wing, 3 dolphins up front, 2 Rhino's in midfield, I'll be the manager, just need hay fish and antelopes, 

can you arrange for the giraffe to be on the bench in case we need to go route one in the last 15 minutes

Can see Westwood fancying his chances of another change of manager, and back in the No 1 shirt 

Don’t see him leaving this summer, not with the money he’s on