SWFC announce FAN IN THE STAND cardboard cutouts

58 minutes ago, Loxley Owl said:

To then pander to the tv companies and the tv audiences by pretending it’s just like normal with fake crowd noises and fake crowds is an egregious insult to the fans who would normally attend.

Show me one  single person who thinks cardboard cut out fans and fifa crowd sound effects is 'just like normal' tho

lol

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Show me one  single person who thinks cardboard cut out fans and fifa crowd sound effects is 'just like normal' tho

lol

It isn’t now as it’s only just being introduced.

By the time we can go back, it will be the new normal.

Joining in with this “bit of harmless fun”, signing up to iFollow, and listening to fake crowd noise is turkeys voting for ******** Christmas. 

59 minutes ago, SouthStand75 said:

Any chance you can try and get the club to take pics of the sections? That way we can zoom in and see where we are. I’m sure you’ll have a few contacts at the club to make this happen. 

Have asked this morning and the club are going to do this for us mate 👍

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Massive stadium, 125 cardboard people. It’s going to look awesome.

By the way, the Mrs has told me she needs me to take some stuff to the dump this weekend, and has booked me an appointment slot. I asked her when she’d booked it for.

I bet you can guess the exact day and time. Women. Bloody idiots. Next time I’m getting one like Maxine who knows not to organize anything for 3pm on a Saturday.

• Haha 3

Guest Bulgaria
19 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Massive stadium, 125 cardboard people. It’s going to look awesome.

By the way, the Mrs has told me she needs me to take some stuff to the dump this weekend, and has booked me an appointment slot. I asked her when she’d booked it for.

I bet you can guess the exact day and time. Women. Bloody idiots. Next time I’m getting one like Maxine who knows not to organize anything for 3pm on a Saturday.

Sounds like mine mate.

Every Saturday at 3pm you can guarantee she will come into my man space and want to talk about something important, but she's is clever, it's always summat to do with family or summat sensitive, so she knows I can't tell her to shut her yapper.

19 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Sounds like mine mate.

Every Saturday at 3pm you can guarantee she will come into my man space and want to talk about something important, but she's is clever, it's always summat to do with family or summat sensitive, so she knows I can't tell her to shut her yapper.

Thing is them appointments at the dump are like gold dust at the mo. Can only get one appointment per week too. I’m going to have to bloody go. I’ll only catch the 2nd half.

Proper half time dump though. lol

Edited by theowlsman

On 19/06/2020 at 07:38, Loxley Owl said:

I disagree. Fans who attend already get shafted by awful kick off times due to TV, but until now there has at least been fans in the stadia when the matches have been shown.

This period from now until we’re allowed back has given TV, the leagues and the clubs the opportunity to prove they can run without us in attendance.

When we can return, it will be too late. By then, TV, the leagues and the clubs will have carte blanche to move matches at will to whatever antisocial time they want to maximise tv audiences and tv revenue, and the expense of the actual fans.

I disagree, i think the way this is being received means that clubs and TV companies will know that there is less value in screening games without crowds long-term.

Of course viewing figures are going to be good in this short-term as it is the only access all fans have but there is an acceptance and acknowledgement that it is simply not the same spectacle without a proper crowd.