Is now the time for a clean slate?

9 hours ago, Blue and white said:

We need one of the following.

Warnock 

McCarthy 

Bruce 

Megson

Hughton 

To name but a few, all have 2 or more promotions from this division, all know what it takes to get out of this league and all available or soon to be available.

We need experience going forward and all of the above have it in bucket loads.

My personal preference for the record would be Jokanovic but he is creaming a living in Qatar and I doubt he would swap that for us.

Out of the above it's Warnock with out a doubt but the darlings of our fan base saw to that happening 

I wanted joka after he got sack at Watford and Fulham but instead we get jos :duntmatter:

Like you say he will be on millions in qatar

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Buxton, Semedo, Tudgay, JJ, Loovens, Palmer, Hirst, Worthington, Pressman. There are many others. All examples of players who once they sign here, they seem happy to stay.

Buxton and Palmer were both good full backs, no point in getting rid just for the sake of it, Buxton left on the demands got to much for him. Tudgay left to go to a higher league so I really don't understand why you included him. Loovens is quite similar to Buxton, great defender and left when his body kept failing him, for me he left at the right time. Semedo I sort of understand but he really wanted to put 100% in all the time which I wish some of the current squad would. JJ I get he loved the club and most of him loved him but he did seem to want to sit about on a decent contract sometimes, although we really missed his pace when he left.  Cant speak for the others as I'm too young.

1 hour ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Buxton and Palmer were both good full backs, no point in getting rid just for the sake of it, Buxton left on the demands got to much for him. Tudgay left to go to a higher league so I really don't understand why you included him. Loovens is quite similar to Buxton, great defender and left when his body kept failing him, for me he left at the right time. Semedo I sort of understand but he really wanted to put 100% in all the time which I wish some of the current squad would. JJ I get he loved the club and most of him loved him but he did seem to want to sit about on a decent contract sometimes, although we really missed his pace when he left.  Cant speak for the others as I'm too young.

You’ve missed the point I was trying to make. I was just saying when players sign for us, they tend to stay here for a long time regardless of how good they are 🙄

4 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It's very difficult for me to show some objectivity but I'll really try this once. Quite a very high percentage of players when they sign for this football club tend to be here for a significant period of time. I would say on average around 3 years or so, which with the high turnaround of players in the game is quite a long period at any club. 

Right now, we have Lee 8 years, Nuhiu 7, Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson 6, Bannan, Forestieri 5, Fletcher, Reach 4. Then you've got the likes of Palmer, Wildsmith and Dawson who are in their twenties and have been at the club since they were kids. Some will say this is down to the Chairman who likes to hoard players? This may be true but this has been happening here for years?

Buxton, Semedo, Tudgay, JJ, Loovens, Palmer, Hirst, Worthington, Pressman. There are many others. All examples of players who once they sign here, they seem happy to stay. Is that because there's a comfortable environment here, they don't get pushed enough or it's too good a place to leave as it caters for every players needs?

I might be wrong and most likely am but perhaps we keep hitting brick walls continuously as the club tries to develop is as much down to the lack of turnover of players here as there inevitably comes a time like now where everything becomes stale and predictable.

We need a manager who can understand this, get hold of the problem and try to get things moving because until this situation gets addressed once and for all, we'll continue to meander along until we hit the ultimate brick wall that we won't manage to come through?

Hirst - well documented that he wanted to go Man U

Worthington - Put in a transfer request  

Hardly examples of happy to  stay.

And yes, we need a manager who will push and pull players to get the best out of them.

But the current owner had hoarded players to the detriment of the squad, club finances and individual player development.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

30 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Hirst - well documented that he wanted to go Man U

Worthington - Put in a transfer request  

Hardly examples of happy to  stay.

And yes, we need a manager who will push and pull players to get the best out of them.

But the current owner had hoarded players to the detriment of the squad, club finances and individual player development.

They hardly pushed for a move in the end and both were at the club for ten years. FFS they must’ve been unhappy to stay that long. As I said before, whether players are happy or unhappy, good or sh!t, some tend to stay here for a while but perhaps they don’t and I’ve f***ing imagined all this 🤪

Edited by Great Big Galaa

4 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It's very difficult for me to show some objectivity but I'll really try this once. Quite a very high percentage of players when they sign for this football club tend to be here for a significant period of time. I would say on average around 3 years or so, which with the high turnaround of players in the game is quite a long period at any club. 

Right now, we have Lee 8 years, Nuhiu 7, Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson 6, Bannan, Forestieri 5, Fletcher, Reach 4. Then you've got the likes of Palmer, Wildsmith and Dawson who are in their twenties and have been at the club since they were kids. Some will say this is down to the Chairman who likes to hoard players? This may be true but this has been happening here for years?

Buxton, Semedo, Tudgay, JJ, Loovens, Palmer, Hirst, Worthington, Pressman. There are many others. All examples of players who once they sign here, they seem happy to stay. Is that because there's a comfortable environment here, they don't get pushed enough or it's too good a place to leave as it caters for every players needs?

I might be wrong and most likely am but perhaps we keep hitting brick walls continuously as the club tries to develop is as much down to the lack of turnover of players here as there inevitably comes a time like now where everything becomes stale and predictable.

We need a manager who can understand this, get hold of the problem and try to get things moving because until this situation gets addressed once and for all, we'll continue to meander along until we hit the ultimate brick wall that we won't manage to come through?

This post is madness. Ever since Pleat came in, the club has been a mess from constantly juggling in and juggling out players. Players rarely stayed more than 2-3 seasons and it is only in the last few years we've gone back to having any sense of stability. It's not a coincidence the last few years is also the only time we've not been in constant relegation battles.

Look at all the outstanding teams of recent years and they are built around players who stay for 10-15 years, never mind 4 or 5:

Man Utd: Schmeichel, Pallister, Bruce, Irwin, Neville G & P, Butt, Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs

Arsenal: Seaman, Dixon, Winterburn, Adams, Keown, Bould, Parlour, Vieira, Bergkamp, Henry

Chelsea: Cech, Cole, Terry, Carvalho, Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Drogba

Man City: Kompany, Zabaleta, David Silva, Aguero

Barca: Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi

Obviously our club is a million miles from these, but whatever our problems as a club are, it isn't that we've for once managed to find some good players at this level and been able to keep them. All the players you name above are better than average Championship players*, a couple are outstanding at this level (*with one exception, but even he is good at what he does off the bench for the last 20 minutes).

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

They hardly pushed for a move in the end and both were at the club for ten years. FFS they must’ve been unhappy to stay that long. As I said before, whether players are happy or unhappy, good or sh!t, some tend to stay here for a while but perhaps they don’t and I’ve f***ing imagined all this 🤪

Blah blah blah

I never said those two players we’re unhappy, but carry on ranting anyway. 
No doubt the Nevilles, Scholes and Gerards of this world won’t fit into your version of the perfect club.

There was plenty of traffic in and out of the club before the current owner arrived.