Is now the time for a clean slate?

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Good question

I honestly can't see it

If anything I can see the out of favour players being pushed even further out of view for good, along with out of contract players.

I don't see ways back for Hutchinson, Westwood etc at all

It wouldn't surprise me if Hutchinson & Westwood aren't even training at the club.

In the short term we need results. I’m hoping Monk has had time over the last three months to reflect on his sh!t tactics, sh!t team selections and sh!t Man management skills since Christmas. If he still thinks that these three aspects of his management here was more than adequate then expect more sh!t performances and results when the championship resumes. Monk Out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

In the short term we need results. I’m hoping Monk has had time over the last three months to reflect on his sh!t tactics, sh!t team selections and sh!t Man management skills since Christmas. If he still thinks that these three aspects of his management here was more than adequate then expect more sh!t performances and results when the championship resumes. Monk Out!

Nail on the head. 

• Like 1

Hutchinson and Westwood have been tried and tested performers. That much I know.

Has their time come? Are they no longer up to it? In truth, I don't know - but I do know their replacements have given little indication they have the ability to be equal or better than the player they're replacing. And that's never a good sign.

In fact, I've not been particular convinced by the guy that thought it fit to exclude them in the first place. The guy's got a definite whiff of Wilson about him.

• Thanks 1

Personally think hutch, westwood and monk should all be shown the door 

This club needs a new beginning and none of the above should be part of this club going forward 

26 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Personally think hutch, westwood and monk should all be shown the door 

This club needs a new beginning and none of the above should be part of this club going forward 

We need one of the following.

Warnock 

McCarthy 

Bruce 

Megson

Hughton 

To name but a few, all have 2 or more promotions from this division, all know what it takes to get out of this league and all available or soon to be available.

We need experience going forward and all of the above have it in bucket loads.

My personal preference for the record would be Jokanovic but he is creaming a living in Qatar and I doubt he would swap that for us.

• Like 1

Would love Hutch and Westwood back in the team. Two of our best players. Let them go at the end of the season if need be but put pride aside for a minute because we’re currently in a relegation battle.

Guest Mcguigan
9 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

It's a funny little niggling one, hard to say, maybe back in two weeks....

Exactly, which explains his 123 starts in over 276 games. 

A free transfer, so not a bad piece of business but his times up here.

31 y/o next with a poor injury record. Not sure where he'll end up tbh.

11 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It look like Hutchinson has played his last game for us, I'd have liked to see him again this season but a new contract would probably be going too far. Disagree on the availability issue though, how many times this season was he unavailable for selection before the manager put an end to him being available? 

This season he's not been to bad but theres been previous seasons where his availability just isn't good enough.

Guest gizowl

It's imperative we have a positive conclusion to the season, we need the EFL to do their job ASAP, bring the investigation to an end , if any punishment to be received it's enforced this season even if it means relegation so we can start afresh, clean slate. Everything from Chansiri needs to be reassessed . It's clear that Chansiri with his heart in the right place and good intentions cannot run a football club, he has to either sell up or employ a DOF, set a  budget and step aside . Someone like Steve Bruce, Chris Hughton esk, maybe then the club we love can start to move forward. 

14 hours ago, GoldenLee said:

I know I may get slaughtered for this but here goes.

With the players now back in training and life hopefully moving back in the right direction for this country and the world, is now the time to start over with players who have been frozen out of the club?

If one thing this pandemic has taught a lot of people is that things that may have been considered important in life are maybe not as important as they once were.

I know it is more or less certainty that certain players (and good players, let’s not deny it) are leaving this summer but after all that has happened wouldn’t now be the perfect time for those players and manager to go “Do you know what, we’ve got 9 games of the season left, let’s just put our differences to once side and give it our all between now and the end of the season for the team and then we can go our separate ways”.

I know some people will think this is incredibly wishful thinking but what do people think? Do you think there could be any possibility of this happening?

Stay safe everyone

WAWAW

Large.jpg

I'd like a clean slate by getting rid of the entire lot pls including manager and bullen...probably too severe but that's my gut feel on the only way forward

• Thanks 1

It's very difficult for me to show some objectivity but I'll really try this once. Quite a very high percentage of players when they sign for this football club tend to be here for a significant period of time. I would say on average around 3 years or so, which with the high turnaround of players in the game is quite a long period at any club. 

Right now, we have Lee 8 years, Nuhiu 7, Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson 6, Bannan, Forestieri 5, Fletcher, Reach 4. Then you've got the likes of Palmer, Wildsmith and Dawson who are in their twenties and have been at the club since they were kids. Some will say this is down to the Chairman who likes to hoard players? This may be true but this has been happening here for years?

Buxton, Semedo, Tudgay, JJ, Loovens, Palmer, Hirst, Worthington, Pressman. There are many others. All examples of players who once they sign here, they seem happy to stay. Is that because there's a comfortable environment here, they don't get pushed enough or it's too good a place to leave as it caters for every players needs?

I might be wrong and most likely am but perhaps we keep hitting brick walls continuously as the club tries to develop is as much down to the lack of turnover of players here as there inevitably comes a time like now where everything becomes stale and predictable.

We need a manager who can understand this, get hold of the problem and try to get things moving because until this situation gets addressed once and for all, we'll continue to meander along until we hit the ultimate brick wall that we won't manage to come through?

If all the players who are soon to be out of contract don't put a shift in they are going to find it harder than ever to get a decent contract in the summer. 

The time for a complete fresh start is when we finally see the end of this season. Monk deserves a chance to build his own squad and keep the men he wants, like it or not. 

The last 3 managers, Bruce included have inherited a tired, disjointed and unmotivated squad. The new start must have a fresh and better approach and leadership by DC too but of all the things that need to happen that is least likely.