Is now the time for a clean slate?

I know I may get slaughtered for this but here goes.

With the players now back in training and life hopefully moving back in the right direction for this country and the world, is now the time to start over with players who have been frozen out of the club?

If one thing this pandemic has taught a lot of people is that things that may have been considered important in life are maybe not as important as they once were.

I know it is more or less certainty that certain players (and good players, let’s not deny it) are leaving this summer but after all that has happened wouldn’t now be the perfect time for those players and manager to go “Do you know what, we’ve got 9 games of the season left, let’s just put our differences to once side and give it our all between now and the end of the season for the team and then we can go our separate ways”.

I know some people will think this is incredibly wishful thinking but what do people think? Do you think there could be any possibility of this happening?

Stay safe everyone

WAWAW

Large.jpg

Edited by GoldenLee
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, GoldenLee said:

With the players now back in training and life hopefully moving back in the right direction for this country and the world is now the time to start over with players who have been frozen out of the club?

If one thing this epidemic has taught a lot of people is that things that may have been considered important in life are maybe not as important as they once were.

I know it is more or less certainty that certain players (and good players, let’s not deny it) are leaving this summer but after all that has happened wouldn’t now be the perfect time for those players and manager to go “Do you know what, we’ve got 9 games of the season left, let’s just put our differences to once side and think give it our all between now and the end of the season for the team and then we can go our separate ways”.

I know some people will think this is incredibly wishful thinking but what do people think? Do you think there could be any possibility of this happening?

Stay safe everyone

WAWAW

From a fans point of view mate..yea I get your point....But I think bridges have been burned now

3 minutes ago, GoldenLee said:

Large.jpg

With the players now back in training and life hopefully moving back in the right direction for this country and the world, is now the time to start over with players who have been frozen out of the club?

If one thing this epidemic has taught a lot of people is that things that may have been considered important in life are maybe not as important as they once were.

I know it is more or less certainty that certain players (and good players, let’s not deny it) are leaving this summer but after all that has happened wouldn’t now be the perfect time for those players and manager to go “Do you know what, we’ve got 9 games of the season left, let’s just put our differences to once side and give it our all between now and the end of the season for the team and then we can go our separate ways”.

Stay safe everyone

WAWAW

Good question

I honestly can't see it

If anything I can see the out of favour players being pushed even further out of view for good, along with out of contract players.

I don't see ways back for Hutchinson, Westwood etc at all

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Good question

I honestly can't see it

If anything I can see the out of favour players being pushed even further out of view for good, along with out of contract players.

I don't see ways back for Hutchinson, Westwood etc at all

How can there be a way back? You have been telling us for months that 'HE'S GONE! lol 

In terms of Westwood, if Monk is going to push him further out then that is an expensive mistake. He has another year on his contract and just like the last time his contract was running down, few if any will be prepared to pay a fee for him and offer him better terms than he is currently on with us.

I think we’ve gone way past the point of no return, particularly with Hutchinson. Reports that he’s selling or sold his house in Sheffield prove to me his mind is now elsewhere. Westwood has another year here and that’s a different set of circumstances. He’s going to be around whilst he’s under contract but having been frozen out twice is heard to see him putting in 100% .  A lot will depend on the form and fitness of the two young keepers of course but I can only see him playing first team football on loan at another club next season.

As for Jordan Rhodes I don’t think he’s ever been frozen out. He’s just not showed the sort of form to warrant a regular place in the match day squad let alone the starting eleven. Having said that he could be our only forward under contract next season.

2 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

For me Hutchinson should go, can never rely on him being available regularly, some other fans will disagree because he shows passion but I think it's time he left.

It look like Hutchinson has played his last game for us, I'd have liked to see him again this season but a new contract would probably be going too far. Disagree on the availability issue though, how many times this season was he unavailable for selection before the manager put an end to him being available? 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

No chance people like Westwood or Hutch will play for us again while Monk is here unfortunately. Only way they will is if Monk left. 

On  worth to team only Westwood  should be in squad. But the hole faking injury over Xmas because  he was out of favour after bad form  and dint  want to travel away isn't a good attitude. Hutchinson is just a liability 

Edited by Shiregreenowl 80
Missed sentence