No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

it don't matter what our or any other football leagues accounts say ,there all going bust unless you can tell me a magic reason how money will come into these clubs over next 12months? sky money will stop , and season ticket money will need to be repaid , sponsors will not be interested , gate receipts zero, other income zero . so basically all football league clubs would need mothballing till at least august 2021 ,all contracts would need to be terminated . if you see otherwise tell me how and what?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Nahhh it's WAY more interesting to just sit and slate them on here all day any time an article is posted or an expert mentions Sheffield Wednesday innit

I'm yet to see you offer any insight into what the benefit of Maguire's informative post about our club was.........

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

it don't matter what our or any other football leagues accounts say ,there all going bust unless you can tell me a magic reason how money will come into these clubs over next 12months? sky money will stop , and season ticket money will need to be repaid , sponsors will not be interested , gate receipts zero, other income zero . so basically all football league clubs would need mothballing till at least august 2021 ,all contracts would need to be terminated . if you see otherwise tell me how and what?

Fair and reasonable concerns there.

I think the Government would step in somehow as football is almost seen as a public necessity

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Maguire is the go-to football finance expert all the press listen to on the subject

You're just a geezer on a football forum suggesting we slag him off because he works in Liverpool

lol

Thought we weren't supposed to take into account work he has done in the past? :ph34r:

I think the Government would step in somehow as football is almost seen as a public necessity

I cant see the government stepping in and paying Jordan Rhodes 40k a week or paying our wage bill of upto 40 million can you? , im pretty sure gov coffers must be pretty empty after past 2 months giving 100s of billions out. 

Just now, handworth52 said:

I cant see the government stepping in and paying Jordan Rhodes 40k a week or paying our wage bill of upto 40 million can you?

No definitely not

But I can see them doing something to prevent football going belly up.

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think what we're all learning here is that posting any articles, news or comments from anyone on Sheffield Wednesday is a pointless exercise now.

Instead what we should just do is post a new topic with just a name

So the thread title would be 'Dom Howson'

In the post you would just post 'Dom Howson' and then let everyone savage him in the thread

That's all this has turned into because the 'offended by the SWFC bashing' brigade will otherwise come along and ruin every single other thread you dare to post about Wednesday, but (and keep an eye out for this - it's very obvious in every thread)  won't EVER talk about what that person has actually said/written.

Instead they'll just savage the person/journo that said it.

That's what it's become

I think you can go too far the other way with this.

Mr Maguire could have phrased it differently but CHOSE to inflame/wind up the only people likely to be bothered to take any notice of his post.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If it were to somehow for wants of a better word "save" the desperate situation some teams in League one and two find themselves I'd agree (Morally) to the Government lending a helping hand, but if it were to help the £8 billion Premier league, I can't/don't think that would go down to well with Mr & Mrs taxpayer........ Just my thoughts like. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No definitely not

But I can see them doing something to prevent football going belly up.

maybe legally allowing clubs to terminate contracts of players they simply cant afford to pay? that's the only option I see as saving clubs. either that or allowing supporters into the ground next season even if there was say an age limit and government paying the excess say the over 50s which must be half our supporters anyways. 

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

If it were to somehow for wants of a better word "save" the desperate situation some teams in League one and two find themselves I'd agree (Morally) to the Government lending a helping hand, but if it were to help the £8 billion Premier league, I can't/don't think that would go down to well with Mr & Mrs taxpayer........ Just my thoughts like. 

Yeah fair.

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye

Alreyt then...

As far as I am aware this chap has also done a fair amount of practical film making......

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Are you for real?

Yes.

I prefer to read posts about the subject (in this case the accounts) and not just watch grown men immediately pile on whichever pundit, expert or journalist that's mentioned SWFC.

I (and any other readers with a brain) find that a bit tedious after the 21358246136th time of it happening.

So yes. I'm for real.

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Not sure you can get higher than what I have from the worlds leading accountancy body after that I have more practical experience and not sat in a lecture theatre all day

I did them exams when they were r8 hard.  Referred in Auditing in my PE2 mind first time round. 

Yes.

I prefer to read posts about the subject (in this case the accounts) and not just watch grown men immediately pile on whichever pundit, expert or journalist that's mentioned SWFC. I find that a bit tedious after the 21358246136th time of it happening.

So yes. I'm for real.

The subject would be the Wednesday accounts if the reporter had just said the SWFC have delayed their accounts.

His editorial comments were that  he 'Had been looking forward to analysing Sheffield Wednesday’s accounts but sadly they’ve hidden behind the rules introduced by the chancellor extending publishing the accounts for three months so nothing out until end of July...at least.

That is way beyond the 'subject as you put it.

Its his journalist opinion.

People have a view about his opinion.