No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I really don't see why people are struggling to understand his language here.

There are rules meaning you can extend your time to file the accounts, during which time no examination of them can be made so they're effect 'hidden by the rules'

That's all he meant

Nothing sinister or anti-swfc about that at all

Everyone needs to stop being oversensitive.

Or he could have said "like many other companies in the current situation, they have utilised the dispensation granted by Companies House that permits the filing deadline to be extended due to the practical difficulties companies and accountants may find given the social distancing rules in place" 

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Dunno. Were we fined? Was Chansiri? I have no idea to be honest. 

Be 150 quid maybe 350 

Jeez I screwed up the other day and paid the 150 quid for a client, 

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Even if it WAS harsh it's no reason to turn a thread about SWFC accounts into yet another hate festival against a local pundit/journo/commentator

It happens every single time these days and ruins any thread that has any comment about our club in it from a journalist or pundit.

He works in Liverpool, hence justified to dislike him

The local media are unfortunately too thick to grasp he isn't an expert 

Guest mkowl
10 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

He’s never done finance / accountancy in the real world has he ? As far as I can work out he’s not even a qualified management accountant. 

All the stuff he did on stadium valuations showed this a mile away. It’s impossible to see if a valuation of an asset is ‘fair’ if you don’t know the methodology behind it. 

Never mind anything else. 

He has the same qualification as me. Tbf the real expertise on football finance is a Deloittes report that comes out annually 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I know

You disagree with me on everything which is why I sit waiting for posts from you to appear on anything I say, attacking my views.

lol

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

To be fair - it's sort of news if other clubs aren't doing it especially given our history of tardiness, the bombshell in the last set of accounts and the appalling figures they normally reveal.  There's plenty of reasons to be a bit arch about it. But it really doesn't matter.

Having said that just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. 

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Be 150 quid maybe 350 

Jeez I screwed up the other day and paid the 150 quid for a client, 

The real thing here is of course the accounts not discussing him. The earlier we see them the better. I want to see if they are the usual car crash, whether things are improving and how likely it will be that I'm going to get a refund. As I recall the last time we were offered them we were also told we'd be banned from buying season tickets again!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

He has the same qualification as me. Tbf the real expertise on football finance is a Deloittes report that comes out annually 

Used one of their reports as a link in another thread yesterday. 

Maguire is able to cast opinion on such reports and knows where and how to quickly access data from sources such as Companies House, Deloitte write the definitive reports and give critical analysis without the need to make childish jibes at owners or clubs.

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

At this point I just stopped taking you seriously

Touche 

Stick to your videos and leave the grown up stuff to me

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The real thing here is of course the accounts not discussing him. The earlier we see them the better. I want to see if they are the usual car crash, whether things are improving and how likely it will be that I'm going to get a refund. As I recall the last time we were offered them we were also told we'd be banned from buying season tickets again!

This

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

They will be a year out of date by the time we do. I will of course take a professional interest and I will put my bet in at 12m that DC has financed the club in that period.

I can guarantee they will show huge losses 

I will look for other clues

I don't need Maguire to tell me anything that I can't work out myself. And my analysis will be less click bait 

I suggest folk on OT wait for that. I don't even charge 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I think what we're all learning here is that posting any articles, news or comments from anyone on Sheffield Wednesday is a pointless exercise now.

Instead what we should just do is post a new topic with just a name

So the thread title would be 'Dom Howson'

In the post you would just post 'Dom Howson' and then let everyone savage him in the thread

That's all this has turned into because the 'offended by the SWFC bashing' brigade will otherwise come along and ruin every single other thread you dare to post about Wednesday, but (and keep an eye out for this - it's very obvious in every thread)  won't EVER talk about what that person has actually said/written.

Instead they'll just savage the person/journo that said it.

That's what it's become

Go on then, tell me about the benefits of Maguire's post, what the need was for him to word it in such a way and what anyone was gained from it?

We are yet to file our accounts, we hadn't filed them yesterday or last week and we won't have filed them tomorrow or next week - the deadline is the end of July - as is shown in Maguire's post - so what was the purpose of it?

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

They will be a year out of date by the time we do. I will of course take a professional interest and I will put my bet in at 12m that DC has financed the club in that period.

I can guarantee they will show huge losses 

I will look for other clues

I don't need Maguire to tell me anything that I can't work out myself. And my analysis will be less click bait 

I suggest folk on OT wait for that. I don't even charge 

Maguire is the go-to football finance expert all the press listen to on the subject

You're just a geezer on a football forum suggesting we slag him off because he works in Liverpool

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So far you've just waded into the thread to attack this expert and then revealed you only have the same qualifications that he does

lol

Not sure you can get higher than what I have from the worlds leading accountancy body after that I have more practical experience and not sat in a lecture theatre all day

Guest mkowl
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Maguire is the go-to football finance expert all the press listen to on the subject

You're just a geezer on a football forum suggesting we slag him off because he works in Liverpool

lol

I prefer to call him a self professed finance expert and the fact Biggs and Giddings et al think he is clever says it all

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I prefer to call him a self professed finance expert and the fact Biggs and Giddings et al think he is clever says it all

Slating journalists as well as pundits and experts too eh?

You're like a walking cliche

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Deloitte are the definitive source of football finance.

Maguire talks to the tabloids a lot. I must remember to take as gospel everything I read in the tabloids and hear on the BBC.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Deloitte are the definitive source of football finance.

Maguire talks to the tabloids a lot. I must remember to take as gospel everything I read in the tabloids and hear on the BBC.

Nahhh it's WAY more interesting to just sit and slate them on here all day any time an article is posted or an expert mentions Sheffield Wednesday innit

Owlstalk Shop