No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

So no signing for us then as one of the EFL rules is if accounts are not filed by 31 March a club is placed under an embargo until they are filed. (not seen anything updated by EFL re Co-Vid)

So if the season gets scrap and we start a new at the correct time in August 2020 we would have the squad we have now minus all the out of contracts and the loan players. Though I think it will be later than August for any new season.

Kind of made DC look a bit stupid when he was belittling Brentford not too long ago, when they have made a £20m profit last year and we will probably have made a £20m lose. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

"Hidden by the rules"

So we are basically doing as we should? 

Could also be due to the fact that the club is shut and everyone is at home tóssing off.

"Hidden by the rules" what a horses dong 

Doing as we can isn't necessarily doing what we should. Apparently other clubs haven't delayed their accounts. I don't know if that's true, 

There probably is no "should" anyway in the context of the filing of accounts (unless the EFL rules have been broken) it's just an option - so we're Sheffield Wednesday we can do what we want within the confines of the Companies Act 2006.  Now there's a catchy song. 

Sounds like someone wants some attention. Maybe Maguire is missing talking poo on Sky and Talksport. 

Accounts aren't late, compliant with HMRC rules, a non story pointless tweet. Sure it wont hurt him to wait a few more months

I dont think he is having a dig at us. I just think he is saying regrettably "sadly". I cant give you this today as they have legally hidden behind rules which they are entitled to do.

We know this for a fact otherwise the first word of each sentence would have told us we were all a big bunch of horses dong's or something.

lol

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Even if it WAS harsh it's no reason to turn a thread about SWFC accounts into yet another hate festival against a local pundit/journo/commentator

It happens every single time these days and ruins any thread that has any comment about our club in it from a journalist or pundit.

Maybe people are just sick of all the Wednesday bashing going around.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think what we're all learning here is that posting any articles, news or comments from anyone on Sheffield Wednesday is a pointless exercise now.

Instead what we should just do is post a new topic with just a name

So the thread title would be 'Dom Howson'

In the post you would just post 'Dom Howson' and then let everyone savage him in the thread

That's all this has turned into because the 'offended by the SWFC bashing' brigade will otherwise come along and ruin every single other thread you dare to post about Wednesday, but (and keep an eye out for this - it's very obvious in every thread)  won't EVER talk about what that person has actually said/written.

Instead they'll just savage the person/journo that said it.

That's what it's become

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I think what we're all learning here is that posting any articles, news or comments from anyone on Sheffield Wednesday is a pointless exercise now.

Instead what we should just do is post a new topic with just a name

So the thread title would be 'Dom Howson'

In the post you would just post 'Dom Howson' and then let everyone savage him in the thread

That's all this has turned into because the 'offended by the SWFC bashing' brigade will otherwise come along and ruin every single other thread you dare to post about Wednesday, and won't ever talk about what that person has said/written.

Instead they'll just savage the person/journo that said it.

That's what it's become

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Maguire a top hat of the highest order

See what I mean?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Even if it WAS harsh it's no reason to turn a thread about SWFC accounts into yet another hate festival against a local pundit/journo/commentator

It happens every single time these days and ruins any thread that has any comment about our club in it from a journalist or pundit.

You’ve got a point, I agree. I do believe that wording could have been better though. 

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh god..

Here we go..

Attack the pundit time...

Maguire knows jacksh1t compared to anyone else. His articles are click bait for the gullible. 

Companies House have given any company the right to extend the year end for upto 3 months. 

The auditor may have requested this because their staff may be unable to complete the job. There was also a technical release by the FRC and my regulator last week on what to consider as auditors as a result of Covid 19.

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Just my personal experience of trying to have a chat with him Neil. When asked a number of questions on Twitter he can't back things up and just comes out with the same old tag line. 

I don't mind the club getting hammered when there is reason to but as I have always said back it up with facts. The 'Hiding behind rules' quote says all IMO.

I have had a couple of clients do this. They are hiding behind nothing other than not having the money at the moment to pay me for doing the accounts. 

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Says only 4 clubs in the top 2 divisions have extended their accounts. Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Derby and ourselves. 

Does he say how many had 31 July year ends 

Football clubs can only have 31 May, 30 June or 31 July

31 May year ends would have been filed end of Feb so before  Covid 

30 June - filed end of Mar so most would have been signed and ready to file before the Companies House dispensation came into force

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Maguire knows jacksh1t compared to anyone else. His articles are click bait for the gullible. 

Companies House have given any company the right to extend the year end for upto 3 months. 

The auditor may have requested this because their staff may be unable to complete the job. There was also a technical release by the FRC and my regulator last week on what to consider as auditors as a result of Covid 19.

He’s never done finance / accountancy in the real world has he ? As far as I can work out he’s not even a qualified management accountant. 

All the stuff he did on stadium valuations showed this a mile away. It’s impossible to see if a valuation of an asset is ‘fair’ if you don’t know the methodology behind it. 

Never mind anything else. 

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

A late filing penalty is a civil penalty and not a criminal offense.

You can be prosecuted under the Companies Act but they are more likely to strike the company off first. In my 31 years doing this nonsense I have seen it threatened once -