No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

19 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Those who can.....do, those who can't...teach.

If he has an accountancy qualification, basic analysis of Wednesday’s accounts - and that’s all it takes really they aren’t complicated- shouldn’t be beyond him. 

32 minutes ago, Triple O said:

I think you can go too far the other way with this.

Mr Maguire could have phrased it differently but CHOSE to inflame/wind up the only people likely to be bothered to take any notice of his post.

But why be inflamed or wound up?  Be inflamed or wound up by what’s in them not what some bloke says about them

not being released. He isn’t having a dig at you. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But why be inflamed or wound up?  Be inflamed or wound up by what’s in them not what some bloke says about them

not being released. He isn’t having a dig at you. 

He is having a needless dig at the club when they are not hiding behind anything.

When the accounts are filed I will read them myself. They will make difficult reading and will post significant losses. None of that will come as a surprise, hopefully there will be signs of improvement but I suspect we will have to wait another year for anything significant in this respect when the sale of Joao and getting the likes of Hooper off the wage bill will come into the equation. 

Edited by Guest

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes.

I prefer to read posts about the subject (in this case the accounts) and not just watch grown men immediately pile on whichever pundit, expert or journalist that's mentioned SWFC.

I (and any other readers with a brain) find that a bit tedious after the 21358246136th time of it happening.

So yes. I'm for real.

36 minutes ago, Nero said:

The subject would be the Wednesday accounts if the reporter had just said the SWFC have delayed their accounts.

His editorial comments were that  he 'Had been looking forward to analysing Sheffield Wednesday’s accounts but sadly they’ve hidden behind the rules introduced by the chancellor extending publishing the accounts for three months so nothing out until end of July...at least.

That is way beyond the 'subject as you put it.

Its his journalist opinion.

People have a view about his opinion.

It seems only us brainless people would have a view about this!

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

I have had a couple of clients do this. They are hiding behind nothing other than not having the money at the moment to pay me for doing the accounts. 

That would be pretty significant wouldn’t it if Chansiri couldn’t afford to pay his auditors. If it was for social distancing reasons obviously nothing to see here. If it’s a PR thing because they’re a calamity then that would be of some significance. 

We simply don’t know. But if Maguire is a no mark whose opinion is worthless no need to be upset. As “jibes” go it’s pretty mild. 

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Those who can.....do, those who can't...teach.

And those that can do neither walk round a town centre pointing a camera

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

We simply don’t know. But if Maguire is a no mark whose opinion is worthless no need to be upset. As “jibes” go it’s pretty mild. 

Yeah but there's a current thinking amongst some of our fans that if you attack or slag off any pundit mentioning Wednesday that makes you a better supporter of our club.

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Be 150 quid maybe 350 

Jeez I screwed up the other day and paid the 150 quid for a client, 

I'm being chased at the moment for late payment, except i've paid it, have told them 3 times i've paid. Seems to make no difference, completely ignore my letters and just send another demand..now being charged interest.

Tried to call, on hold for decades..

Bollloxe to em, now reyt pisssed off with em

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

I'm being chased at the moment for late payment, except i've paid it, have told them 3 times i've paid. Seems to make no difference, completely ignore my letters and just send another demand..now being charged interest.

Tried to call, on hold for decades..

Bollloxe to em, now reyt pisssed off with em

Tbf Companies House are usually alright - though a couple of months ago it cost me 150 quid as I put "and" not "&" on a company name. 

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Ah yes, almost identical!

Yes the filing date of a northern clubs accounts being extended is generally seen to be on par with state interference in another's democratic process. 

Just now, mkowl said:

Yes the filing date of a northern clubs accounts being extended is generally seen to be on par with state interference in another's democratic process. 

The question was how do you hide behind rules. Pretty straightforward really in both high and low places. The moral of the story I suppose is don’t try to answer a stupid question.

lol

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

The question was how do you hide behind rules. Pretty straightforward really in both high and low places. The moral of the story I suppose is don’t try to answer a stupid question.

lol

The moral of the story is not to take any notice of Maguire as he knows jacksh1t. 

I have had Twitter conversations with him where he prides himself on being a two hat