Worst beer you have ever had at an away ground....

Semi final facup 1983 at Highbury. This wasn't in the ground but at a nearby pub. The beer was vile. It even made Mansfield taste decent (no no. That's impossible) 

Just remembered ninian Park maybe 82. The beer was vile 

That match Jeff King ran around kicking everyone. As he did. Even his own team mates. What a man. Beer wise. Oh dear. It was a night match and we went down on a special. Ninian Park halt was tiny. Train left 15 minutes early and stranded loads of our fans behind 

Edited by Mrmason69

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

don't recall drinking in away grounds, never did.

remember donkey's years ago away at norwich in a boozer drinking (I think it was) Worthington E, it was proper muck, along the lines of sam's and that wards s***e you drink in sheffield, you wouldn't have had another if it were free.

Wards...memories of egg farts supreme. UTO.

• Haha 1

On a similar theme - I went to the Brighton’s Amex to watch us away in the era when Dave Jones was manager.

I drove down from Reading and parked up late - you had to take a communal bus across the Sussex Downs to the ground.

Got in late and the game had already started (I hate being late, it’s disorientating). 

Spent the first 5 minutes supporting the wrong team in Blue and White (thought we were playing unbelievably well). We lost (0-1) ?

I’m not sure if it was their first season at the new stadium - but we’d had some poster on here prior (Brighton fan in peace, type), giving advice on travel and bulling up their local artisan meat pies.

So I tried one at half time - it came in it’s own artisan box. It was bloody rubbish. Dry as hell.

I took the lad to watch us play West Ham at Upton Park. Arrived at Reading station, platform 5 train to Paddington was the norm.

Train took us to Oxford. For some reason it had been re-directed to the wrong platform.

Got off - travelled to London. Got in the ground late just as a goal had been scored. Told the lad - “we’ll be losing”.

We’d just scored the second - we eventually won 0 - 4.

I hate being late.

Finally, Birra Moretti is now owned by Heineken. It’s no longer made in Italy, it’s made in the UK as are most “continental beers/lagers”.

Peroni and Corona are still imported.

All a bit random I’m afraid.

Edited by ReadingOwl

Probably Wembley - amazed to see it was all in cans...at £5 a can?? On a none - footballing matter, Wembley arena had a choice of Amstell or Carlsberg last weekend - at £6.25 a pint. Amstell won (but it was a close run thing :biggrin:)

On 10/12/2019 at 18:45, Ever the pessimist said:

In Euro 2016, and recently at a Portuguese league game, they were only selling alcohol free beer.

Amazingly they seemed to be doing a roaring trade too.

They were only selling alcohol free beer to England fans in Eindhoven for Euro 2000 but didn’t ban the sale of spirits so supporters were buying shots to chuck in their pints.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1