Worst beer you have ever had at an away ground....

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Went to Plymouth a few years ago

All that bloody way to find they only sold Carlsberg

I've not had any of that stuff since

Down there Hoots you should go for Cider.....Had some when Bristol Rovers played at Twerton near Bath..had twigs in...was halfway home before I realised we won....

• Haha 3

It's always the pint that tips you over the edge at an away football ground - due to:

1.arriving early and frequenting local bars, before going in to the ground and then... 

2. paying extortionate prices from people who can't keep beer (nemind serve it)...

In summary:

1.+ 2.,  makes me feel its a bad pint which ultimately makes me feel sick (sometimes literally)! 

13 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Does anyone know the name of the p *ss served up by that Chequerboard company..Think it was a yellow an' black sign...Tried it at Man Utd...then tried it again once at Blackburn..cos I couldn't believe it was that bad the first time...

Wilsons brewery Manchester used a black and yellow chequerboard sign but they stopped brewing in 1987.

• Like 1

Fulham December 1983. We were on what was then the open end with the cottage in the corner to our right. Think it was a Friday night match and it was absolutely perishing. The beer was ice cold and I can only surmise it was a crafty cockney plot to give us all bleedin' pneumonia!

Game finished 1-1 with IIRC Tony Cunningham scoring on his debut. Cunningham was our first player with Afro-Carribean heritage and some idiots insisted on referring to him as Cooningham. Absolutely disgraceful.