Worst beer you have ever had at an away ground....

18 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Fulham December 1983. We were on what was then the open end with the cottage in the corner to our right. Think it was a Friday night match and it was absolutely perishing. The beer was ice cold and I can only surmise it was a crafty cockney plot to give us all bleedin' pneumonia!

Game finished 1-1 with IIRC Tony Cunningham scoring on his debut. Cunningham was our first player with Afro-Carribean heritage and some idiots insisted on referring to him as Cooningham. Absolutely disgraceful.

i was at that game we managed to get stand seats.

It was my one and only trip with the old Darnall Branch , we met in the old Fiery Fred pub at 11 o clock and travelled down by coach.

I remember after the game we stopped at a boozer in London for the last hour and whilst we were in our coach was broken into, quite a few items were stolen including my leather jacket........one guy had his coat nicked with half his pay packet still inside.

The coach dropped me in town and all i had on top was a thin t shirt....trying to flag a taxi just before christmas in driving sleet......i was f***ing freezin.