Time for Captain Lees to return

On 06/11/2019 at 15:37, Lawrie Madden said:

Tom Lees is a very very very good player but our problems aren't Iorfa and Borner who have forged an excellent partnership while Tom has been injured 

I too would have no qualms at Tom lees playing but it has to be if one or the other suffers an injury or loss of form 

I look at it differently.

I don’t look at the individuals. 

As a four, Iorfa, Lees, Borner and Fox is stronger than Palmer, Iorfa, Borner and Fox.

Its stronger defensively and gives us a massive threat going forward and at set-pieces.

• Like 2

These late late goals in recent matches have been a disaster in terms of points and league position.

It is going back 3 weeks or so but I would like to see Tom Lees with his cool head return.

Iorfa has been excellent but moving him to right back may give him more freedom to charge forward.

It would be Dawson then Iorfa, Lees, Borner and Fox for me on Wedbnesday night.

Some height there too.

100% agree @Owls Loyal

Been saying the same for two months. Iorfa has some better qualities than Lees. Borner has some better qualities than Lees. But without a doubt in my mind, Lees is the best all-round CB in the club.

Palmer being out for three games forces Monk to make a change. Six goals conceded in our last three games would probably have convinced him to bring Lees in anyway. Plus, Borner will have a trotting-up suspension shortly.

I would not bring Moses in. I like Iorfa at RB. Proper attacking threat as well as a powerful and lightening defender.

Iorfa-Lees-Borner-Fox

On 08/11/2019 at 09:43, Holmowl said:

I look at it differently.

I don’t look at the individuals. 

As a four, Iorfa, Lees, Borner and Fox is stronger than Palmer, Iorfa, Borner and Fox.

Its stronger defensively and gives us a massive threat going forward and at set-pieces.

With respect, Iorfa looks like duck out of water at R/B, a typical C/B playing at R/b.

Maybe a 3 man defence.

IORFA, LEES, BORNER

HUTCHINSON

ODUBAJO          BANNAN      REACH     HARRIS

FORESTIERY

FLETCHER

It's as good owt else till January.

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

With respect, Iorfa looks like duck out of water at R/B, a typical C/B playing at R/b.

Maybe a 3 man defence.

IORFA, LEES, BORNER

HUTCHINSON

ODUBAJO          BANNAN      REACH     HARRIS

FORESTIERY

FLETCHER

It's as good owt else till January.

He’s a Right-Back.

Dom’s apps prior to Lees’ injury:-

RB 103 games

CB 14 games

RM 2 games

To which he’s now had our last 12 games at CB.

Im not saying he hasn’t played well at CB. He absolutely has. But there have been lapses along the way too.

Tom is a top Championship CB. Whether he partners Dom or Borner is to be seen, but I suspect we will appreciate Lees all the more when he is slotted back in, which I hope and expect will be Birmingham.

On 04/11/2019 at 08:23, Owls Loyal said:

Tom Lees has been a rock in the centre of our defence for over four years.

Not only is he a fine defender but he is cool and assured under pressure.

The collapse at Blackburn in the last few minutes showed that we are in need of a cool and wise old head.

Iorfa has played well in Lees' absence and he could move to right back where he would also add more going forward..

I sometimes read posts on here that imo underestimate Lees' contribution over a long period for the club.

is he any good in't nets?

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

100% agree @Owls Loyal

Been saying the same for two months. Iorfa has some better qualities than Lees. Borner has some better qualities than Lees. But without a doubt in my mind, Lees is the best all-round CB in the club.

Palmer being out for three games forces Monk to make a change. Six goals conceded in our last three games would probably have convinced him to bring Lees in anyway. Plus, Borner will have a trotting-up suspension shortly.

I would not bring Moses in. I like Iorfa at RB. Proper attacking threat as well as a powerful and lightening defender.

Iorfa-Lees-Borner-Fox

Finding it hard to disagree with this.

Just as a side note as I’ve not seen it mentioned...but I thought Börner was poor at the weekend.

Another one off his usual standard for the last game or two.

No way should Tom lees replace Iorfa....what message does that send out to the squad? Play well and you still get shifted out for a player who has been borderline garbage for the last 2 yrs....never. 

Play Odubajo at right back if Palmers struggling and get as many other new faces out on the pitch and keep them there when playing well...Bruce knew what was needed and it involved the newer players replacing the ones who have come up short time and time again.  

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Like consistently shipping late goals you mean?

Lees is a dithering nightmare from minute one. He has been for at least a season and a half. 

Also possess the heart of a pea. Like the other playoff failure players. 

Edited by Maddogbob

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Like consistently shipping late goals you mean?

Westwood main culprit for this lately assisted by palmer last out, nothing lees could do vs swansea with 2 westwood howlers costing 2 goals.

Dawson, moses, luongo and ff in for me and 433

Edited by Ash77