Time for Captain Lees to return

Iorfa is quicker, more mobile, better on the ball & offers more of an attacking threat at set pieces than Lees. No doubt Lees has been excellent for us but currently there is no logical reason to bring him back at the expense of Iorfa.

12 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

That is true. But he is currently our most attacking weapon (and sometimes our only).

That is because of the way we’re being set up.

Pick a more appropriate formation than Monk’s 4-3-3 (which turned into a 5-1-1-2-1 at the weekend) and we could have multiple attacking weapons on the pitch at the same time.

It would have been another game with 1 conceeded if not for a poxy deflection for the 2nd and we often keep clean sheets.

Our cb's both finally made 1 small mistake and got harshly punished, but dont think a smaller lees wouldnt have got beat for the 1st, when nuhiu and iorfa both got beat by their giant cb!

We were going for a win as a team and should have held on. 

The defence is not the problem, it could become one though if you take iorfas pace away from the middle.

Defence seems easier to focus on going by the amount of obsessive threads about it, but much rather see jp dropped for good because scoring goals, creating chances and too much attritional football is the problem!

By the way lees, although a solid defender, is another one who has been here for a long time that some people are overly sentimental about.

This is a standard overreaction to a defeat thread :duntmatter:

16 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

That is because of the way we’re being set up.

Pick a more appropriate formation than Monk’s 4-3-3 (which turned into a 5-1-1-2-1 at the weekend) and we could have multiple attacking weapons on the pitch at the same time.

Again that is true. Been stressing this for years we don't get the best out of Bannan as he plays too deep. Play him more advanced and he could get goals and assists galore.

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Tom Lees has been a rock in the centre of our defence for over four years.

Not only is he a fine defender but he is cool and assured under pressure.

The collapse at Blackburn in the last few minutes showed that we are in need of a cool and wise old head.

Iorfa has played well in Lees' absence and he could move to right back where he would also add more going forward..

I sometimes read posts on here that imo underestimate Lees' contribution over a long period for the club.

Cool and assured under pressure!!!

Are you serious?

Panic stations and hoof into row z more like.

:duntmatter:

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

The collapse at Blackburn in the last few minutes showed that we are in need of a cool and wise old head.

Iorfa has played well in Lees' absence and he could move to right back where he would also add more going forward..

I sometimes read posts on here that imo underestimate Lees' contribution over a long period for the club.

Borner and Dom have been fantastic . Lee's should have to wait for his chance.

2 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Maybe try Lees centre of a back 3 with Iorfa and Börner. Let Odubajo and Palmer push on (Fox Has done really well but no pace).

Otherwise I’d put Hutch there instead of Lees. Lees can’t pass a ball for some odd reason.

Only an idea for a more attacking formation. Teams in top 12 bang ordinary this season.

Fox has created much more than Palmer in the last couple of games ... I'd suggest Palmer would drop out and Odubajo play RWB if he was to play 3 CBs

Don't see him doing that tho

4 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Agree that Lees is a rock, a calm head and his value is underestimated but think right now it’s a change of tactics and mindset we need not necessarily personnel 

8 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

All those things you say regarding Tom Lees are true, he is indeed a fine defender Maybe some are guilty of underestimating his contribution, but likewise, you might be guilty of overestimating Iorfa’s abilities at right back. Iorfa has found his ideal position, a position he always claimed to prefer, but he is a liability at right back, and should only be used there in emergencies. Tom Lees, in my opinion, will have to wait for his opportunity

Edited by gurujuan

Both Lees and Iorfa have a mistake in them..Lees had a couple of shockers last season...The difference is..Iorfa has the pace to sometimes rectify it, and also the pace to cover someone elses..Tom Lees hasn't.

I like that attacking formation put up earlier by somebody that integrated all 3

Will be interesting to see how Monk sees the situation 

I really like the idea of Borner Lees and Iorfa together, also it give Big Dom more of a free licence to dri  ve forward ,Also I noticed that Borner doesn’t mind doing it either so it maybe something on Monks radar 

Borner and Dom have done great but Tom Lees experience is Vital at times 

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Will be interesting to see how Monk sees the situation 

I really like the idea of Borner Lees and Iorfa together, also it give Big Dom more of a free licence to dri  ve forward ,Also I noticed that Borner doesn’t mind doing it either so it maybe something on Monks radar 

Borner and Dom have done great but Tom Lees experience is Vital at times 

If we did adopt the system, wouldn’t Hutchinson be the third centre back, as he pretty much does that job in away games anyway? Then I suppose we’d have all three centre backs capable of stepping forward. Personally I’m not in favour, as it seems to me to throw up more problems than it solves. In truth, the defence is fine, it’s further forward where the problems lie. Our front three simply don’t score enough goals

10 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

If you want to improve the team and players there's no room for sentimentality bud. 

Yes he's a good top half of the Championship solid defender. 

Yes he's been a good servant for many years now. 

Yet also you need to look at the negatives too, he's not the tallest cb.

Or very quick and the two reasons I said top half championship defender is due to him lacking in the composure on the ball and passing abilities. 

K. Lee has been one of my favourite players in a Wednesday shirt since we dropped out of the top division. 

Though I'm slowly coming to the conclusion age and injuries have cought up on him and he's not looking the player he was.Though for me If Luongo cements his place in the side long term keeping KL out, I'm OK with that if it improves us. 

Just now, Road Runner said:

Lees is a good back up player to come off the bench if we need him.

No way should Borner and Ifora be broken up, they are building a great partnership and compliment each other. 

He will have to wait his turn and fight for the shirt. 

It’s the sort of quality competition that we need in the squad, if we want to be successful. Hopefully we’ll get that in more advanced areas come January