Man of the Match & Scores Huddersfield (A)

Man of the Match  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Top Owl at Huffersfield

• Westwood
    • Odubajo
    • Palmer
    • Hutchinson
    • Borner
    • Iorfa
    • Murphy (60)
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher (83)
    • Reach
    • Harris (86)
    • Winnall (60)
    • Nuhiu (83)
    • Lee (86)

Westwood 6 - wish he would speed up his distribution

Odubajo 5

Iorfa 7

Borner 8 - mom 

Palmer 6

Hutchinson 7

Reach 7

Bannan 6

Murphy 4 - Really disappointing. 

Harris 7

Fletcher 7

Winnall 7

Nuhiu 7

Lee n/a

Thought it was same old same old until Murphy went off. Much better after that. 

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I would say a clean sheet and 3 points is acceptable. Yes the full-backs were a weak link comparatively today but they didn't make any glaring mistakes and din't do anything that caused the opposition to create scoring chances. 

You say Palmer offered nothing but had he put a little less pace on his cross 2nd half we would have had an assist 2nd half. He may well have been instructed to hold his position to give Harris more space to do the damage. He switched off a couple off times 2nd half which Bannan rightly gave him an earful for but a 4 is the kind of mark you get if you get sent off or contribute to a defeat. 

Both get a 6 for me.

It was a simple, easy ball across the box and he fluffed it up. Awful.

In those kind of situations you should already be thinking about what to spend your assist bonus on.

IMO our clean sheet was in spite of our fullbacks rather than thanks to them.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Do you know how often we win by two away from home?

We kept them to almost no chances. Why would I give the defenders less than an 8?

No problem mate, it's your prerogative to score how you feel; it's all about opinions

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It was a simple, easy ball across the box and he fluffed it up. Awful.

In those kind of situations you should already be thinking about what to spend your assist bonus on.

IMO our clean sheet was in spite of our fullbacks rather than thanks to them.

Already agreed that they were our weakest players today. You rarely get a clean sheet if two of your 4 defenders give a 4 out of 10 performance though, regardless of the opposition.

They might well have been punished by a better team but as I say it wasn't as if Huddersfield wasted loads of opportunities afforded by poor full-back play and they weren't constantly giving the ball away in poor positions either. Not great by any means but better than 4/10. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Already agreed that they were our weakest players today. You rarely get a clean sheet if two of your 4 defenders give a 4 out of 10 performance though, regardless of the opposition.

They might well have been punished by a better team but as I say it wasn't as if Huddersfield wasted loads of opportunities afforded by poor full-back play and they weren't constantly giving the ball away in poor positions either. Not great by any means but better than 4/10. 

Against a rank awful side bereft of any confidence I personally couldn’t believe how little they contributed going forward, and how easily Huddersfield were able to cross or run the ball into our box from wide areas

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Against a rank awful side bereft of any confidence I personally couldn’t believe how little they contributed going forward, and how easily Huddersfield were able to cross or run the ball into our box from wide areas

OK.

Having not picked up a point or kept a clean sheet away since the opening game of the season we have come into this game in poor form and have won 2-0 without Westwood having to make more than one decent save and without having them miss any good chances either.

Yes they are in poor form but had only failed to score once in 6 games and all the talk was of how their exciting new manager would give them a lift.

I have lost count of the amount of times we have lost to teams in and around the bottom 6 in recent seasons, including our play-off campaigns. 

I'll leave you now to keep focusing on the negatives so I can enjoy the fact we have recorded a well deserved away win thanks to a professional display. 

Both centre backs were outstanding. Give them both man of the match.

Harris and Fletcher both up to the high standard you expect. Both fullbacks did well.

Bannan got MOM on Sky because Irish Keef was trying really hard not to ejaculate every time he was on the ball. It was a bit cringey how much of a hard on he had for him. Great ball in for the goal but one of Barry's more average games really.

Yeah...Bannan getting MOTM was typically lazy Sky imo. 

He's one of our more high profile players and it was a brilliant assist for the second goal...but we've all seen Bannan have far better games than that. 

For me, I would have give MOTM to Borner. 

Think he has been a real revelation this season. Be surprised if he isn't in contention for POTY. Really impressed so far. 

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

OK.

Having not picked up a point or kept a clean sheet away since the opening game of the season we have come into this game in poor form and have won 2-0 without Westwood having to make more than one decent save and without having them miss any good chances either.

Yes they are in poor form but had only failed to score once in 6 games and all the talk was of how their exciting new manager would give them a lift.

I have lost count of the amount of times we have lost to teams in and around the bottom 6 in recent seasons, including our play-off campaigns. 

I'll leave you now to keep focusing on the negatives so I can enjoy the fact we have recorded a well deserved away win thanks to a professional display. 

Think you’re projecting a bit there mate.

I just posted my player ratings - you and the gang are the ones focusing on the negatives.

Plenty of 7s and 8s you could also focus on if you wanted

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Think you’re projecting a bit there mate.

I just posted my player ratings - you and the gang are the ones focusing on the negatives.

Plenty of 7s and 8s you could also focus on if you wanted

1 8, plenty of 6's and 2 fours in a display you described as 'average'. Still waiting for you to say something positive aside from trying to justify your reasons for giving 4's.

It wasn't a fluid or attractive display but it was one which got the job done exactly as required and the Cowley's conceded we thoroughly deserved it. 

Our last performance was dire as our last 2 away displays have been and as stated, we have failed to win games like this plenty of times in the recent past.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

1 8, plenty of 6's and 2 fours in a display you described as 'average'. Still waiting for you to say something positive aside from trying to justify your reasons for giving 4's.

It wasn't a fluid or attractive display but it was one which got the job done exactly as required and the Cowley's conceded we thoroughly deserved it. 

Our last performance was dire as our last 2 away displays have been and as stated, we have failed to win games like this plenty of times in the recent past.

It’s a bit weird you’re ‘waiting’ for me to post stuff

No one has debated any of the positive scores with me, I’ve only responded to people...

My two other posts tonight - saying Winnall did great, and that we’d do well to get something from Fulham as it’s a tough place to go...hardly doommongoring

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

It’s a bit weird you’re ‘waiting’ for me to post stuff

No one has debated any of the positive scores with me, I’ve only responded to people...

My two other posts tonight - saying Winnall did great, and that we’d do well to get something from Fulham as it’s a tough place to go...hardly doommongoring

We don't go to Fulham for a while......

What positive scores? You gave 1 8 despite saying you gave plenty of 7's and 8's. More 6's and 2 4's.

You described it as average. You could have said something more positive yourself without having to be prompted into it.

Are you happy with a first away win since 3rd August, a first away clean sheet and a resolute start under the new manager?

Enjoy your football! 

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

Alright which drunk bellends hallucinated the game so badly they voted for Murphy :ph34r:

Probably those in that spooning picture in the other thread.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What positive scores? You gave 1 8 despite saying you gave plenty of 7's and 8's. More 6's and 2 4's.

You described it as average. You could have said something more positive yourself without having to be prompted into it.

Are you happy with a first away win since 3rd August, a first away clean sheet and a resolute start under the new manager?

Enjoy your football! 

Always delighted to get three points. But I’m also realistic enough to recognize that we haven’t always performed well to get the three points

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Enjoy your football! 

Who do we play next?

oh, good point...we’re at home. In that case I hope for at least a point 

Edited by McRightSide