Jump to content
Lord Snooty

Man of the Match & Scores Huddersfield (A)

Man of the Match  

567 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Westwood - 6

Odubajo - 7

Iorfa - 6

Borner - 7 (MOM)

Palmer - 6

 

Murphy - 4

Hutchinson - 6

Bannan - 6

Harris - 7

 

Reach - 7

Fletcher - 7

 

Winnall - 7

Dave & Lee - 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Westwood - 6

Odubajo - 7

Iorfa - 6

Borner - 7 (MOM)

Palmer - 6

 

Murphy - 4

Hutchinson - 6

Bannan - 6

Harris - 7

 

Reach - 7

Fletcher - 7

 

Winnall - 7

Dave & Lee - 6

 

I will borrow yours as I can’t be bothered to type it all in.

 

Agree in the main but I thought 

Iorfa was better than Odu so  swap scores and 

Bannan better than Reach so swap theirs 

 

Harris MOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gizowl said:

Big Dave was class when he came on .:biggrin:

nonsense

  • Disagree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brando17 said:

nonsense

just got back Monk must know he has lot's to do,we stood off them far too much,and let them play,we were fortunate to win,but a win is a win,Bannan ran the show,as norm,Fletch was brill,but we still aint top 6 imo,hope Monk can instill something 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

just got back Monk must know he has lot's to do,we stood off them far too much,and let them play,we were fortunate to win,but a win is a win,Bannan ran the show,as norm,Fletch was brill,but we still aint top 6 imo,hope Monk can instill something 

 

Normally about 10 teams are competing for 6 places, I really don't see 10 teams in this division better than Wednesday. 

 

We have a good manager and a decent squad. Monk is not starting from square one. There is no excuse for Wednesday not to be close in May. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

just got back Monk must know he has lot's to do,we stood off them far too much,and let them play,we were fortunate to win,but a win is a win,Bannan ran the show,as norm,Fletch was brill,but we still aint top 6 imo,hope Monk can instill something 

 

There was nothing fortunate about today's win.....................................Absoluteley nothing.

Edited by DELUDED OWL
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should hope there was nothing fortunate about our win; Huddersfield have won 1 game in 294 calendar days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yeah...Bannan getting MOTM was typically lazy Sky imo. 

 

He's one of our more high profile players and it was a brilliant assist for the second goal...but we've all seen Bannan have far better games than that.

 

I thought Bannan was very good today. He seems to have reined it in a bit with the Hollywood balls, which means he doesn't catch the eye as much, but in my view, this makes him more effective.

As you say, great ball for the second goal and got his foot in a bit as well

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this one very difficult to choose, normally that's because it was a terrible game, but in this case it's because we performed well as a team.

 

For me anyone one out of Hutch, Borner, Bannan, Harris, Iorfa could have got it, and then you have to again give credit to Fletcher...and Winnall, what a crucial time to score when Huddersfield were starting to press.... not to forget that important save from Westwood as well!

 

That's not the say it was a perfect performance, but we made it look fairly easy in the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westwood   -   6    Couple of smart saves, kicking poor

 

Odubajo   -   6    Got skinned a couple of times but did pretty well overall

Iorfa   -   8.5    My MOM never missed a beat

Borner   -   8    Very assured

Palmer   -   6    Defended Ok, lacking quality in final third

 

Murphy   -   4    TBH I have been really disappointed in him so far and was expecting much more from someone who cost £12M, half hearted display with awful distribution

Hutchinson   -   6    Quiet first half, better second

Bannan   -   7    Some lovely touches and a peach of an assist, a few too many hopeful balls.

Harris   -   7    Looks a cracking pick up for nothing, should have involved more in the second half

 

Fletcher   -   7    Playing consistently well at the moment

Reach   -   5    Non existent first half (NOT his position) , perked up a bit when back out wide , should have scored.

 

Winnall    -    7    Took his goal well and looked lively, if a little rusty

Nuhiu   -    7    Came on and did well

Lee    N/A

 

OVERALL

Time will tell if we have swerved one with the Cowley bros, but they have a big job on their hands there...………….overpaid and undermotivated squad.

 

Decent start for Monk and hopefully it might shut up the Cowley fan club for a while.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Job done for us. Hudds looked lost and were waiting to be beat. Must up our game moving forward as we allowed them too much room at times.

 

However... 

 

Iorfa - looked shaky first half and then played brilliantly I thought second half.

 

Borner - can this man do no wrong?

 

Odubajo - question marks so far with him but today looked solid and looks to be building in confidence.

 

Bannan - more like it.

 

Harris - he will be key, good outlet. 

 

Fletcher - form of his career.

 

Winnall - remember him? Great cameo and hope we finally get to see the player we signed. Good goal too. 

 

Good start with Monk. Be a very good test vs Fulham now and see what we can do against one of the favourites for promotion.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good 3 points, if Huddersfield were upping their game for the new manager it didn't show.

 

Other than the superb run and cross by Harris the first 45 minutes we were poor on the attack, looked like hump it to Fletcher and look for the flick on.defensively  Ilorfa and Borner looked solid and Huddersfield didn't look like scoring.

 

I thought Huddersfield got on top the first 15 minutes of the second half and were overloading down our right side and causing Odubaju problems. I was calling for the innefective Murphy to come off and bring on Luongo to try to get a grip of midfield.

 

Monk made what turned out to be a very clever substitution bringing Winnall on and dropping Reach back to assist Odubaju.

From this point on thought we controlled the game. A very good decisive substitution.

 

Westwood.  7.5.   Solid, nice handling and a clean sheet.

 

Odubaju.      6.      Much better than his Preston nightmare but doesn't fill me with confidence

Ilorfa.            7.5.  Prefer as right wing back but thought he did very well in central defence. A very good athlete.

Borner.          7.5. Along with Ilorfa lformed a solid central partnership

Palmer.         6.5. Typical reliable display I have come to expect.

 

Hutchinson.  6.5.  Solid defensively

Bannan.         6.5.  Played too deep in the first half better in the second and a nice cross for the goal

 

Murphy.          4. Didn't get into the game been dissapointed with him so far.

Reach.           6.5. Poor first half playing just behind Fletcher but had a very good last 30 minutes and helped Odubaju out.

Harris.            8.  MOM.  Once again our most likely goal scoring provider, the cross he put in for the first goal was perfect, took the keeper clean out of the game. Also surprised how much he tracks back.

 

Fletcher.         8. worked his socks off and took his goal well

 

Winnalll.          7 Just the substitution we needed, worked hard and linked midfield and attack and ook his goal really well After his recent showings this is just what we wanted to see.

 

 

Monk.             8.   Thought he got the initial line up wrong which left us very weak in midfield. Was brave enough to change the system with the clever substitution.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Westwood   -   6    Couple of smart saves, kicking poor

 

Odubajo   -   6    Got skinned a couple of times but did pretty well overall

Iorfa   -   8.5    My MOM never missed a beat

Borner   -   8    Very assured

Palmer   -   6    Defended Ok, lacking quality in final third

 

Murphy   -   4    TBH I have been really disappointed in him so far and was expecting much more from someone who cost £12M, half hearted display with awful distribution

Hutchinson   -   6    Quiet first half, better second

Bannan   -   7    Some lovely touches and a peach of an assist, a few too many hopeful balls.

Harris   -   7    Looks a cracking pick up for nothing, should have involved more in the second half

 

Fletcher   -   7    Playing consistently well at the moment

Reach   -   5    Non existent first half (NOT his position) , perked up a bit when back out wide , should have scored.

 

Winnall    -    7    Took his goal well and looked lively, if a little rusty

Nuhiu   -    7    Came on and did well

Lee    N/A

 

OVERALL

Time will tell if we have swerved one with the Cowley bros, but they have a big job on their hands there...………….overpaid and undermotivated squad.

 

Decent start for Monk and hopefully it might shut up the Cowley fan club for a while.

Nuhui was on 8 mins, yet you give hime the same mark as Fletch,?really !!!

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYowl said:

Monk.             8.   Thought he got the initial line up wrong which left us very weak in midfield. Was brave enough to change the system with the clever substitution.

 

 

I know it's all opinions, but I think Monk got his tactics spot on

 

He conceded possession to keep the game tight, I didn't think we were weak in midfield, I thought the opposite

 

I think Monk saw that Huddersfield had run out of ideas, he could have sat on the 1-0 lead but he probably suspected Huddersfield might step up for the last 10 minutes of the game as most teams do when they are only down by one goal

 

In my opinion he decided to go for the throat and play for the second goal

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westwood - 7

Odubajo - 7

Iorfa - 7

Borner - 7 

Palmer - 7

 

Murphy - 6

Hutchinson - 8

Bannan - 8

Harris - 7

 

Reach - 7

Fletcher - 8

 

Winnall - 7

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Borner was once again very good today,the back 4 looked comfortable,but theyl face FAR stiffer tests than today this month.

The rest did well enough,again Murphy struggled to get into the game,the change in shape when Winnall came on seemed to work a treat and we looked far more fluid and cohesive and begun to get foreward quicker and looked more of threat,Reach came into the game more and all of a sudden we had more options going foreward.

Hudders have got that bad habit of losing games and carried over,its a big job to turn that around.

Classic moment early doors when Odubajo got one in his crystals,god knows how he took that throw in he was proper feeling the pain.

 

Edited by legendaryswan
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I was the only one who went for Westwood then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NYowl said:

A good 3 points, if Huddersfield were upping their game for the new manager it didn't show.

 

Other than the superb run and cross by Harris the first 45 minutes we were poor on the attack, looked like hump it to Fletcher and look for the flick on.defensively  Ilorfa and Borner looked solid and Huddersfield didn't look like scoring.

 

I thought Huddersfield got on top the first 15 minutes of the second half and were overloading down our right side and causing Odubaju problems. I was calling for the innefective Murphy to come off and bring on Luongo to try to get a grip of midfield.

 

Monk made what turned out to be a very clever substitution bringing Winnall on and dropping Reach back to assist Odubaju.

From this point on thought we controlled the game. A very good decisive substitution.

 

Westwood.  7.5.   Solid, nice handling and a clean sheet.

 

Odubaju.      6.      Much better than his Preston nightmare but doesn't fill me with confidence

Ilorfa.            7.5.  Prefer as right wing back but thought he did very well in central defence. A very good athlete.

Borner.          7.5. Along with Ilorfa lformed a solid central partnership

Palmer.         6.5. Typical reliable display I have come to expect.

 

Hutchinson.  6.5.  Solid defensively

Bannan.         6.5.  Played too deep in the first half better in the second and a nice cross for the goal

 

Murphy.          4. Didn't get into the game been dissapointed with him so far.

Reach.           6.5. Poor first half playing just behind Fletcher but had a very good last 30 minutes and helped Odubaju out.

Harris.            8.  MOM.  Once again our most likely goal scoring provider, the cross he put in for the first goal was perfect, took the keeper clean out of the game. Also surprised how much he tracks back.

 

Fletcher.         8. worked his socks off and took his goal well

 

Winnalll.          7 Just the substitution we needed, worked hard and linked midfield and attack and ook his goal really well After his recent showings this is just what we wanted to see.

 

 

Monk.             8.   Thought he got the initial line up wrong which left us very weak in midfield. Was brave enough to change the system with the clever substitution.

 

 

 

Enjoyed reading that.

 

Harris - yes I noticed how hard he worked defensively too. Very impressive player.

 

Murphy - I thought after 35 minutes he was glaringly out of the game. Surprised to see him back on the pitch after HT. Especially with Reach being a far far better winger than central player.

Edited by Holmowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...