Man of the Match & Scores Huddersfield (A)

Man of the Match  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Top Owl at Huffersfield

• Westwood
    • Odubajo
    • Palmer
    • Hutchinson
    • Borner
    • Iorfa
    • Murphy (60)
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher (83)
    • Reach
    • Harris (86)
    • Winnall (60)
    • Nuhiu (83)
    • Lee (86)

Westwood - 7

Odubajo - 7

Iorfa - 6

Borner - 7

Palmer - 7

Hutchinson - 7

Bannan - 7

Harris - 7

Murphy - 5

Reach - 5

Fletcher - 7

Solid if unspectacular.

Odubajo pick of defenders had a good game, Borner solid as usual. Palmer did well but Iorfa scares the hell out of me. All over first half but better second personally never been a cb IMO.

Bannan frustrates the hell out of me, he’s bloody pointless sometimes but then you get him advanced and runs the game !!!

Hutch very good and my MOM. Harris is class.

Fletcher had a good game and Winnall changed game coming on.

34 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

I must have watched a different match to some?!!. Agree Fletch was quality up top, and Harris played well. Airdrie Iniesta was quality in the middle. But most on here are giving fullbacks big scores!!!??, thought palmer was bang average and was caught out of position/not tracking back plenty of times, and Odubajo was terrible for first hour, he was all over place, his defensive positioning was shambolic at times!!??

Decent first match for Monk, but far more gritty than pretty, plenty to work on, but chuffed with 3 points and a clean sheet

Sorry mate, Odubajo had Grant in his back pocket from the start.

Showed glimpses of quality today. Way too many long balls, but that might be down to the defence rushing it forward without the defensive assurance of Lees. 

Odubajo looked much better defensively today. He seemed to have a lot of fight and determination. 7/10

Iorfa out of position a couple of times, but overall solid next to the rock that is Borner. Palmer had another solid game too. 8/10

Hutchinson broke a lot of their play up, nothing fancy but did the dirty work well. Shouldn't have shot though with much better options on. 8/10

Bannan played ok. Quality assist, what a cross. But he did mess around in possession a couple of times getting caught. Also a couple of times he had the opportunity to release Harris down the wing but misplaced the pass. 7/10

Fletcher won everything and was everywhere. 9/10

Harris dangerous as always. He's not just pace, got composure to pick the right ball, as he showed for the assist and cut back for Reach. 8/10

Murphy is at his best when running at his man. Could have won a penalty. But I do want to see him offer himself for the ball more. 6/10

Winnall, where's he been hiding that?!? Great header for the goal, quality defense splitting ball to send Palmer through. Looked really up for it today. 8/10

Nuhui excellent too, skills and power. 7/10

6 for the rest, excluding Westwood who gets a 7.5

Good start for Monk. He'll have seen a few issues he can address, and take plenty of positives from a solid 3 points away from home. 

UTO

48 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

4?!

He kept Huddersfield's best player extremely quiet. Defended brilliantly against Grant. A player who's scored nearly 60% of Huddersfield's goals since he signed. 

You might not rate Odubajo, but c'mon, that's ridiculous. 

44 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Two fours? Don't be silly, if players are getting fours then we have to have lost or they have dropped numerous boo boos and had nightmares! It was a solid display by all the players. Solid must start at least with a 6.

Its not about liking or not liking someone

Or fullbacks offered zero going forward and were beaten too easily, too often going the other direction. Fortunately we defended well in the middle.

As for Grant scoring 60% of their goals. That tells you more about them than him...which you would know if you looked at actual goals rather than %

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Or fullbacks offered zero going forward and were beaten too easily, too often going the other direction. Fortunately we defended well in the middle.

As for Grant scoring 60% of their goals. That tells you more about them than him...which you would know if you looked at actual goals rather than %

Giving him a 4 points more to your bias than his actual performance.

Anyone can see he was a steady 7 , certainly no less than a 6. 

Edited by Beholder

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Giving him a 4 points more to your bias than his actual performance.

Anyone can see he was a steady 7 , certainly no less than a 6. 

I would say it’s more a gauge of expectations and what you are willing to judge as acceptable.

It would be interesting to see the stats on crosses into the box, esp in the 2nd half.

I’d bet if Fox was playing it would have been lower. He’s actually pretty good at blocking crosses (1st job of a fullback btw) and has better recovery pace than Palmer

Edited by McRightSide

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Spot on, Borner and especially Iorfa had to bail out full backs caught out of position a number of times.

As for grant, was some on he are going on he's a championship messi!!!, 'ah but 60% of their goals'!!!, 60% of not many aint a lot!!, plus he takes their pens!!!:dry:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

Spot on, Borner and especially Iorfa had to bail out full backs caught out of position a number of times.

As for grant, was some on he are going on he's a championship messi!!!, 'ah but 60% of their goals'!!!, 60% of not many aint a lot!!, plus he takes their pens!!!:dry:

Pens don’t count.

How many were tap ins?

By the way, i think the fearsome amount of goals that he’s scored - which Odubajo delivered a heroic effort to single handedly snuffle - is 8 (eight)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I would say it’s more a gauge of expectations and what you are willing to judge as acceptable.

I would say a clean sheet and 3 points is acceptable. Yes the full-backs were a weak link comparatively today but they didn't make any glaring mistakes and din't do anything that caused the opposition to create scoring chances. 

You say Palmer offered nothing but had he put a little less pace on his cross 2nd half we would have had an assist 2nd half. He may well have been instructed to hold his position to give Harris more space to do the damage. He switched off a couple off times 2nd half which Bannan rightly gave him an earful for but a 4 is the kind of mark you get if you get sent off or contribute to a defeat. 

Both get a 6 for me.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I thought that was good from Iorfa. ..yet somehow I still get a bit of the old clenched buttocks when it'd near him.

Him and Odubajo, who by the way was awful for most of the match. Never been a right back or anything defensive at all.

Brilliant win away from home but a poor performance. We showed great resilience, they were really poor but they still dominated us up until we got the 2nd. 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Thought that was an average performance against an abysmal side - they look like relegation fodder already. 

Westwood - 6

Odubajo - 4

Iorfa - 7

Boerner - 6

Palmer - 4

Hutchinson - 6

Bannan - 8

Harris - 7

Murphy - 5

Reach - 6

Fletcher - 7

Your ratings for the two fullbacks are complete and utter gonads.