Man of the Match & Scores Huddersfield (A)

Man of the Match  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Top Owl at Huffersfield

• Westwood
    • Odubajo
    • Palmer
    • Hutchinson
    • Borner
    • Iorfa
    • Murphy (60)
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher (83)
    • Reach
    • Harris (86)
    • Winnall (60)
    • Nuhiu (83)
    • Lee (86)

Westwood 7.5 - typical commanding performance with some good saves 

Odubajo 7 - got caught out of position a couple of times but improved as the game went on

Iorfa 7 - dodgy first half, solid second 

Börner 8 - love him, best centre half we’ve had for years

Palmer 7 - solid, no nonsense performance 

Hutch 7 - did his job well enough

Bannan 7 - good assist but used the ball poorly at other times

Harris 8 - felt he was a little bit quiet at times today but still makes the contributions that count. Beautiful cross in for Fletch’s goal

Murphy 6 - not great... we looked better when he went off

Reach 7 - ineffective up front, much better out wide... play him on the wing ffs

Fletch 8.5 - thought he was brilliant, never stops battling even with very little support. Took his goal well

Winnall 7.5 - thought he looked lively and hopefully the goal will give him confidence 

Nuhiu 7 - love a ten minute Nuhiu cameo me, even better when he kicks one of the opposites in the balls

Lee N/A - didn’t have enough time

• Thanks 1

Hudders v poor but solid away performance bar a few annoyances!

Wwood 6 little to do 

Moses 7 solid and pacy

Iorfa 8* only 2nd start at cb but has it all including pace, deserves a run at cb

Borner 7 solid and assured, especially with extra pace next to him

Palmer 5 saunters back, loses men, lets crosses in and doesnt overlap, fox maybe slightly better option, at least he gives 100%

Murphy 5 another who saunters about, needs to increase work rate and work on crossing, badly

Hutch 6 seems to have lost a yard and will likely struggle against better opps, luongo might start getting a bit miffed.

Bannan 7 great assist

Harris 7 great assist, little support 

Fletch 7 solid finish

Reach 5 barely touched it, mainly sauntered about, never a no 9 or 10, if 442 stick him on left and have him running the flank

Pleased for winnall and nuhiu still looks capable of covering fletch role when needed

Excellent away performance. We don’t get many like that.

Westwood 8 did all  you could ask

Odubajo 8 put his nightmare behind him.

Borner 8 rock solid not a foot wrong

Iorfa 8 pace to burn and really on his game. 

Palmer 8 top notch 

Murphy 5 looked nowhere today. Surely Reach a much better bet.

Reach 8 excellent afternoon

Hutch 7 effective but a few times beaten too easily

Bannan 9 superb going forward and back. Masterclass.

Harris 8 caused problems all afternoon and worked really hard too

Fletcher 8.5 outstanding away CF display

Winnall 8 really pleased with his showing. Worked well with Fletch then Nuniu

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Thought that was an average performance against an abysmal side - they look like relegation fodder already. 

Westwood - 6

Odubajo - 4

Iorfa - 7

Boerner - 6

Palmer - 4

Hutchinson - 6

Bannan - 8

Harris - 7

Murphy - 5

Reach - 6

Fletcher - 7

4?!

He kept Huddersfield's best player extremely quiet. Defended brilliantly against Grant. A player who's scored nearly 60% of Huddersfield's goals since he signed. 

You might not rate Odubajo, but c'mon, that's ridiculous. 

32 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Iorfa actually had a very good game although something about him frightens the life out of me.

I think he looks slow to react sometimes, however it's hardly surprising he's got to get the message from his brain alllll the way to his feet! 

His saving grace is his natural pace to get back in position! Same with Odubajo. 

Pleased with the performances in particular of Odubajo & Iorfa. They needed that. Winnall too. Bannan & Fletch dependable as per. Still need more from Reach & Murphy. Those two struggled to get into the game. 

Thought Iorfa was outstanding.  Only real concerning performance was Murphy, he looks lazy and needs to work harder.  Nearly cost a goal when he just watched as Kongolo cut inside and got a shot away that Westwood parried.  I presume that Monk spotted this issue given he got hooked, hopefully he will have a word.

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Thought that was an average performance against an abysmal side - they look like relegation fodder already. 

Westwood - 6

Odubajo - 4

Iorfa - 7

Boerner - 6

Palmer - 4

Hutchinson - 6

Bannan - 8

Harris - 7

Murphy - 5

Reach - 6

Fletcher - 7

Two fours? Don't be silly, if players are getting fours then we have to have lost or they have dropped numerous boo boos and had nightmares! It was a solid display by all the players. Solid must start at least with a 6.

41 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Fletcher for me, he was an absolute battering ram upfront, paired with some excellent touches and interplay.

Thought Harris continued to look our most potent outlet.

Bannan improved as the game went on and a sublime cross for Winnalls goal.

Iorfa actually had a very good game although something about him frightens the life out of me.

Agree with you in the main.

It was a professional all round display, Fletcher, Harris, Borner and Bannan were all in contention for me. As you say, I thought Bannan got better as the game went on and Fletcher is crucial to how we play. Went for Harris as he was once again key to us getting on the score-sheet. He is the main threat for opening up the opposition, set up for first goal, created a great chance for Reach and was involved in the 2nd goal. We have struggled lately when teams have doubled up on him and we need to offer more of a threat from elsewhere when this happens, hopefully Monk will be able to do this. 

16 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Excellent away performance. We don’t get many like that.

Westwood 8 did all  you could ask

Odubajo 8 put his nightmare behind him.

Borner 8 rock solid not a foot wrong

Iorfa 8 pace to burn and really on his game. 

Palmer 8 top notch 

Murphy 5 looked nowhere today. Surely Reach a much better bet.

Reach 8 excellent afternoon

Hutch 7 effective but a few times beaten too easily

Bannan 9 superb going forward and back. Masterclass.

Harris 8 caused problems all afternoon and worked really hard too

Fletcher 8.5 outstanding away CF display

Winnall 8 really pleased with his showing. Worked well with Fletch then Nuniu

We weren't that bad! I'd love to see your scores out of 10 when we play really well

21 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood - 6

Odubajo - 4

Iorfa - 7

Boerner - 6

Palmer - 4

Hutchinson - 6

Bannan - 8

Harris - 7

Murphy - 5

Reach - 6

Fletcher - 7

Huddersfield may be bobar right now but they had scored in all but one of their 6 league games before today. We kept a clean sheet with Odubajo and Iorfa at the back, I will take that as being a job well done rather than just 'average' in Monk's first game as this was going to be a test for us with them getting a lift from the new boss.

We did offer them too much out wide but giving both full-backs 4 is overly harsh. 

Having lost our last two league away games I am more than happy with how we went about that today. 

I must have watched a different match to some?!!. Agree Fletch was quality up top, and Harris played well. Airdrie Iniesta was quality in the middle. But most on here are giving fullbacks big scores!!!??, thought palmer was bang average and was caught out of position/not tracking back plenty of times, and Odubajo was terrible for first hour, he was all over place, his defensive positioning was shambolic at times!!??

Decent first match for Monk, but far more gritty than pretty, plenty to work on, but chuffed with 3 points and a clean sheet

8 minutes ago, LittleG said:

We weren't that bad! I'd love to see your scores out of 10 when we play really well

Do you know how often we win by two away from home?

We kept them to almost no chances. Why would I give the defenders less than an 8?