Blessing In disguise

I have an opinion.

Bullen is happy to sail the ship in the right direction, He's been treated extremely well and doesn't want the ride to end.

Problem is, you can get an extra 10% out of that squad.

That 10% comes from experience and respect.

Jos burned a million bridges. Bullen and Bruce patched them bridges

But with the size and quality of the squad now, strong words have to said to players

Will Bullen say those strong words? Risk burning a bridge? or is he content to steer the ship, knowing the quality in the team will be enough to keep him employed.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

To be replaced by who?

By a seasoned manager.

Someone who's served his apprenticeship.

We're not going to get another Bruce, but at least we should get someone who knows how to act when the wheels fall off the wagon, or when an opposing team goes down to ten.

Personally I'd engage Rowett.

It's clear now that Stoke were nothing like the force we thought they'd be, and Durby fans were sad to see him go.

We're not lucky enough to get a Wilder, we don't have the name to get a Bielsa, and we don't have the brass to get a Hughton.

But Rowett will at least deliver par performances.

And he wants this job, and that's a start.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

By a seasoned manager.

We're not going to get another Bruce, but at least we should get someone who knows how to act when the wheels fall off the wagon, or when an opposing team goes down to ten.

It's clear now that Stoke were nothing like the force we thought they'd be, and Durby fans were sad to see him go.

We're not lucky enough to get a Wilder, we don't have the name to get a Bielsa, and we don't have the brass to get a Hughton.

You might as well keep Bullen as have Rowett, hardly going to get the fan base excited, and if he had the same run of results as Bullen would it be OK to start calling for him to leave?

Bullen comes across as one of the lads rather than the manager 

We need a manager whose gonna get the best out of these players and if standards drop then they'll get a bollocking for it

Bullen doesn't seem that guy 

21 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

You might as well keep Bullen as have Rowett, hardly going to get the fan base excited, and if he had the same run of results as Bullen would it be OK to start calling for him to leave?

I take your point, but it's the performances which worry me.

I saw the game yesterday, and we were really poor.

We didn't know how to deal with a 10-man MIllwall, and barring Barnsley we've not played well.

Our points tally is better than you would expect for the way we've played, but that won't last.

And we're yet to play any of the fancied teams.

The managers who excite the fans won't come here, and Rowett's about where we are right now.

Bullen's too close to the players, and he doesn't have the experience of a Rowett.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

I take your point, but it's the performances which worry me.

I saw the game yesterday, and we were really poor.

We didn't know how to deal with a 10-man MIllwall, and barring Barnsley we've not played well.

Our points tally is better than you would expect for the way we've played, but that won't last.

And we're yet to play any of the fancied teams.

The managers who excite the fans won't come here, and Rowett's about where we are right now.

Bullen's too close to the players, and he doesn't have the experience of a Rowett.

Rowett has failed three play offs, CC failed twice, why get a manager who failed more times than the previous one?  Doesn't seem logical to me. 

26 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Rowett has failed three play offs, CC failed twice, why get a manager who failed more times than the previous one?  Doesn't seem logical to me. 

Failure in the play-offs at least means that a manager is good enough to get a team there in the first place.

And even Bruce failed once, to my knowledge.

Durby always lose in the play-offs anyway, as do the Blades.

I never complained about our first play-off defeat, because Hull were better than us, but the second defeat was terrible.

I'm not saying that Rowett is the bee's knees, it's just that he is at least an experienced manager.

Bullen isn't.

I mean, if you wanted a kitchen fitting, would you employ (a) a middling joiner, or (b) a bloke who isn't a joiner?

You wouldn't take the view that just because you couldn't have the Queen's joiner you'd take someone with no experience in joinery.

And you wouldn't want someone using your expensively-acquired kitchen to practise on.

"I'm sorry the doors don't shut right, mate, but I'm new to this".

Whatever, I think Chansiri needs to make a decision one way or the other because we're in limbo at present.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Failure in the play-offs at least means that a manager is good enough to get a team there in the first place.

And even Bruce failed once, to my knowledge.

Durby always lose in the play-offs anyway, as do the Blades.

I never complained about our first play-off defeat, because Hull were better than us, but the second defeat was terrible.

I'm not saying that Rowett is the bee's knees, it's just that he is at least an experienced manager.

Bullen isn't.

I mean, if you wanted a kitchen fitting, would you employ (a) a middling joiner, or (b) a bloke who isn't a joiner?

You wouldn't take the view that just because you couldn't have the Queen's joiner you'd take someone with no experience in joinery.

And you wouldn't want someone using your expensively-acquired kitchen to practise on.

"I'm sorry the doors don't shut right, mate, but I'm new to this".

Whatever, I think Chansiri needs to make a decision one way or the other because we're in limbo at present.

Rowett doesn't convince me he can't get over the winning line.

DC needs to make a decision that I do agree with but just hope its not any of the managers mentioned on OT. 

Think he will go abroad again. 

16 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Rowett doesn't convince me he can't get over the winning line.

DC needs to make a decision that I do agree with but just hope its not any of the managers mentioned on OT. 

Think he will go abroad again. 

He's certainly no Bruce, that's true, nor is he a Hughton.

Mind you, I guess the only problem with appointing managers who've actually got promoted to the PL is that Bruciegate is a constant threat, and you're always likely to lose them.

But you're right that a foreign manager is very likely, and dismal Doom Howson has always been adamant that we're hunting in Portugal.

Bruce has landed us in the brown stuff big time.

On 25/08/2019 at 11:10, Athelwulf said:

By a seasoned manager.

Whoever we get you'll stick a clown's nose on them.. won't you?