Do we expect any more outgoings?

1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

If Bullen remains in charge then most of our young players need to move on IMO.

Bullen won’t chose younger players, prefers to pick his mates.

I would be surprised if Dawson is not looking for a move, keepers need to play to improve, a transfer in January to a more progressive club would be good for him.

Thornliy, Penny and Ash Baker have seen their chances of first team football vanish since Bullen took over so again a transfer in January would be best for the three of them. 

Disagree. Bullens a big advocate of u23’s hence him badgering on at Gray to give Lavery a go all those years ago.

44 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Really? Because from what I remember most were involved when we were playing awful turgid football under Jos. Dont get wrong I fully believe in giving youngsters a chance but I think at the moment with a settled squad rife with experience from back to front I think we should stick with what weve got. The likes of Penney, Baker and Preston, I don't see them near the first team. However Thorniley and Dawson should stick around as back up because they will get opportunities more than once this season. 

I remember,

away at Reading won 2-0

away at Villa.        won 2-1

away at Bristol.     won 2-1

away at the Blunts drew 0-0

IMO these were our best four performances last season.

But what do I know,I only went to eighty games over the past two years.

1 minute ago, Standidno said:

Disagree. Bullens a big advocate of u23’s hence him badgering on at Gray to give Lavery a go all those years ago.

Don’t agree about Bullen, when he took over last season the first thing he did was to drop all the Youngsters and bring his mates back..

Now Thornliy and Penny don’t even get picked to sit on the bench..

12 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Don’t agree about Bullen, when he took over last season the first thing he did was to drop all the Youngsters and bring his mates back..

Now Thornliy and Penny don’t even get picked to sit on the bench..

With good reason, playing in that side, losing every week, wasn’t doing their development any good. I hope they are still in the thoughts of the manager, and I certainly wouldn’t have any worries about playing them, if the need arose. None of the others are anywhere near ready though

Like to see more young lads go on loan. Baker won’t get a kick, we’re fully stocked at right back and he could do with a full season in L1. Penney and Thorniley too, can’t see where either of the two get near the team now but a full year on loan will 100% make them better than sat playing U23 games all year. 

45 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

I remember,

away at Reading won 2-0

You thought the draw at Bramall Lane was one of our best performances last season? :laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

I remember,

away at Reading won 2-0

Villa and Reading we played well. Bristol City we were dire first half admittedly better second. The 0-0 with the pigs was one of our best performances? Ok, come on then, is that you Jos?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Villa and Reading we played well. Bristol City we were dire first half admittedly better second. The 0-0 with the pigs was one of our best performances? Ok, come on then, is that you Jos?

I thought it was Neil :ph34r:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

You thought the draw at Bramall Lane was one of our best performances last season? :laugh:

I think the young lads did well at the Lane, watching the match live at the ground.

For 20 min the Blunts started like a steam train, diving about like Tom Daley and attempting to bully our young lads.But by half time the Blunts were done. In the second half they created nowt and we got a point from the game which was a good result in my book..

Wilder did plenty of moaning, but what did he expect. We were going to turn up give the ball to Fatty Sharp and for us to lose 5 or 6 nil, fizz the Blades and what they think..

6 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

I think the young lads did well at the Lane, watching the match live at the ground.

For 20 min the Blunts started like a steam train, diving about like Tom Daley and attempting to bully our young lads.But by half time the Blunts were done. In the second half they created nowt and we got a point from the game which was a good result in my book..

Wilder did plenty of moaning, but what did he expect. We were going to turn up give the ball to Fatty Sharp and for us to lose 5 or 6 nil, fizz the Blades and what they think..

“Best performances of the year” :laugh: We never crossed half way line, surviving at the Lane will never in my book go down as a “performance of the year”. 

8 minutes ago, Ronio said:

We could see Thorniley go out on loan.  

He needs regular games week in week out to keep his development going.  

Warne says Rotherham are close to signing a centre half from the Championship I wonder if it is Thorniley he is on about.

5 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Winnall and Rhodes do not look sharp. Take your pick and send 1 out on loan to league 1 whilst the other stays as cover. After Fox has shown he is steady at left back i would be tempted to get Penney a league 1 loan move and Baker a league 2 loan move. I think Thorniley is more ready to start and can cover other positions in emergencies, so i would keep him and play him at Rotherham with Bates at centre half. I think everyone else needs to stay for cover. Even players at bottom of the pecking order like Pelupessy. Start them in league cup to try and keep them sharp. I would rest the entire starting 11 at Rotherham and give others a try.

Starting 11 at Meadowhall anex FC.

Dawson

Moses (i prefer Iorfa at right back)

Palmer (if fit, after Tuesday it's tight between him and Fox, weird because Palmer is best right back, Palmer might need some minutes though)

Bates

Thorniley

Pelupessy

Luongo

Fessi to the left

Fraser Preston to the right

Rhodes

Nuhiu (needs to drop deeper and link play, can be good with his feet in close quarters, let Rhodes lead the line)

Bench:

Jones

Borukov

Damba

Winnall

Hunt

Iorfa

Fox

As you can tell i don't value the league cup much more than another game to get players fit and give them a chance to shine. Man city or Liverpool will win it. Sorry. Lovely if you get a big draw, but imagine if one of our core players got injured, not worth it.

why get rid of Winnall or Rhodes and keep Nuhui ffs strike rates,!!!!!!

2 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

“Best performances of the year” :laugh: We never crossed half way line, surviving at the Lane will never in my book go down as a “performance of the year”. 

Wouldn’t put it up there as one of best performances of the season, but those who played that night did well. Think we all dreaded getting an absolute hammering off let’s admit it one of the best footballing sides in the league last season - to limit them to very little and keep a rare clean sheet was in my opinion a success

25 minutes ago, S61 Owl said:

Wouldn’t put it up there as one of best performances of the season, but those who played that night did well. Think we all dreaded getting an absolute hammering off let’s admit it one of the best footballing sides in the league last season - to limit them to very little and keep a rare clean sheet was in my opinion a success

Defensively yes. Offensively no. 

Guest Grez Bez

Baker needs to leave on a loan to permanent deal.

I'd like Thorniley to go to another championship team (if allowed) or a high L1 team). Would like Dawson / Wildsmith to get some time on loan too but don't think they can.